I had the 410 LST and 410 Plus with a Tensei Orange last year. They were both wilder than a preacher's daughter. That shaft just didn't work for me. I went to the Alta and it was absolute money.
I should have asked to try the different shafts but the salesperson was all over the place and I didn't want to bug him much. The next time I'm there I might try a few more combos.

I mentioned the sound but not the performance. Through a winter membership, I get 2.5 hours or so a week on a Trackman 4 unit and we have access to all the fitting carts. As you might expect, I have availed myself of all the new drivers for swing work. Pretty much when I tune all the drivers, I can get them close in ballspeed, spin, etc. What I cannot do is replicate the consistency of the results on the 425 Max as it usually has a dispersion circle less than 1/2 the size of anything else. Hands down the best driver of 2021 to this point for me.

I mentioned the sound but not the performance. Through a winter membership, I get 2.5 hours or so a week on a Trackman 4 unit and we have access to all the fitting carts. As you might expect, I have availed myself of all the new drivers for swing work. Pretty much when I tune all the drivers, I can get them close in ballspeed, spin, etc. What I cannot do is replicate the consistency of the results on the 425 Max as it usually has a dispersion circle less than 1/2 the size of anything else. Hands down the best driver of 2021 to this point for me.

What shaft is working for you in that MAX?

They look....like PING drivers :ROFLMAO:

I say that having gamed the 400, 400 Max, and 410 LST.

But all the captures out there of the sound are disappointing. Especially since just a couple years ago PING built an acoustics lab.

They look clean , it’s nice to look down at a matte crown !

performance seems to be super solid. Think these will be fun for a wide swath of players.
I guess I’m in the minority that they just seem really 410 to me. :unsure:

performance seems to be super solid. Think these will be fun for a wide swath of players.

I agree they nailed the look. Watching the reviews online, performance with this line is great and while it might look like a PING and maybe resemble prior generations of the driver, the performance is proving out to be better. What has stood out to me was the spin and dispersion from the Max, not something you would expect from that design.

I agree they nailed the look. Watching the reviews online, performance with this line is great and while it might look like a PING and maybe resemble prior generations of the driver, the performance is proving out to be better. What has stood out to me was the spin and dispersion from the Max, not something you would expect from that design.

So far what we have seen with the Max is that fast to very fast swingers are getting some decently low spin. Slower to moderate, the spin jumps a bit and those players might find more success distance wise out of the LST.

So far what we have seen with the Max is that fast to very fast swingers are getting some decently low spin. Slower to moderate, the spin jumps a bit and those players might find more success distance wise out of the LST.

I've seen that on some of the stuff as well. It goes back to what spin profile you need as we have talked about in other threads. Spin isn't necessarily your enemy as it is needed, but you definitely need to hit them to find the one that works. I think overall for players who swing in the high 90's and up, the Max will surprise them on what it can produce, provided they can get past the sound at impact, which is different from ear to ear.

I've seen that on some of the stuff as well. It goes back to what spin profile you need as we have talked about in other threads. Spin isn't necessarily your enemy as it is needed, but you definitely need to hit them to find the one that works. I think overall for players who swing in the high 90's and up, the Max will surprise them on what it can produce, provided they can get past the sound at impact, which is different from ear to ear.

Probably right, although for me with the Max, I had to loft down a bit to get under 3k and that was with a very low spinning ball. Switching to CSX was wildly different for me. Friend who is in that 110+ category had no such issue. The LST on the other hand, had me closer to that 2600 mark. With that said, obviously as weight moves forward in the PING designs, you will lose some forgiveness.

Probably right, although for me with the Max, I had to loft down a bit to get under 3k and that was with a very low spinning ball. Switching to CSX was wildly different for me. Friend who is in that 110+ category had no such issue. The LST on the other hand, had me closer to that 2600 mark. With that said, obviously as weight moves forward in the PING designs, you will lose some forgiveness.

That's always the rub with the lower spin heads, you lose some real estate to help with mishits. I think that is why I've always gone with the 9 or 9.5 degree head in any "max" type of offering to get the forgiveness I need and hit that spin profile that helps me maximize carry.

that actually sounds kinda unicorn-ish. faster swingers often generate a fair bit of spin they're looking to knock off. and slower swingers (raises hand) often need a bit more spin and launch to keep the ball in the air and maximize distance. it drives me nuts that so many oems are abandoning playable spin profiles in what i believe is an attempt to win the launch monitor wars. i very much enjoy the spin i get out of my mav max, as well as the cobra f9 and the ping g400 max.

