The Official Banter Away Thread

Have you seen the new release pencils? Could lower your score by at least two stokes. I suggest going in for a pencil fitting before your next scramble.

No sh!t. There were 4 63s ( our score ), a 62, and a m'f 54. For a charity fun tournament. :banghead:

No sh!t. There were 4 63s ( our score ), a 62, and a m'f 54. For a charity fun tournament. :banghead:
Next time don't be so cheap and pay the $20 for the air cannon on the short par 4.

Played my first scramble tourney of the year yesterday. Shot 9 under and lost by 9 strokes. Good times. :D
Best scramble team makeup:
1. Lady golfer who can hit from red tees
2. Bomber from the tee box
3. Putter who makes everything from 12 feet
4. Lowest handicapper you can find after that!

But, depending on the course, net birdie every hole (-18) isn't that uncommon in a 4 person scramble.

The latest California fire, the river fire is a little close for comfort. About 10 miles from our house. A little closer to one of my friends house though
View attachment 8958468
Didn’t even know about it until I researched last night due to the ash falling at my house.

Best scramble team makeup:
1. Lady golfer who can hit from red tees
2. Bomber from the tee box
3. Putter who makes everything from 12 feet
4. Lowest handicapper you can find after that!

But, depending on the course, net birdie every hole (-18) isn't that uncommon in a 4 person scramble.
Now it makes sense to me why I have never won a scramble. My team is usually:

1. Bob from accounting, first time golfer wearing sneakers.
2. Drunky McDaydrinker, who is happy to start his weekend on a Friday afternoon.
3. Johnny Newclubs, who is a 20 HC but "plays more to a 12" because he just got a lesson last week (me).
4. Stewart the Stick, who is the friend of a friend and a single digit HC, but hurts his back after the 5th hole from carrying the team.

Played my first scramble tourney of the year yesterday. Shot 9 under and lost by 9 strokes. Good times. :D

If you lost by nine strokes, you probably failed to write the right score down on 9 holes. My experience with charity scrambles is that scoring is usually very suspect. The way I look at it is that I'm there to support the charity and to play golf with three people that I enjoy playing golf with.

That said. 9 under was probably a good legitimate score for the round.

2. Drunky McDaydrinker, who is happy to start his weekend on a Friday afternoon.
3. Johnny Newclubs, who is a 20 HC but "plays more to a 12" because he just got a lesson last week (me).
4. Stewart the Stick, who is the friend of a friend and a single digit HC, but hurts his back after the 5th hole from carrying the team.
That's not doing it wrong, you're still playing the game and having fun. But yea, you will never hear your name called from the tournament director on the microphone unless they acknowledge teams that are DFL. :ROFLMAO:

You forgot Richard ' Wink Wink' Winkleman, Mr. "That was a eagle on that par 5 right?" Wink wink. ;);)

I probably type and then delete (before posting) no less than 5 bad jokes or puns a day here in THP. I don’t know if I should say “sorry” or “you’re welcome.”

I probably type and then delete (before posting) no less than 5 bad jokes or puns a day here in THP. I don’t know if I should say “sorry” or “you’re welcome.”
You my friend are much wiser than I.

Lot of self discipline there.

I feel accomplished. New laptop set up for my oldest, floating desk assembled and mounted for her. She’s all set to start school tomorrow.

Youngest has her set up and room arranged as well.

bought my wife a spa day for the hectic spring/summer she has dealt with.

3 fires nearby now. I probably shouldn’t have rode in this morning as the bike gets parked uncovered.
08999F9E-2E49-4187-BA00-39016B40EFAF.jpeg
F122DD61-105D-407D-8325-85108C9176BA.jpeg

Dave Chapelle ain't buyin' it, and neither am I.

"Men shouldn't have more than one drink", written by: some lady.

some lady.gif

We went live with a new ERP. I am working through with IT, our consultants and my team. We are consolidating our financials for the first time. My wife has been listening to us discuss translation, te measurement and consolidation of our general ledger. She just stated “I still have no f**cking clue what you do”.

Neither do I a bunch of the time.

I love when THP Fantasy Football signups return.

We went live with a new ERP. I am working through with IT, our consultants and my team. We are consolidating our financials for the first time. My wife has been listening to us discuss translation, te measurement and consolidation of our general ledger. She just stated “I still have no f**cking clue what you do”.

Neither do I a bunch of the time.
We just sent guidance to an agency to correct one of their EFF ups. My boss and I both struggled over the thing for days trying to figure out how they even made such a mess, let alone how to fix it.

Employee was overpaid 6/5. Rather than deducting the overpayment on the next payroll, they set up a one time payment for 8 hours at the overpaid amount. Saw two payments for 6/19 and canceled the correct payment for the pay period and let the incorrect payment go through, which essentially underpaid the employee and didn't deduct their insurance premiums. So now we have to treat the incorrect payment as an overpayment, create a new payment and recover both the incorrect payment and the original overpayment leaving the amount that the employee was shorted from their normal pay after receiving the incorrect payment without having them come out of pocket to repay the incorrect payment. My wife closed the office doors for me when we were discussing it so she wouldn't have to listen.

We just sent guidance to an agency to correct one of their EFF ups. My boss and I both struggled over the thing for days trying to figure out how they even made such a mess, let alone how to fix it.

Employee was overpaid 6/5. Rather than deducting the overpayment on the next payroll, they set up a one time payment for 8 hours at the overpaid amount. Saw two payments for 6/19 and canceled the correct payment for the pay period and let the incorrect payment go through, which essentially underpaid the employee and didn't deduct their insurance premiums. So now we have to treat the incorrect payment as an overpayment, create a new payment and recover both the incorrect payment and the original overpayment leaving the amount that the employee was shorted from their normal pay after receiving the incorrect payment without having them come out of pocket to repay the incorrect payment. My wife closed the office doors for me when we were discussing it so she wouldn't have to listen.
When people ask what I do and I say accountant I don't even bother explaining what I do when they say oh, you must be busy with taxes. I just nod and say yes.

When people ask what I do and I say accountant I don't even bother explaining what I do when they say oh, you must be busy with taxes. I just nod and say yes.
I feel your pain! As a Financial Analyst with an Accounting degree, I can’t win. To my wife’s medicine coworkers I’m either a personal financial advisor or a tax accountant. Oh well, at least I can bore them with my made up medical conditions!

The first day of the kids back at school in person is in the books. By all indications, it went as good or even better than everyone had hoped. I really am Amazed how well the administration and teachers worked to get us back in person instead of just going to distance learning immediately like so many other schools around us.

Haha. That’s my wife. She was a senior manager for KPMG and despite how many times we explained to family what she did, it was always “I bet Anne is busy with the tax season right now.” She is now the VP of Corporate Finance at a $2 billion Multinational company so she doesn’t get the accountant tax Response anymore.

Back