Raylan's coming back

I watched about 6-8 episodes last season and as much as I like Olyphant I just could not get into this. The writing seemed really uneven to me and the characters seemed more like caricatures

My usual wednesday post here. Everybody ready for a little Raylan Givens tonight?

I have to DVR it because i have to be up too early. Will be watching it tomorrow though, this season has been awesome so far. But last week he should have beat that big dudes arse, hell he was only using one hand.

Raylan is a US Marshall in the show JUSTIFIED on FX. It's a good show, one of my fav's. Raylan is a modern day gun slinger, who gets the bad guys and the girls. Plus he talks cool and wears a cowboy hat.

A cowboy hat? I'm in

I have to DVR it because i have to be up too early. Will be watching it tomorrow though, this season has been awesome so far. But last week he should have beat that big dudes arse, hell he was only using one hand.

Dude, I couldnt believe it actually showed getting the crap beat out of him. I thought for sure he was about to pull out the .40 and bust a cap in that guy. it was funny when she beat her son (the big dude) with that shovel to get him to stop though.

Ohhhhhhhhh yeah. Like, Kool-Aid ohhhhhhhhhh yeah. Tonight's is gonna rock!
My usual wednesday post here. Everybody ready for a little Raylan Givens tonight?

Picked up on this show about half way through the first season.

Each show ends with me wanting more. Such an addictive series. It always has you wondering what happens next.

The last episode was good one. Poor Coover. His mama didn't love him.

On another note, I love the women in this show. Winona is so smoking hot, Eva really makes me wonder what a hillbilly girls is like, and the mining company babe? Good stuff. I'm almost surprised Raylan resisted, especially since he's been hitting the sauce pretty good in these last two episodes.

And Boyd Crowder may be the best bad, or is he a good, guy ever on TV. I love how he set himself up to make a killing.

Kevin

I have said it since the middle of last season. Boyd is an amazing character.

On another note, I love the women in this show. Winona is so smoking hot, Eva really makes me wonder what a hillbilly girls is like, and the mining company babe? Good stuff. I'm almost surprised Raylan resisted, especially since he's been hitting the sauce pretty good in these last two episodes.

And Boyd Crowder may be the best bad, or is he a good, guy ever on TV. I love how he set himself up to make a killing.

Kevin

Kevin

Im really surprised he risited to, Esox. She is smokin hot. I hope we get to see her and Winona get in a cat fight if you know what I mean haha

Had no idea this thread existed. I love this show.

Discovered this show by this thread and I am hooked.....

So last night watching this I had a random epiphany when Raylan was throwing Dickie around that Dickie is the same guy in Saving Private Ryan. I confirmed it on IMDB.

FUBAR.

Kevin

Well said Kevin. The mining lady threw herself or "offered" herself a couple times too and he still never dipped in. Interesting. I was glad to see him finally give Cougar? Cooter? whatever that big dumb guys name was what he had coming to him. Mama didnt love him. Things are really going to heat up now.

Kevin

I agree with all of this. The ex wife is smokin'. I was in the middle of a couple things when I watched this week's episode, but when he was back in the hotel room with the coal company hottie, did he leave the ex a voicemail? Something like "...call me back, I am feeling like a stalker...." implying that the ex isn't returning his calls? Trying to figure out if that was setting up some drama with her and Raylan. Or, maybe I am just too concerned about the fact that the super hottie ex may not be on the show as much in the future. lol

Loved this show from the very first episode. You've got Timothy Oliphant who I thought was outstanding in Deadwood. Boyd, the same actor that played Shane on The Shield (best cop show ever) and Dickie who is the actor that was also Daniel on Lost. All 3 have been in several movies as well.
I knew as soon as I saw Elmore Leonard had a hand in it that the dialogue and characters would be great. One of the best new series out there.
And if you'd like to see the actress that played Carol Johnson, the coal company rep, in a more "adult" role, check out the show Hung on either HBO or Showtime (I forget which one).

If you want to see a weird movie with Jeremy Davies, the actor that plays Dickie, check out a 1994 film called Spanking the Monkey. LOL.

I've always considered Elmore Leonard as a top of the second tier of hard boiled crime writers writer. Probably because he writes mostly cop and marshal novels and I'm parcel to gumshoes. That being said, his work translates well to films, and maybe better to TV.

There was what I thought was an excellent TV series starring Carla Gugino as a Miami U.S. Marshal called Karen Sisco. Didn't last long unfortunately. Might be available on disc or Netflix. Great dialog, good story lines, Carla Gugino, and as an added bonus, Robert Forster plays Sisco's father. And did I mention it starred Carla Gugino? There is never enough Carla Gugino.

Jennifer Lopez played the Sisco character in Out of Site, which is a pretty good movie.

Kevin

03132_carlaKarenSisco1.jpg

If you'd like to see "more" of Carla Gugino, check out Californication on Showtime. She plays Duchovny's lawyer this season and of course he gets her between the sheets.
Another great show that the wife and I like.

LOL, laugh it up. I love Glee. Beibs, not so much.
Shouldn't you be watching glee and listen to beweiber right now? This is a man show, not a fruity one. haha

Boyd is a bad@ss. He is one of those smart guys that will kick your arse, take your money, sleep with your girl, go to church on Sunday, and then do it all over again.

I am about to watch it. But yes, Boyd is my kinda guy. SO polite though...
Boyd is a bad@ss. He is one of those smart guys that will kick your arse, take your money, sleep with your girl, go to church on Sunday, and then do it all over again.

5 minutes in and Art has already laid Raylan on his psychological @$$. I love this show.

Back