Srixon Z-Star Driver

What did you finally settle on as far as weights and setup?

I have it in Neutral with the 7g in the heel and 11g in the back.

so have you hooked it or not lol

Haha. Yeah, I can see where that would be confusing. No, the one I hit off the heel wasn't a "hook" from being handsy, it was a low, slight hook from hitting it so far off the heel. It only went about 200 yards and was about 10 yards left of my intended target in the rought just off the fairway and a foot from going into a bunker. It wasn't a well struck ball that turned left hard. Hope that clears things up. :)

Had my first go-around with the Z-Star. But played on a par 3 12 hole course. So I only got a chance to hit it twice. Once on #5 which was playing 226 from the back. I lined up to the right of the flag and tried to ride the wind (right to left about 10-15). I actually drove the green and it ended up the rough on the back side left of the flag! It would of gone further but the high bank on the left held it up!

#5 pic 29444
The driver felt very smooth and I like the unassuming sound it makes. No loud clanks or tinks! I felt very comfortable with the club at address and it allowed a very smooth takeaway and swing. No practice balls and yet nice right out of the box!
#12 pic 29453
I had almost a identical result from the #12 green which was playing approx 190. I hit the driver (usually hit a 4-wood, but I had a need to hit this baby again).

The t-ball ended up in the back left again!

Right now I have the weights at 3g back and 7g on the heel-Neutral shaft. Both drives I hit were Center and towards the heel of the face, so I have some work to do on the setup.

I think I've found my kindred spirit driver for my bag!

Last edited:
I have it in Neutral with the 7g in the heel and 11g in the back.

Haha. Yeah, I can see where that would be confusing. No, the one I hit off the heel wasn't a "hook" from being handsy, it was a low, slight hook from hitting it so far off the heel. It only went about 200 yards and was about 10 yards left of my intended target in the rought just off the fairway and a foot from going into a bunker. It wasn't a well struck ball that turned left hard. Hope that clears things up. :)

lol gotcha, it confused me a bit

Z-Star Quick Tune System

Z-Star Quick Tune System

in case anyone needs/wants this, Here is the STAR fitting system booklet in pdf form. Easier to read than that small booklet that comes with the driver
http://www.srixon.com/pdf/quicktune_system.pdf

Last edited:
FYI: As of last night the fitting app is now available on iTunes for download for iPhone and iPad. Slick system. I will try it out on course on Monday at before a tournament.

FYI: As of last night the fitting app is now available on iTunes for download for iPhone and iPad. Slick system. I will try it out on course on Monday at before a tournament.

I saw this on Facebook. It even will help you adjust the driver for the weather conditions at your course. Slick indeed.

I think its pretty crappy they dont have it for the Droid phones IMO, maybe i missed it if they said its coming to the droid market but i cant find it

10yard, I feel the same way. I have a droidx and a first gen iPod Touch so I can't update to the required ios 3.2 in my Touch so no app for me either!
I would hope they would port it the Android system at some point!

I guess I'll have to load the app on my iPad so JB can adjust his z-star driver :alien:

SKIM ALERT

I am really looking forward to trying this driver at the outing- but I was curious as to the spin characteristics. I have WAY to much spin on my supertri and was wondering if, based on that, this club might be a good (or bad) choice.

I guess I'll have to load the app on my iPad so JB can adjust his z-star driver :alien:

hahaha, I just read this and it cracked me up! Although I don't think AT&T has coverage in West Palm Beach :alien:

SKIM ALERT

I am really looking forward to trying this driver at the outing- but I was curious as to the spin characteristics. I have WAY to much spin on my supertri and was wondering if, based on that, this club might be a good (or bad) choice.

You will not have any issues Gus. We will take a look at it at the outing for you.

You will not have any issues Gus. We will take a look at it at the outing for you.

I am also working to bring down spin by correcting some swing flaws. It's been since the last outing that I have seen spin numbers off the tee and I am sure that has all changed by now too.

Played a round yesterday in a tournament but on a short course so I only hit driver about 6 times. Started early with a lot of dew so early drives weren't getting much roll. Only missed two fairways with the driver when I hit it, and one of those two was just off the fairway with a good line so no foul, the other kicked off a mound into a bunch of trees that required a couple of punches to get out of...

Best shot of the day, however, was when I crushed it on the 10th tee - perfectly on the sweet spot, perfect swing, perfect launch, etc. I average around 230-235 with most tee shots. If I get 240-245 it is a good drive for me. So when I say that this one made it 257 yards you can see it was a very good result (and dead straight down the middle where I was aimed). I just need to figure out how to do that every time. :)

Played a round yesterday in a tournament but on a short course so I only hit driver about 6 times. Started early with a lot of dew so early drives weren't getting much roll. Only missed two fairways with the driver when I hit it, and one of those two was just off the fairway with a good line so no foul, the other kicked off a mound into a bunch of trees that required a couple of punches to get out of...

Best shot of the day, however, was when I crushed it on the 10th tee - perfectly on the sweet spot, perfect swing, perfect launch, etc. I average around 230-235 with most tee shots. If I get 240-245 it is a good drive for me. So when I say that this one made it 257 yards you can see it was a very good result (and dead straight down the middle where I was aimed). I just need to figure out how to do that every time. :)

Nice Penglynns : )
anytime I actually hit one on the screws I wish someone had filmed it so I can see what I accidentally did right!

I got to hit this and the 3 wood over the weekend. I liked the driver a lot, but I absolutely loved the 3 wood!

as soon as my R11 sales i will be ordering one of these from Blind9. I think its exactly what im looking for

Have you tried it out?

thats a big negative lol, there is no place around thats close that has any, plus i would like to get fit but dont have that much money for a driver and fitting plus driving hours to a place.

I understand that it can be tough here in middle of the country, but you are risking just throwing money away by buying a driver you haven't at least tried. That said, it's your cash-ola and I'm not judging. I saw JB killing this thing over the weekend and the adjustment tools are awesome.

I understand that it can be tough here in middle of the country, but you are risking just throwing money away by buying a driver you haven't at least tried. That said, it's your cash-ola and I'm not judging. I saw JB killing this thing over the weekend and the adjustment tools are awesome.

i know, i really wish there was some place close that had these in stock but there isnt. Gotta take a chance sometimes lol, the adjustments look great, i love how quick the weights are to change.

Well just ordered the Zstar 9* Stiff 61gram. Cant wait to get it, hopefully have it friday as i did 2 day air UPS. Anybody know if there is anyother way to view the WeatherFit app, i dont have any Apple products.

Well just ordered the Zstar 9* Stiff 61gram. Cant wait to get it, hopefully have it friday as i did 2 day air UPS. Anybody know if there is anyother way to view the WeatherFit app, i dont have any Apple products.

Congrats on your purchase! I think you will really love this driver and you will be stunned by the looks of the shaft. Do you have Skype? I have the Weather Fit app and I can input your data via skype if you would like.

Congrats on your purchase! I think you will really love this driver and you will be stunned by the looks of the shaft. Do you have Skype? I have the Weather Fit app and I can input your data via skype if you would like.

Im 5'9 and 170. Sexy green eyes. Is that the data you meant? :alien:

Back