Nicklaus ML4 Driver

Very nice and classic looking driver, and looks like great shaft as well. If it worked I'd play it in a heartbeat. Unfortunately if it was painted white it would probably sell more units .......right now.

It's elegant in it's simplicity. Reminds me of my current driver.

Clean looking classic driver can't wait for the reviews.

Clean looking classic driver can't wait for the reviews.

+1

However, it has no nubbins, and no dongles, so it will never do well.
They should have let a 5 year old loose with a can of fluorescent paint, and then let the 5 year old point to places on the club, and have their parent hot glue lego to it in those places. Instant classic/über seller.

Very classic looking driver - really looking forward to the reviews on this one!

I guess I am in the minority, I think it looks good. I like the simple and clean looks.

OK looking driver. Has Jack ever had any sucess with his equipment, as far as sales and popularity go?

OK looking driver. Has Jack ever had any sucess with his equipment, as far as sales and popularity go?

Depends on what you mean by success? Was it a top 5 in sales? No. Has it competed in terms of performance? Yes.

I don't mind the look too much. I'll be interested to hear how it performs though.

I think the companies outside the big few have a difficult task in terms of styling. If they go for one colour, or lack of fuss, it's called plain and it doesn't stand out. If they paint it a different colour, or splash gizmos and slogans everywhere, it's labelled as cheap and copying some big OEM.

Good looking driver and I like the fact it isn't busy at all. I think some companies are putting too many graphics on the crown of the club and the shafts look like a fireworks show. That's distracting. I know the testing is for another thread, but I am looking forward to seeing how these perform for them. I've never hit a Nicklaus club so I'm intrigued.

Quite a departure from the last one. New designer maybe?

11920.jpg

I think it looked pretty nice, and the price did not scare me off either. Looking forward to reading how it stands up in the test.

Quite a departure from the last one. New designer maybe?

11920.jpg

That sole looks like a bowling ball! I guess I can't be so negative if they went from that to more traditional look. Major improvement!

Who looks at the sole of their driver when hitting it?

It looks like a driver to me.

To be fair, when it's in the rack, the sole is oftentimes the first thing you see. Definitely if it's in a rack where they are on their side.

But I like it too. I don't mind a "plain" or "simple" looking club. It's the ugly ones that I have a problem with!

Looking at the pics again, this really seems to have quite a deep face. Is that the case, or is it a trick of the camera?

I think it looks quite nice, nothing wrong with plain looking clubs in my opinion.

Looking forward to seeing what the testers have to say about it

i wonder when ours will be coming?? i cant wait to give it a go and get down and dirty with the the testing!!

I guess I am in the minority, I think it looks good. I like the simple and clean looks.

Same here.

From the top it looks very similar to the Nickent driver I am playing now.

I would definitely give it a try!

Hate to be so negative but looks like something you would find at Wal-Mart. I know graphics and logos don't have anything to do with how club performs but walking by it on a rack it wouldn't catch my eye enough to stop. I do like how the club looks at address though.

I am with you. IMO you need something to catch the eye of consumers. Especially in the wood/driver category.

Back