That's always the rub with the lower spin heads, you lose some real estate to help with mishits. I think that is why I've always gone with the 9 or 9.5 degree head in any "max" type of offering to get the forgiveness I need and hit that spin profile that helps me maximize carry.

It can be. There are ways to minimize that based on construction and design, but probably for another thread :D

that actually sounds kinda unicorn-ish. faster swingers often generate a fair bit of spin they're looking to knock off. and slower swingers (raises hand) often need a bit more spin and launch to keep the ball in the air and maximize distance. it drives me nuts that so many oems are abandoning playable spin profiles in what i believe is an attempt to win the launch monitor wars. i very much enjoy the spin i get out of my mav max, as well as the cobra f9 and the ping g400 max.

The need yes, but many heads are like that. Full compression and efficient contact has a way of minimizing spin in modern drivers.
I think you are going to find over the next few days that there is a dynamic shift in spin focus as tour players shift towards some different heads than people perceive.

The need yes, but many heads are like that. Full compression and efficient contact has a way of minimizing spin in most modern drivers.
I think you are going to find over the next few days that there is a dynamic shift in spin focus as tour players shift towards some different heads than people perceive.

but not many heads that i'm aware of can knock off spin for a fast swinger AND offer such high moi and forgiveness.

They look....like PING drivers :ROFLMAO:

I say that having gamed the 400, 400 Max, and 410 LST.

But all the captures out there of the sound are disappointing. Especially since just a couple years ago PING built an acoustics lab.

You just helped clarify what bugged me about this release. They took a step back with sound, most notably with the max. From my session, the performance is there with slight improvements, like a little lower spin with the lst. Having played the 400 max and now 410lst, I had high expectations on the full package. I can adapt to the sound, but geez Ping.

As a comparison, I hit the sim2 which sounds much better and has clearly added forgiveness across the deeper face. I need to hit more drivers, but right now Ping driver loving me is leaning TM. Eek.

but not many heads that i'm aware of can knock off spin for a fast swinger AND offer such high moi and forgiveness.

MOI is a unique thing because it has become a catch all for forgiveness. Its not forgiveness, but part of it. Yet has become an arms race because number publishing is rather easy.

The difference between the Max and LST was 500 rpms give or take. That didnt change based on who was swinging it. Also similar to the last iteration. There are lower spin models on the market that go very low, but as tour players have shifted to a bit higher spin, so have manufacturers.

Ping has always made some of the most forgiving drivers out there. I think they nailed the cg mover on this one. However, the sound..... opphhhhh.... it's no bueno. Maybe outside it won't sound quite as bad but it's hard to get past

Ping has always made some of the most forgiving drivers out there. I think they nailed the cg mover on this one. However, the sound..... opphhhhh.... it's no bueno. Maybe outside it won't sound quite as bad but it's hard to get past

if i end up considering it, i'll hit it outdoors. i have seen one review hitting it outdoors, and it was not nearly as offensive, particularly when hitting it side-by-side against the 410 plus.

I 100% agree on the look, especially with the matte finish. Maybe I'm a little OCD but I'm getting a little tired of the glossy finishes in the market where I can see every smudge on the crown while standing at address.

Exactly what I experienced yesterday. I couldn't believe the spin numbers were as high as they were with the Max. I'm not sure I want to give up the forgiveness aspect though.

Next time I'm in the store I might have to try the lower lofted head and see what that does. I thought I would have launch issues with the 9* LST but it was excellent and should work fine in the Max. Hopefully that gets it in a better spin window and adds some distance.

I 100% agree on the look, especially with the matte finish. Maybe I'm a little OCD but I'm getting a little tired of the glossy finishes in the market where I can see every smudge on the crown while standing at address.

Yeah while I prefer glossy, I am glad to see matte options continue to exist for people. I know that the RADSPEED has been well received with that finish as well.

Reactions: KEV
I'm more of a matte fan, glossy distracts me at address; so very glad to see the various options out there

I LOVE the glossy look, especially with carbon weave, until I put it in play... I spend a lot of time polishing the crown. And it seems like anything used comes with swirl marks that need to be buffed out. But the matte finish of the 400 Max hid all that much better.

While I agree it “looks like a Ping driver,” I do love the transition to just classic black/grey. I like a clean look, and this one looks pretty clean.

Last edited:
There are a couple I’m aware of

Genuinely curious. What companies are only offering "flourescent puke" color? Im looking through all of the releases and I see Cobra has a bright yellow, but also a matte dark blue (nearly black) appearance. I don't see any other with that honestly.

Back