What club do you use to punch out under trees ?

It all depends on my distance from the green, the thickness of the woods, low limbs. If I have an opening I'll use anything from a 7 to 3 iron.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used to use my 3-iron for shots like this. I would just play the ball back in my stance and it would stay nice and low. My current iron set doesnt have a 3-iron though, so now I just use my 4H.

Depends on how far it needs to go, but I use my 6i sometimes. I just put it back in my stance and deloft it. If it is a shorter shot, I use a shorter iron. I haven't tried the hybrid yet, but Darren has with good success. It would be better if we just didn't hit the ball in the trees.

Depends on how far it needs to go, but I use my 6i sometimes. I just put it back in my stance and deloft it. If it is a shorter shot, I use a shorter iron. I haven't tried the hybrid yet, but Darren has with good success. It would be better if we just didn't hit the ball in the trees.

If it were only that easy! hehe

Definitely my 3 iron every time. I feel the most comfortable with it and almost enjoy hitting out of trouble with it more than playing real golf. I can hit a mean low hook from just about anywhere with it and a sweet fade when needed. It's my go to club when I'm hitting the ball low.

4 or 5 iron

I use my 4 iron, which is my lowest lofted iron and make sure my follow through is abbreviated.

Always use my 8-iron delofted with nice, easy half swing. Tried longer irons in the past and it never seems to get out of the rough for me. Tried 4-hybrid, but results were 50-50.

4 or 7 depending on the distance and how low the ball needs to stay.

Depends on if I need to play a hook or a slice.

Hook-3w.

Slice, 1h.

EDIT: JBs RHMJ is as follows

5i is my get out of jail free club

4i to 7i. Depends on how low it needs to be, how far, lie etc, but I always use and iron and play it back with a low follow through.

I would say that most often I use a 6 iron, but it changes depending on the shot.

I always encounter this, if I am around the green it's 7 iron, if I'm punching to the fairway its 4 iron.

If i am only 40 or so out i use my 5-iron with the ball WAAAY back in my stance and, a slow+short jab swing. It almost never works but when it does i look like a right-handed phil, LOL. If im farther than 50 yards its usually my 24* fybrid but, that hardly ever works either so, i try my best to just stay outta the trees. THAT dont always work either tho, LOL.

if its a long shot I use driver. if its short ill use the Mashie M1.

I usually use my 5 iron too.

5-7 depending how the angle and possibility of getting it further down the fairway. It's usually further back in the stance, half swing and I grip down. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't :bashful:

if its a long shot I use driver. if its short ill use the Mashie M1.

driver? wow you must hate your driver lol

my buddy actually uses his putter to punch out of junky lies hahaha... he hates his putter

Punchout? I don't need no stinking punchout. Get creative: hook, slice, something headed for the green. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Lose a ball, lose a hole, so what; unless it's for a buck from my best bud or hated rival.

I take a 3 iron and slice punch it to the green, I don't usually play a 40 yard shot. If I need to slice it I have trouble though, but I still use my 3 iron.

Back