Rahm to Callaway?

So he’s the JT of Spain?
LOL that funny no matter who you are but at least he's not that whiny baby Spieth:oops:

He's a top player so if it's true I get it BUT I don't love it. Oddly we have seen guys switch equipment and it works out terribly so they are taking a chance.
That's where I think this one will be a better transition, as he's already been suggested to be unhappy with current product with TM.

Kind of like Rosey bouncing back to TaylorMade gear after the Honma departure.

That's where I think this one will be a better transition, as he's already been suggested to be unhappy with current product with TM.

Kind of like Rosey bouncing back to TaylorMade gear after the Honma departure.
I'm assuming he's testing everything but why not go the Koepka route and play whatever you want? The money still has to be a factor.

I'm assuming he's testing everything but why not go the Koepka route and play whatever you want? The money still has to be a factor.
Well, Koepka is probably making stupid money with Nike.. So he's got a bit more freedom there.

...plus with swooshes everywhere, I can't imagine why a club company would be all that eager to sign a guy who shows up four times a year to win.

Well, Koepka is probably making stupid money with Nike.. So he's got a bit more freedom there.

...plus with swooshes everywhere, I can't imagine why a club company would be all that eager to sign a guy who shows up four times a year to win.
So do you think Rahm will stray from Adidas as well? If not similar situation no?

You guys may have some inside information, that the rest of us don't know! Probably a titch naïve to believe everything you hear! :ROFLMAO:
haha, not me - I just don't think the ball is what would win that one when it's TaylorMade.

Sure, their balls are solid, but I am not about to personally put them in my top three.

So do you think Rahm will stray from Adidas as well? If not similar situation no?
Great question. I have to think at very least the hat will have his sponsorship on it.

I think he needs to do more than the hat. Callaway has spent a sh**ton of money on Travis Matthew. Plus, doesn’t Callaway still have its Tour Authentic line?
If Rahm doesn’t wear one of those, it’s not a good sign, especially for TM and Cuater. Makes them look like lesser brands.

haha, not me - I just don't think the ball is what would win that one when it's TaylorMade.

Sure, their balls are solid, but I am not about to personally put them in my top three.
What are your top 3?
Volvik, Vice and Bridgestone?

I think he needs to do more than the hat. Callaway has spent a sh**ton of money on Travis Matthew. Plus, doesn’t Callaway still have its Tour Authentic line?
If Rahm doesn’t wear one of those, it’s not a good sign, especially for TM and Cuater. Makes them look like lesser brands.
Yeah, but does Rahm present like a guy who fits into the TM or Cuater brand?

I still won't comment much on signing yay or nay, but do you think the general public knows Callaway even owns Travis Mathew?
Tour Authentic apparel is done by Perry Ellis.

Yeah, but does Rahm present like a guy who fits into the TM or Cuater brand?
He barely squeezes in to his adidas wear so maybe TM is a better fit. Haha. I think he could be integrated well into TM.

Cuater is shoes so it shouldn’t be that big of a deal.

I think it's easier to take a guy who lets the play do the talking than the guy who wears his emotions on his shoulders (in a negative way).

That said, once again I can absolutely understand the draw of Rahm, he's just not a guy I enjoy watching. His antics and tantrums aren't appealing to me at all.
I kind of think you are in the minority here. Wether I like the guy or not he has serious game, and I think the majority does enjoy watching him. The European influence has got to be huge as well. I am no marketing guy but I find it to be a good move. If he plays the ball I’d invest in Callaway stock now.

I put Titleist first, but I don't personally consider them the best ball.
Then why put them first? LOL

I assume you are referencing tour usage then?

I kind of think you are in the minority here. Wether I like the guy or not he has serious game, and I think the majority does enjoy watching him. The European influence has got to be huge as well. I am no marketing guy but I find it to be a good move. If he plays the ball I’d invest in Callaway stock now.
I would imagine you're right - and that's probably why I like this discussion so much.

I still won't comment much on signing yay or nay, but do you think the general public knows Callaway even owns Travis Mathew?
Tour Authentic apparel is done by Perry Ellis.

If TM isn’t a priority, that’s fine. Just looks bad to me but I’m not running the company. The message appears to be that TM is good enough for our second/third level guys but not our couple of top guys.

On the gen pop, probably not.

Then why put them first? LOL

I assume you are referencing tour usage then?
I mean.. You can't ignore what Titleist owns from a marketshare perspective.

If you talk about 'best ball' and don't immediately say Titleist, homerism is a bit heavy.

Titleist.
Bridgestone.
Callaway/Srixon.
then maybe TaylorMade?
Being an average golfer my list is a tad different. However I’d be happy playing anyone of those 4 brands. ;)

Being an average golfer my list is a tad different. However I’d be happy playing anyone of those 4 brands. ;)
haha, well, the discussion on balls started when someone said selecting a ball over another was the defining factor, and I was genuinely surprised when it was the TaylorMade ball that 'won' it. It's not to say that these are the end all be all of golfers, because I definitely don't agree with that.

I mean.. You can't ignore what Titleist owns from a marketshare perspective.

If you talk about 'best ball' and don't immediately say Titleist, homerism is a bit heavy.

You have probably done the testing to know what is best for you. I think people would understand that if you wanted to put BStones on top.

Back