Rahm to Callaway?

I'm not looking for these guys to be robots, to be clear.. Then you'd just have a bunch of DJs out there and everyone would be sad haha

But there's a difference between rage/tantrum and frustration/sarcasm... or my personal favorite, bewilderment.

Thoughts on Tyrell?

Thoughts on Tyrell?

that's funny as hell, although I'm not saying "keep doing it"

...and for follow up clarity, I don't hate a guy just because he slams a club once or gets mad once every never. We're all human and have our moments.

I don't understand the hate for Rahm. I'd say his outburts have been pretty tame compared to some other very well-liked golfers. Tiger has pitched a driver into the crowd, Rory snapped an iron in two, Charley Hoffman threw his putter in a lake, and on and on. Rahm is one of the best young players in the world and I'm sure any major brand would sign him in a heartbeat, given the opportunity.

Not a fan of the move, but Callaway knows what they are doing more than I would have so I will give it time to see how everything turns out.

Appears Mike has helped my case w/ the evidence I was speaking of. My word is hopefully restored now. Thank you though for the support in this case.
I didn't question whether it happened, I absolutely believed you. I questioned WHEN it happened so I could have some context, as it obviously had a lasting impression on you.

How you feel about golfers is of course your right, I just love a good comparison debate.

that's funny as hell, although I'm not saying "keep doing it"

...and for follow up clarity, I don't hate a guy just because he slams a club once or gets mad once every never. We're all human and have our moments.
I concur, I think Tyrell is hilarious.

I don't understand the hate for Rahm. I'd say his outburts have been pretty tame compared to some other very well-liked golfers. Tiger has pitched a driver into the crowd, Rory snapped an iron in two, Charley Hoffman threw his putter in a lake, and on and on. Rahm is one of the best young players in the world and I'm sure any major brand would sign him in a heartbeat, given the opportunity.
You know what helped me was watching those TM videos on YouTube where they are hitting the new equipment and watching him interact w/ the other pros. Thought he was great and real. Little more of a look into his personality.

Hatton: "Have you seen a worse golf shot?"
Caddie: <<mumbles>>
Hatton: "No. Answer the question."
Caddie: "No."
Hatton: "That's terrible."

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
My favorite was, “you were expecting that? “

If you’re gonna throw/toss/drop the club, at least have the decency to pretend to follow through.

lol wait, that's it? That's what puts JT in the same boat as Rahm? An unintentional 2mph driver three years ago?

that’s enough imo. Same with Bryson bereating an official or getting onto a cameraman because he’s protecting his brand.

My point is I’ve been critical of Rahm for his antics in the past, but he’s not on an island by himself when it comes to his temper. Being a top 5 golfer in the world gets you more exposure, good and bad.

I think I heard he skipped a ball across a pond for a hole in one.. on his birthday..

that’s enough imo. Same with Bryson bereating an official or getting onto a cameraman because he’s protecting his brand.

My point is I’ve been critical of Rahm for his antics in the past, but he’s not on an island by himself when it comes to his temper. Being a top 5 golfer in the world gets you more exposure, good and bad.
Yeah, I hear you.... but man that's tough. I'm all for second and even third chances... It's when it's repetitive that it sort of hits me like thorns in the side.

...and I agree that there are lots of guys out there who could present themselves better. I want it for the game of golf more than anything, to showcase that it's a great experience at every level and not just anger and frustration when things go south.

I guess that's the problem... There are so many good guys out there, I feel like settling on rahm is like settling on a club that hits well but sounds like garbage.

Maybe I am wrong.
Maybe Callaway is signing him and there's more to it than what he presents.

But until he shows it, this type of signing does NOTHING for me.
Maybe it helps Callaway in the European Market?

Maybe it helps Callaway in the European Market?
I think they have a pretty solid foreign born player base.. Hatton, Molinari, Stenson, Leishman, Grace, Frittelli, Grillo, Kim...

But of course it will help at some level - he's a great golfer. I'll never argue that.

That would be sweet. Major coup by callaway

Maybe that’s what got Callaway’s attention? I hear viral videos are where it’s at! Was amazing....

not was the first time I saw it. Not the 100th. Haha. Plus he has played pretty awesome this year.

Disagree away! I think JT has thrown some of the worst blow ups out there....to the point in getting someone thrown out. But us Americans love him cause well he’s passionate and he’s going ours!! LOL.

Anyways, back on topic. If true, good move by Callaway. Think Rambo will win some good tournaments and be a star for someone.
I don’t like JT either, but that’s because he went to Alabama...

It's not my favorite move but it's nice to see Callaway pick up a big name. With Phil riding in to the sunset they could use another recognizable name in the stable. It's just too bad they replaced one temperamental player with another.

Back