Official Rant of the Day

Man I have been going at it way too hard as of late and need to step away from content for a bit. My eyes are crosseyed.

Ditto.

Look at our Monday Forecast dude

View attachment 8993105

I have no idea what -16 feels like, but I probably won't venture outside.

Cold temperatures are bad enough, wind makes it worse.. Considering that the lowest it has been here this season is -7, that's really cold weather. Nothing like below zero weather and snow.

I know many of you would consider this a light dusting, but my city/county doesn’t have any snow removal equipment because we only get snow once or twice a year. It doesn’t usually last too long if it sticks at all. They just leave it to melt. Every few years though, we get dumped on.

We’ve got another 4-8” predicted today and tomorrow, and freezing rain forecasted for Sunday. Won’t be driving anywhere until Monday at the earliest.

CCC26B70-03A6-493D-8FD2-6BF547A1A71F.jpeg

Next week is going to be fun for the weather nerds. Siberian air into south Texas. Potentially a foot of snow in parts of TX, LA, and AR, and up to a half-inch of ice in parts of LA and MS. Extreme cold, and potential all-time lows in places.
Ugh. Just keep that shiite east of Arizona, please!

When I lived near Sacramento, the state regulators mandated for environmental reasons that only mountainous cold counties could sell windshield wiper fluid that was liquid below 32*. I had to doctor my windshield wiper fluid with isopropyl alcohol or bring it back from a colder city up the hill. I made the trek up the mountains near Lake Tahoe about once a week, sometimes in a sloppy snowstorm that would require a half a gallon of wiper fluid in a 50 mile stretch. Many motorists got stranded traveling to Tahoe from the San Fran or Sacramento area because their wiper fluid was frozen. Some of those storms made it impossible to drive more than a mile without fluid and I got caught with the wrong fluid a couple times in the spring and fall as the Jiffy Lube near my house had topped off the reservoir with the “green” fluid.

Unfortunately this morning in some parts of N. Minnesota the fluid that is good to -20* F would have not been good enough. ;)
Up here, we just keep the winter stuff in year round. That includes the -40 rated coolant.

GET
ME
OUTTA
HEREEEEEE
Ditto.

Look at our Monday Forecast dude

I have no idea what -16 feels like, but I probably won't venture outside.
You guys want to come visit? I have a spare room, and enough snow shovels to go around!

Up here, we just keep the winter stuff in year round. That includes the -40 rated coolant.

You guys want to come visit? I have a spare room, and enough snow shovels to go around!
No. :oops:

Maybe in the summer with the midnight sun and no snow!

Maybe in the summer with the midnight sun and no snow!
Summer is really beautiful up here... midnight sun is something to be experienced for sure!

C'mon spring C7D2CD2D-D8E5-418F-B67A-24A2B06EA635.png

Cardboard cut...
Crazy glue. It's your friend for paper/cardboard cuts or cracks due to dry skin. You don't have to stretch the skin either, just put the glue in the "seam" and let it dry.

Crazy glue. It's your friend for paper/cardboard cuts or cracks due to dry skin. You don't have to stretch the skin either, just put the glue in the "seam" and let it dry.
I've "repaired" so many gashes that probably needed stitches with super glue. Those require good cleaning and a little stretch, but hey that's what it was invented for.

I've found that medicated chapstick to be outstanding on fingertip cracks from cold, overworked with tasks or dryness. Just have to continually apply it over a day or so. Crazy how good it works but must be the medicated type.

I've "repaired" so many gashes that probably needed stitches with super glue. Those require good cleaning and a little stretch, but hey that's what it was invented for.

I've found that medicated chapstick to be outstanding on fingertip cracks from cold, overworked with tasks or dryness. Just have to continually apply it over a day or so. Crazy how good it works but must be the medicated type.
I buy the O'keefe Working Hands by the 12 tube case and would bath in it if I could get a 55gal.drum! 🙂

Fortunately it’s not too deep, but damn that hurts so bad when it’s happening.

I buy the O'keefe Working Hands by the 12 tube case and would bath in it if I could get a 55gal.drum! 🙂
I use that too, great stuff and agree for everywhere but my fingertips.

The chapstick works better for me as it's just the tips of my fingers that get bad. Works great for hangnails and the like too.

I use that too, great stuff and agree for everywhere but my fingertips.

The chapstick works better for me as it's just the tips of my fingers that get bad. Works great for hangnails and the like too.
Sometimes when my hands get real bad, I'll fill the fingers of a pair of nitrile gloves with it and wear them for a hour or two. Smooth and soft for the wife! 😉

Fortunately it’s not too deep, but damn that hurts so bad when it’s happening.
I have to agree, those stupid paper cuts and even worse your card board cut, hurt worse than anything. I'd rather a chunk be taken out and the skin not rubbing against itself!

Then I think it's almost over and bam...scrape it against something and it opens back up!

Curse you paper/board cuts!

Ugh. Just keep that shiite east of Arizona, please!
What? You don't want the negative teens that Oklahoma will see next week? :LOL:

I have to agree, those stupid paper cuts and even worse your card board cut, hurt worse than anything. I'd rather a chunk be taken out and the skin not rubbing against itself!

Then I think it's almost over and bam...scrape it against something and it opens back up!

Curse you paper/board cuts!

Agreed, and you can literally feeling it as it‘s happening, and it always feels like it’s happening in slow motion.

Reactions: J4U
What? You don't want the negative teens that Oklahoma will see next week? :LOL:
I'll enjoy it vicariously through those fortunate enough to live there. :LOL:

Back