Mizuno MP-20 Irons

More forgiving low on the face, which is a miss I struggle with. Higher flight for me.
i can attest to that. Low shots on the face hurt the hands. I caught one a groove or two low and it was not pretty.

i can attest to that. Low shots on the face hurt the hands. I caught one a groove or two low and it was not pretty.

In the SEL's are the low shots worse on the HMB or the short irons?

In the SEL's are the low shots worse on the HMB or the short irons?
The SEL is just a lefty HM/MB combo. It’s not that the shot is bad, it just feels harsh compared to my 900:forged irons.

The SEL is just a lefty HM/MB combo. It’s not that the shot is bad, it just feels harsh compared to my 900:forged irons.

Yes, just wondering if your comment was aimed more at the HM (*as JB noted) or the MB short iron, which was worse between the two?

Yes, just wondering if your comment was aimed more at the HM (*as JB noted) or the MB short iron, which was worse between the two?
Both. On the range I hit a few low on the face with a 3i and a 5i. The 3i is a HMB and a 5i is a MB. Both did Not feel good and didn’t go very far.

Really kinda want to get a hmb 3i to stick on top of my 919f 4i. ?

Think there would be a big advantage vs sticking with the forged? Or even going to a HMP in that spot?
No 919f 3i.

Been pondering a hydrid to gap to my 4w. But the HMBs are nice to look at, and i wont allow myself to buy a whole set yet.

I have to be honest. This is how I feel when I play these clubs. Please dont ban me.

No 919f 3i.

Been pondering a hydrid to gap to my 4w. But the HMBs are nice to look at, and i wont allow myself to buy a whole set yet.
Ahh that makes sense.

Would be fun to see a comparison between hi-fli and HMB in that spot.

As much as I want to hit the HMB, I want to try the MMC equally as much. I hit the MP18 version really well and it never crossed my mind that they were lacking any forgiveness.

Also awaiting JMans thoughts here. I bought the 19 Apex Pros largely on his thoughts and have not been disappointed. Crushed my lowest 9 hole score and tied my lowest 18 twice with the Apex Pros. I'm Jones'in a little to get back to a Mizuno look/feel, but I won't jump ship easily. It is even more tempting though, now that Mizy has the $Tapers as an option.

I say the final question is this: Apex combos or HMBs - Gun to his head....he has to shoot the best round of his life to survive.....what irons does he game?
Hahahaha, I’m gonna sort that out this week! Stay tuned!

Come on Jman, there's a lot of people waiting for your comparison between the HMB and CF19's.

Recieved the 4-6 MMC today and put them on SkyTrak against my MP-18 MMC Fli-Hi's. Good enough that I'm putting them in the bag. Full on MP-20 MMC set now...man they look nice in the bag!

Kicked some a$$ at this location and returning several days early. Range or course, the recently delivered HMB will get a look see!

Man it sounds like these are really performing for you guys. Some of this talk about the MMC's has me wanting to get in a bay with those and the HMB's to compare. Outside of the HMB I haven't hit a Mizuno iron since the JPX900 Forged and wasn't overly impressed back then. It sounds like these may leave me with a better impression.

Had some more time to kill so I spent some time hitting all three irons side by side on a monitor at the local store. They performed about as expected for me with the MB launching lowest and the HMB launching higher and flying further. The MMC didnt really impress me, but I have a feeling it might have been the $-Taper shaft in it. I really liked the Modus 120 in the HMB so I'm hoping I'll eventually be able to test that shaft in all three heads. They blend together so well that I may even flirt with the idea of a blended set, something like HMB 3/4 to MMC 5/6 and MB 7/8/9.

The HMB's are fantastic - only been out once but been to the range a few times - better looking than my 900 Forged and easily as forgiving. I did hit mine side by side with the 919 Forged and got very similar results on the monitor, but on looks along had to go with the HMBs. I only go down to the 5 iron as of now, but man this thing is fun to hit. I've been playing my MP 53's since I ditched the 900 Forged and they actually look a little shorter heel to toe but are more forgiving in the long irons for sure. They feel better than my old 900 forged, but not quite as good as the 53's on a flushed shot. Side note, they look gorgeous in the bag. The weather is turning here but this may be the first time I buy a backup set....

What do you do after playing in the morning with your trusty MP-5's?

72b4e25dc81bf915c92b7d7c55c2f731.jpg

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

Reactions: J4U
All the while knocking Down flag Stick from 170 yards with the 6 iron
a9e5b700f56946aba36e35817b655591.jpg

Not post in the MP-5 thread? :ROFLMAO:

You get home and Find These!!!!

Head back to the course for another 18 Holes.

Who said Xmas is for Kids?

MIZUNO must have doubled the staffing to get these babies to my doorsteps in just under a Week.
ebbd7ca6678336093db695cb199259f7.jpg

Not post in the MP-5 thread?
I was just adding a little drama before the great reveal.

But if it's not on topic feel free.

Cheers.

Pictures of the MP-20'S are coming with the on course details Asap.

What do you do after playing in the morning with your trusty MP-5's?

72b4e25dc81bf915c92b7d7c55c2f731.jpg

It appears that you are knocking down flagsticks with an illegal number of clubs. o_O:ROFLMAO:

You get home and Find These!!!!

Head back to the course for another 18 Holes.

Who said Xmas is for Kids?

MIZUNO must have doubled the staffing to get these babies to my doorsteps in just under a Week.
ebbd7ca6678336093db695cb199259f7.jpg

Great, another let’s start Christmas in October message.;)

Back