TaylorMade Tour Preferred MC Review Thread

Great review gus; I'm eager to try these clubs.

Tapping and talking since 2010.

Was just at golfsmith....they hit the floor on Friday the 25th!

Good luck man and I am glad that you are so excite about these! Let us know what you think and what setup you end up going with.

Hi folks,
Went with the CB's as they only had those with AW and I wanted one. I hit the MC's and it was a tough choice. I will be moving over to that thread to aid in some reviews. I wished I could have hit the MC's out on the range. However, what a great feel swing weight.
Cheers,
I would recommend the MC's to anyone. CB's just fit me a little more.

First of all the reviews have been great and I've been waiting to hit these and today I got the chance to hit these along with the CB's. They taped up a 7 iron in both sets, and I thought the MC's were very good. When struck solid they feel amazing and the ball flight looked great, not to mention how good looking they are. When I missed though, the punishment that I was expecting was not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. Overall I really liked them and would consider adding them to my bag, 8-AW if I could do a mixed set, with CB's 5-7.

i preorded mine early February. i didn't hit any of the 3. i picked the middle cause that's what i am 5-10 handicap. i didnt want mb cause to much off center an u lose a lot. so figured mc be best cause its also full forged, an cb is part cast so didnt want that. it was between mc an mb. an i picked mc. i belive i hit r9tp cause the spec where close to a mc. he is an offical carrier of taylormade titliest.

planning on hitting the range tomorrow after work. There is an outside chance that I could get on a course Sunday.

As eager as I am to get these I am going to wait on buying them til I hit the CB. I don't try to shape my shots a lot and the CB does have more forgiveness. But I may go with the MC because eventually I want to learn how to shape my shots more. The more I read the reviews though the more I want to just go ahead and order these MCs. I've never had a problem hitting my Nike VR forged split cavity.

As eager as I am to get these I am going to wait on buying them til I hit the CB. I don't try to shape my shots a lot and the CB does have more forgiveness. But I may go with the MC because eventually I want to learn how to shape my shots more. The more I read the reviews though the more I want to just go ahead and order these MCs. I've never had a problem hitting my Nike VR forged split cavity.

If you don't have a problem with the VR split cavity I would think these would work for you and give you a similar ball flight. Would you consider mixing the CBs and MCs?

I think if you're gonna invest in some new TP irons you should at least try to demo both sets and see what kind of #'s you get with them. It might be that it's best to have a mixed set or it might be that you need the MC's but at least you'll have that peace of mind that what you invest in is absolutely the best thing for you.

I think if you're gonna invest in some new TP irons you should at least try to demo both sets and see what kind of #'s you get with them. It might be that it's best to have a mixed set or it might be that you need the MC's but at least you'll have that peace of mind that what you invest in is absolutely the best thing for you.

I think a mixed set between the CBs and MCs would be sweet. I would want the same shaft in all though, so I would go DG S300's in all of them. If I was building a set of these for me, I'd go 5-6 CBs and 7-pw MCs.

I think a mixed set between the CBs and MCs would be sweet. I would want the same shaft in all though, so I would go DG S300's in all of them. If I was building a set of these for me, I'd go 5-6 CBs and 7-pw MCs.

Have you hit/swung the XP's?

Have you hit/swung the XP's?

yes, I hit Hanks's CBs with the XP shafts side by side with the MCs on the range. I thought they had a very nice feel to them. The CBs with the XP shaft definitely have a higher trajectory than the MCs.

yes, I hit Hanks's CBs with the XP shafts side by side with the MCs on the range. I thought they had a very nice feel to them. The CBs with the XP shaft definitely have a higher trajectory than the MCs.

I hear ya, but man, for some dumb reason I'm digging lighter weight shafts. However, it's become clear that most light weight shafts just spin way too much for me.

I hear ya, but man, for some dumb reason I'm digging lighter weight shafts. However, it's become clear that most light weight shafts just spin way too much for me.

yeah the lightweight shaft didn't bother me. I thought it felt really nice. I was just saying if I was going to do a mixed set, I would want the same shaft in all irons.

yeah the lightweight shaft didn't bother me. I thought it felt really nice. I was just saying if I was going to do a mixed set, I would want the same shaft in all irons.

Right, but you want the 300's, not the XP's, and I was wondering why.

MC's, MB's and CB's are OFFICIALLY out today!!!!! Yes!

It is a very exciting day! I can't wait for more people to start getting these and posting up about them.

It is a very exciting day! I can't wait for more people to start getting these and posting up about them.

No kidding- I am looking forward to getting a lot of other peoples perspective and thoughts. It will open up a lot more of an experience for the "Can you compare these to club XYZ"

KCRulzz.

Believe me when I say that I know the feeling of waiting for these irons to arrive. Just keep your head up and you will be in forged bliss before you know it!

Hey kirtcobainrulz, when you say fast swing speed, what is your ss? I wold love to compare your ss to mine and the differences in your iron shafts and mine. I have a 6 iron swing speed of 92 mph and was fitted by the mizuno shaft fitting system to an S300 shaft. TC had a SS of 88-90 was was fitted to a X flex shaft. I am very interested to hear your numbers. (They said my tempo or something was a little slower so I didn't need the extra strength in my shaft).

im not really sure of my numbers. ill have to hit again on mats sum time but i can give u sum club lengths i hit. pw like 145. 5 iron 215-220 3 iron 250 those high end numbers. cause iv hit a 3 wood 260 from light ruff.

Back