What Golf Stuff Did You Buy Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to golf galaxy today to get the R11 Driver. And I didn't buy it. BOO HOO... On a side note I did buy a new set of TaylorMade MB's!!!!!!! Yippee! Got 4-PW, GW S-300 Dynamic gold shafts regular grips. They will be here in 10 business days. I am so excited. I hit the Burner 2.0's, CB, MC, and MB's. And I absolutely love the way the MB's felt. I guess I didn't realize that my R7's are oversized. So, it may take a bit to get use to the smaller heads, but in the long run it will definitely be worth it! Thank you THPer's for your reviews on the the irons they definitely helped me make my decision. When I went in there I was thinking MC or MB from the reviews. But hit the other's just to make sure.

What makes you say smaller heads will be better in the long run? Just curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great looking soaked Gray. I Love mine, unless its really wiindy, and even then it works if its soaked.

Tap,Tap,Tap

Thats a very cool hat Gray! I am looking into one right now from the seller you recommended. It would be great for the heat down here in Mexico.

Burner Superfast 2.0 driver from Patty at Blind9

cant wait to get it :)

Finally found a nike SQ sumo #2 hybrid over the weekend and had it delivered today. Picked up another Aldila VS Proto 80x shaft for it that should be in this week as well. The #3 hybrid I have with the same head/shaft combo is magic, I cant wait to put it in play this weekend! You guys should be seeing a VR Pro Hybrid up for sale soon haha.

It's here!!! Phone finally rang today and after a 4/12/2011 order date and a 4/20/2011 ship date - my R11 has arrived.

If it weren't for work, I'd be flying out the door, speeding to the store and heading straight to the course. Alas, I have several more hours in the office today. Once I have it in my eager little hands, I will be sure to post my thoughts on my new great white hope...

Four more Ashworth shirts. Budget Golf has them for $14.96, can't beat that with a 9 iron.

Farrrrrrrrk me! R9 4W. Found it used for $80 and my favorite local shop. Been looking for one for a while. Couldn't pass it up. Shop gave me a new grip and re-gripped it for me for free.

The SW and LW that match my irons. I really didn't care if they're matched I just have a lot of confidence with these irons right now and really like the look at address. The LW will be a new club for me so might take some time getting used to it and it'll be used sparingly around the green and only when I feel I really need the loft. Also bought a doppler swing speed meter and a dozen Orange E6's. Really wondering how I'll like the orange at address, haven't looked at them yet outside the box.

Next up is finding a new driver. I want a new driver I just haven't found anything I like better then my current one. Hit the Superfast 2.0 and R11 with a few different set ups and shafts the other day and while I found options I liked, I still kinda liked my driver better.

Just ordered a Bettinardi BB8 (2010 model)! I am looking to replace my Scotty Newport 2 because I have noticed it really glares a lot on sunny days. I like the black finish on the Bettinardi, but I have never rolled one of these because they just don't sell them many places, so I'm hoping it rolls well. I have read a lot of great things about them! I am really anxious to get it, but it looks like it may not be here til Monday since it is coming from California...bummer.

Broke down and ordered a set of Black Pearl CG16 tours with the super rare X100 shafts in them today.

Picked up a cleveland 588 60' wedge at Play it Again for $12, its in pretty good shape so I think I got a steal!

i didnt buy it but i got the most kick ass custom valero texas open trucker cap with bogey russ embroidered on the back and tpc san antonio on the side
an unbelievably talented pga teaching pro surprised me with it... awwwwesome!

TaylorMade Burner Superfast driver arrived today. $149 from Rockbottom golf.

Took delivery today of my new SeeMore FGP putter, and a Mashie M1! Already watched most of the Pat O'Brien DVD, and changed the grip on the Mashie.

Now, I just have to learn how to use 'em

Good haul Matt, enjoy the new sticks.

Picked up a used 19 degree nickent hybrid from golf galaxy for $14! Too sweet of a deal to pass up.

Love my Nickent hybrids. Great pick up!!

Picked up a used 19 degree nickent hybrid from golf galaxy for $14! Too sweet of a deal to pass up.

That is so true, good haul packerfan.

Scotty Cameron 2011 Masters Circle T hat.....sweet hat and loving the all black with a red circle T

Finally replaced my old 360cc Cleveland Launcher with a used Nike SQ Dymo Str8-Fit for $43 off ebay. I read here that folks didn't really love it, but I am very interested in hitting the ball straight and thats what a lot of folks outside THP seem to say the club can do for your game.

Going from 360 to 460cc will be mind boggling.

I bought a titleist sports mesh hat. They're really nice looking and fitted. The material is fantastic for keeping head cool.

Also got my Razr hawk tour with miyazaki dromos shaft today. My initial outdoor session wasn't what I was hoping so got some work to do there.

Blue Adidas ClimaCool trousers, a red and a white Adidias shirt, White Adidas Trophy belt and dozen Srixon Z-Star. I love the trousers, never actually owned a pair of proper golf trousers, have always just worn work trousers in the past. But from now on I will be investing some serious money in more golf attire!

E6's have just turned up - 2011 version with the dual-dimples... Nice looking ball - hope they do the job...

What makes you say smaller heads will be better in the long run? Just curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that smaller heads will get me to hit the ball more in the right spot of the club instead of depending on the forgiveness of it so much as I do now. I really want to improve my game. I know my game will take a hit at first, but i'm going to stick with it. I could have went with oversized irons again. But I want to consistantly hit the sweet spot not be satisfied that the ball went somewhat close to what I wanted. That comes from hitting the ball in the right spot on the club. I think it does anyways. I hope you understand what I mean. I haven't been golfing 20 years or anything so I may not have the same ideas as everyone else. But I will trial and error it until I get it right. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back