Raylan's coming back

Esox

Reaction score
Handicap
I just saw a commercial on FX Network. Justified and Raylan Givens are coming back next Wednesday. Sweet! I think this is the best show on TV.

Kevin

I just saw a commercial on FX Network. Justified and Raylan Givens are coming back next Wednesday. Sweet! I think this is the best show on TV.

Kevin

I saw that too. Looking forward to it.

What's this show about and who else is in it? Never heard of it.

I have no clue who Raylan Givens is nor have I heard of Justified on GX, like Smalls I would like to know what's it about.

Raylan is a US Marshall in the show JUSTIFIED on FX. It's a good show, one of my fav's. Raylan is a modern day gun slinger, who gets the bad guys and the girls. Plus he talks cool and wears a cowboy hat.

Raylan is a US Marshall in the show JUSTIFIED on FX. It's a good show, one of my fav's. Raylan is a modern day gun slinger, who gets the bad guys and the girls. Plus he talks cool and wears a cowboy hat.

I bet he's real tall and say's "dude" a lot, in a southern draw! :D

Words cannot describe how much I LOVE this show.

That would lock it down for me, I'm definately into the southern drawl when speaking.:D

That would lock it down for me, I'm definately into the southern drawl when speaking.:D

LOL, I'm just trying to pull TC's chain. Sounds like a neat show though.

Awesome I love Timothy Olyphant he plays this part perfect!

Edit: For those of you who don't know its based on the writings of Elmore Leonard, an amazing author.

Love this show and so does the wife (though that's got something to do with her crush on Timothy Olyphant). That said, it doesn't hold a candle to his HBO series a few years ago - DEADWOOD.

That was some amazing television and one of the dumbest jobs of network management in history to lose the actors after the 3rd season of a hit.

Thanks for the reminder. I saw the previews a couple of weeks aha and had forgot about this show. Looks like something clam would like.

Love this show and so does the wife (though that's got something to do with her crush on Timothy Olyphant). That said, it doesn't hold a candle to his HBO series a few years ago - DEADWOOD.

That was some amazing television and one of the dumbest jobs of network management in history to lose the actors after the 3rd season of a hit.

Disagree here, while its definately not as good its like comparing apples to oranges. I would say "doesn't even hold a candle to" is a bit of a stretch. Plus as I said...its not even on the planet of the same type of show.

Disagree here, while its definately not as good its like comparing apples to oranges. I would say "doesn't even hold a candle to" is a bit of a stretch. Plus as I said...its not even on the planet of the same type of show.

Fair enough. I will just never get over HBO's ignorance with the handling of that series and its prematurely leaving the air.

As for Justified, it's good, but not terribly believable in that most cops/marshalls/etc. never shoot anyone in their entire careers, let alone shooting 1 or 2 guys a week. Outside of that I love it and it's fun that he's playing a similar character as from Deadwood - permanently pissed off cowboy :D

I bet he thinks the same thing duey, lol. I look mean in a cowboy hat.

Fair enough. I will just never get over HBO's ignorance with the handling of that series and its prematurely leaving the air.

As for Justified, it's good, but not terribly believable in that most cops/marshalls/etc. never shoot anyone in their entire careers, let alone shooting 1 or 2 guys a week. Outside of that I love it and it's fun that he's playing a similar character as from Deadwood - permanently pissed off cowboy :D

Yah you gotta remember too, as shows get more popular these actors ask for some ridiculous salary increases. They paid Gandolfini some ridiculous amount the last two seasons of Sopranos otherwise he was gonna walk. The second to last season never should have existed anyways.

AS I said it's based on the Elmore Leonard character so I don't believe its meant to be realistic =)

I enjoyed the first season and will watch this one too.

Tapatalk: not just for staffers.

Deadwood was really good, but this one stands on its own, especially considering it's hampered by being on regular cable. The dialog absolutely crackles. And Raylan only shoots somebody every two or three weeks, and only the guys dumb enough to draw down on him.

Aggro, my man, if you like this, you have to start looking into the Black Lizard novels I mentioned in the film buff thread. Elmore Leonard is good, but he's down the list a bit when it comes to hard boiled writing.

Kevin

Just getting caught up with Raylan on the DVR machine. Dave Alvin playing in the third episode? It doesn't get any cooler than that.

If you're not watching Raylan, you're missing out.

Kevin

Woah, didn't know this thread existed until now. It's an awesome show! Watched every episode so far, I think it's one of the best shows out. Ranks right up there with blue mountain state and The league, IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a huge Timothy Olyphant fan - and this show is dvr'd every Wednesday!

Tap before talk.

You ready Esox?! Last weeks was good, looking forward to the robbery part this week.

I am counting down too. I think Mags is a GREAT idea for a character. Much better than Papa Crowder (forgot his name)

Everyone ready for some Raylan Givens tonight?

Oh yeah. I liked the break from the norm they did last week, but I wanna see me some criminal shootin.

Back