What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I went to play again yesterday. It was freezing cold. High of 34 with 10 mph wind from the Northwest. So, I grabbed a cart cover threw on some long johns and went and played. I have to say, although it was chilly, I hit the ball pretty good for the 2nd round of the year. I shot an 85 including 2 balls lost in the water. So, I have to say it was a good day.

wow some cold rounds yesterday! We had a cold snap in the middle of our round but all in all I'd say the average temp was about 50 with some gusts up to about 30mph! I played in shorts too, gotta love Colorado!

I shot an 87. I actually had my first eagle of the year on a par 5. But other than that eagle, I didn't have a single birdie though I had a look at another eagle on a par 4 green I hit, and I ended up 3 putting! Ugh. League play starts this Thursday night though... should be a great time as it'll be my first outside of my work league!

the second time out for the year last week, it was 55 deg. shot a 42 on 9 with 4 three putts WTF. new for this year im using Golf shot GPS for Android its great it keeps your stats and everything. even know i putted bad, i have been doing the hinge and hold style chipping and its been a big help from 50yds and in its been great. im really happy with the ball striking for early in the year. :bananadance:

55* man when did it get that high? The high in Dayton was 40. I wish I could have played today damn work wanting me to work.

55* man when did it get that high? The high in Dayton was 40. I wish I could have played today damn work wanting me to work.

oh this was last week when it was 55 lol just the last time i played. it was like a high of 35 today idk when i can play again, i hope soon.

sunny day, no wind, but chilly. couldnt have got above 45.

Out in 45, back in 44 for an 89.

Lots of things to work on though. No blowup holes today which was good, only one 7, doubled 11, a par 5.
6 pars, 7 bogeys, 5 double bogeys.

lots of putts today - 3 three putts on the front, none on the back. no idea where these are coming from. 36 putts today. have to get those down.

think i dialed the driver in today at golftec. Didnt have a lesson (instructor was sick) so i spen the time hitting the R11, superfast2.0, and my supertri. Set my super tri to NL, 10g weight in center. Was hitting it straight but not too far. Avg drive was around 235. no roll though.

Hit 9/14 fairways - 64% really good day off the tee- if i could get those approaches straighter i think id be on the way to really low scores.

Yesterday I played in my first solo tournament at a course I've never played and shot 98 and couldn't have played worse. Hit well on the range before hand, started on a par 3 - GIR, two putt par, next hole bogey on a par 5 that was a matter of not knowing the hole - my shots were fine. Blew up from there with an 8 on the par 4 1st hole without even losing a ball - no water, but wound up in TWO greenside bunkers... yeah, that kind of day. Hit 85% fairways and less than 25% greens - approach shots would land a yard or two off target on a mound and bounce away down a slope or kick sideways, putts burned the edges all day... horrible, absolutely horrible...

Course was nice though, and it beat being at work! :)

I was gonna say...I was up in Canton this past weekend and it was COLD

Yesterday I played in my first solo tournament at a course I've never played and shot 98 and couldn't have played worse. Hit well on the range before hand, started on a par 3 - GIR, two putt par, next hole bogey on a par 5 that was a matter of not knowing the hole - my shots were fine. Blew up from there with an 8 on the par 4 1st hole without even losing a ball - no water, but wound up in TWO greenside bunkers... yeah, that kind of day. Hit 85% fairways and less than 25% greens - approach shots would land a yard or two off target on a mound and bounce away down a slope or kick sideways, putts burned the edges all day... horrible, absolutely horrible...

Course was nice though, and it beat being at work! :)

thats how I look at it, no matter how bad I play, its always better than being at work!

Im going to try and squeeze 9 in thursday, that is 1 day after we are supposed to get some snow flurries LOL

Played at Riverlakes yesterday shot 77 38/39. Had a good round. It was a little windy but not bad. this course is a lot shorter then our home course so I was able to hit more short irons.
View attachment 2233[FONT=&quot]][/FONT]

Played at Riverlakes yesterday shot 77 38/39. Had a good round. It was a little windy but not bad. this course is a lot shorter then our home course so I was able to hit more short irons.
View attachment 2233[FONT=&quot]][/FONT]

Nice round dude. What did you use for that score card that you attached?

Nice round dude. What did you use for that score card that you attached?

Thats the GolfLogix I phone App. After every round it emails me all the stats and score card. I get it even before I leave the parking lot. Its nice.

Shot an 83 today, made some really dumb mistakes. But, I can see that as my season moves forward so am I

Cant ask for any more than that J!

true that buddy...just dumb mistakes though. like on 18, I was in the right rough after my second...duffed my ship and walked away with a bogey. should have been a par. Uggh!

Shot an 83 today, made some really dumb mistakes. But, I can see that as my season moves forward so am I

You played much better than you scored dude. Keep it up. We're motivating each other wonderfully. I simply can't lose to you for 5 months or I'll never hear the end of it. You started out your back 9 in awesome fashion little bro.

I was happy with a 75 today but it could've been much better. We ran into the slowest group ever on #12 and all momentum was gone after that.

I had one of those days where if I hit the fairway, I missed the green, and if I missed the fairway, I hit the green. Short game was good today considering how gnarly the rough was.

Keep it up little bro, you're striking it well right now.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

You played much better than you scored dude. Keep it up. We're motivating each other wonderfully. I simply can't lose to you for 5 months or I'll never hear the end of it. You started out your back 9 in awesome fashion little bro.

I was happy with a 75 today but it could've been much better. We ran into the slowest group ever on #12 and all momentum was gone after that.

I had one of those days where if I hit the fairway, I missed the green, and if I missed the fairway, I hit the green. Short game was good today considering how gnarly the rough was.
Keep it up little bro, you're striking it well right now.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

haha, I think once you realized it then it just stuck in your brain!

Thanks buddy...you really are striking it well...its fun to watch

worst round in a long time
it would be a great score if i was bowling
lost a ton of balls
this frikken weather is killing my game and the rest of the forecast for this week sucks
im the type of player that has to constantly play to be any good and any type of gap sets me back to square one
guess ill have to keep my swing fresh by practicing in my house since its gonna be horrendous outside the next week or so

First tournament of my weekly league today. Shot an 80 with 8 bogeys and 10 pars. Missed 4 putts that were 4' or less and straight. Greens are still jacked from being aerated and balls were hopping on most putts. I am definitely ready for the weather to warm up so the greens will start growing.

First tournament of my weekly league today. Shot an 80 with 8 bogeys and 10 pars. Missed 4 putts that were 4' or less and straight. Greens are still jacked from being aerated and balls were hopping on most putts. I am definitely ready for the weather to warm up so the greens will start growing.

Solid round with punched and sanded greens brother. Means you were hitting the ball well. Good stuff.

Nice round DD, game seems like it is in good shape. Punched and sanded greens are the worst, can't really count putts when there like that.

Only got out for 9 today but shot a solid 38 on some greens that looked like farm pastures.

Solid round with punched and sanded greens brother. Means you were hitting the ball well. Good stuff.

Nice round DD, game seems like it is in good shape. Punched and sanded greens are the worst, can't really count putts when there like that.

Thanks guys. I had a couple errant shots with the driver, but overall my ball striking was solid.

Had another high school match yesterday and shot a 40. Had one birdie and lots of bogeys. I hopped on the bogey train and just couldn't get off. I had a fairly short birdie putt on 9 to shoot 39 and lipped out. It just wasn't my day :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back