Official Rant of the Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure how it works in Canada Dent. I have an MBA. When applying to graduate schools GPA is taken into account, along with whatever graduate test is required for whatever degree is required, e.g., for an MBA I had to take the GMAT. I also have 29 hours toward a PhD and had to take the GRE exam.

It works the same here, but if you don't want to go to grad school, the no harm.

Works pretty much the same Sean.

To get into Grad school for your Masters degree they look at GPA and other stuff. When I applied they looked at my GPA, what jobs I held, how many teacher recomendations I did, what classes I took (easy A classes got you booted from the list of possibles immediately), etc. There wasn't any test to write though.

When I go back for my MBA I won't have to do an acceptance test either as I will count as a mature student (seriously? I'm still in my 20's) and get in automatically nearly anywhere.

To get into Grad school for your Masters degree they look at GPA and other stuff. When I applied they looked at my GPA, what jobs I held, how many teacher recomendations I did, what classes I took (easy A classes got you booted from the list of possibles immediately), etc. There wasn't any test to write though.

When I go back for my MBA I won't have to do an acceptance test either as I will count as a mature student (seriously? I'm still in my 20's) and get in automatically nearly anywhere.

Jeez Tuna that sounds like a lot of work.

I went back in my late 20's ST and still had to take the GMAT, even though I had the work experience...and was still working, a high GPA, etc. Man, I hated those standardized tests. lol

I went back in my late 20's ST and still had to take the GMAT, even though I had the work experience...and was still working, a high GPA, etc. Man, I hated those standardized tests. lol

Once you have a degree and can prove 5 years or more of full time work experience most of the universites up here wave the GMAT. You sir, got boned.

And yes, standardized testing bites (excep the LSAT's. Those were actually fun)

So there's my rant of the day (because this is turning into the banter thread): Standardized test bites hardcore

Dent, getting your paperwork in order to apply for a masters program is a fair amount of time. If it's something someone is seriously thinking of doing right after their undergrad, prep work should begin on it at the end of 3rd year.

Dent, please remind me - if I have time tomorrow at work I would be more than happy to exchange a few PM's or posts on the forum so other people know about how to become CA here in Canada.
I am on the same path, and have done about a year's worth of research, and actually interviewed with KPMG last fall.

I will say this now though: On a scale of a 4.0GPA, the "cut off" for most CA firms is a 3.0 even though they say they don't have a "cut off"

When I'm at the gas station, and you are in front of me getting cheap bottled water, and a 25 cent pack of gum, it really pisses me of when you write a check. Then, you add insult to injury by updating your check book register, rather than getting the hell out of the way. Please stop.

Who pays with cheques these days!?
I don't even know of any place that accepts cheques.

I generally don't, but I see people paying with checks in stores a lot. Not so much at places to eat, but if you're shopping, they will probably take a check. The car dealer took a check for my down payment.

I generally don't, but I see people paying with checks in stores a lot. Not so much at places to eat, but if you're shopping, they will probably take a check. The car dealer took a check for my down payment.

I can see a car dealer since you're laying down an easy 4-5 digits, and no one carries that cash, but stores... not so much. I maybe just don't pay attention.

My wife prefers to write checks for groceries as opposed to using the debit card. Oh, and my church accepts checks for the tithes.

I can see a car dealer since you're laying down an easy 4-5 digits, and no one carries that cash, but stores... not so much. I maybe just don't pay attention.

No, it's more along the lines that it's not done in Canada anymore Ratfink. Too many retailers had probelms processing them so grocery stores and the like won't accept them anymore. Typically it's only big ticket places that do along with the medical industry now.

The guys in front of you hit 200 yard drives, have 250 yards to the green and wait for the green to clear to hit their second shots.

My lord, will I ever break 100 again? Not long ago I was about to break 85 and now I would just love to shoot in the 90's. I just can't figure out what is happening with my swing.

The guys in front of you hit 200 yard drives, have 250 yards to the green and wait for the green to clear to hit their second shots.

lol... happens all the time here

When we get 10 inches of snow, with about half an inch of ice on top of it, and my town leaves the roads unplowed for two days! Thank you, its not like i need to go to work or school or anything.

I thought I was done with the white stuff, no not blow but snow. Its winter again here and I dont like it. Snow up here in PA. This is a set back for Spring.

That sucks dude. We are in the middle of a cold snap, but it doesn't look like there is too much of a chance we will get snow.

I thought I was done with the white stuff, no not blow but snow. Its winter again here and I dont like it. Snow up here in PA. This is a set back for Spring.

sorry to hear that buddy, at least you still have your nose candy!

sorry to hear that buddy, at least you still have your nose candy!

Dustin and I know theres nothing like some good booger sugar.

Tapatalk: even for walkers

I've heard those ladies that love dollar bills are big fans as well. Could be a match made in heaven :angel:

Dustin and I know theres nothing like some good booger sugar.

Tapatalk: even for walkers

I've heard those ladies that love dollar bills are big fans as well. Could be a match made in heaven :angel:

yeah....OEM, Dustin Johnson, Strippers, and the white stuff. Thats an Epic night!

Sorry to hear it OEM, but glad you guys kept it up there, lol. It's back in our forcast here, but not looking like much.

its raining out so i guess today is video game day :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back