2024 Titleist Vokey SM10 Review

I am really looking forward to seeing which grind serves me best. I have been having quite a bit of success with a 58* C grind. Would that translate most closely to the M grind in the Vockeys?

I am really looking forward to seeing which grind serves me best. I have been having quite a bit of success with a 58* C grind. Would that translate most closely to the M grind in the Vockeys?
Could be the M or even the T in the lob wedge.

Could be the M or even the T in the lob wedge.
Bounce has to be taken into account though, of what Craig is coming from. I do agree, those are the two with similar relief, although the M grind destroys the traditional C imo.

Between the 54M and the 58T I feel like I’m equipped for pretty much any lie and any bunker. I just couldn’t ask for anything more and have been so happy with these.

Bounce has to be taken into account though, of what Craig is coming from. I do agree, those are the two with similar relief, although the M grind destroys the traditional C imo.
I love the M grind.

Based on the turf here I could see either the M or T working well for him in that spot. Very firm and doesn’t grab the club head the way Bermuda does.

Between the 54M and the 58T I feel like I’m equipped for pretty much any lie and any bunker. I just couldn’t ask for anything more and have been so happy with these.
Those are the grinds I am playing.

I love the M grind.

Based on the turf here I could see either the M or T working well for him in that spot. Very firm and doesn’t grab the club head the way Bermuda does.
I use a 58* and it really needs to be a work horse. I don‘t tend to do as well out of bunkers with extremely low bounce, which is why I was thinking M, or even D. It will be interesting and fun to see what I am fit into for the Vokey experience. I haven’t played Vokey wedges for quite a few years.

I use a 58* and it really needs to be a work horse. I don‘t tend to do as well out of bunkers with extremely low bounce, which is why I was thinking M, or even D. It will be interesting and fun to see what I am fit into for the Vokey experience. I haven’t played Vokey wedges for quite a few years.
M-Grind will win.

I think M then if you are hitting the 58° out of bunkers. It’s pretty versatile

M = greatest grind ever

What is it that makes you like the M grind so much?

For me it’s always been just the right amount of effective bounce. Still let’s you manipulate the club face. Good for me in all conditions and does well out of the sand. I have a ton of confidence with that grind. Not afraid to be aggressive with it.

Probably going to pick up a 58 M grind because I have no business hitting my 60. The question is do I also get a 54 S to go with it, or would I be better served having more of a difference in bounce between the two clubs. I could go M in the 54, but then which direction do I go in the 58. (I know the answer here is get fit, but I don't see that being able to happen for a while)

Probably going to pick up a 58 M grind because I have no business hitting my 60. The question is do I also get a 54 S to go with it, or would I be better served having more of a difference in bounce between the two clubs. I could go M in the 54, but then which direction do I go in the 58. (I know the answer here is get fit, but I don't see that being able to happen for a while)
I am contemplating the same types of things. Have you tried using the wedge selector tool on the Titleist website? I tried it and it suggested M grind for 58 (similar to what was suggested by others in this thread) and S grind for 54. I am looking forward to seeing if that is what I actually get fit into for the Vokey experience, but your logic seems solid, based on my own research for myself.

I am contemplating the same types of things. Have you tried using the wedge selector tool on the Titleist website? I tried it and it suggested M grind for 58 (similar to what was suggested by others in this thread) and S grind for 54. I am looking forward to seeing if that is what I actually get fit into for the Vokey experience, but your logic seems solid, based on my own research for myself.
I have. 50F, 54S, 58M is what is spits out for me most times, I think by virtue of me being a sweeper.

Maybe I should wait until y'all go to Ballyhack...

I have. 50F, 54S, 58M is what is spits out for me most times, I think by virtue of me being a sweeper.

Maybe I should wait until y'all go to Ballyhack...
I'm a big sweeper also and it sounds like from the reviews the M grind would be best. Especially with the firmer conditions I tend to play in. Yet when I did the online selector I'm in the 50F, 54S, 60D area. Really curious to see what I'm fix into next week. Getting excited!

I spent some time looking at the SM10s yesterday at my local PGA Superstore. I definitely like the nickel and black finishes better than the chrome. I think that I am leaning towards black.

Last edited:
I'm a big sweeper also and it sounds like from the reviews the M grind would be best. Especially with the firmer conditions I tend to play in. Yet when I did the online selector I'm in the 50F, 54S, 60D area. Really curious to see what I'm fix into next week. Getting excited!
I am intrigued regarding why it put you into a 54* and 60*. I presume that you indicated while answering out the selector tool questions that 60* was the most lofted wedge you wanted to use. I used to always have a 60* wedge in the bag, but since the pw lofts have gotten stronger (44* for the T150s), I went to a 48*, 54* (bent to 53*) and 58* progression. I use all of those wedges for full swings and normally need 4 to 5 degree gaps to make it work.

I am intrigued regarding why it put you into a 54* and 60*. I presume that you indicated while answering out the selector tool questions that 60* was the most lofted wedge you wanted to use. I used to always have a 60* wedge in the bag, but since the pw lofts have gotten stronger (44* for the T150s), I went to a 48*, 54* (bent to 53*) and 58* progression. I use all of those wedges for full swings and normally need 4 to 5 degree gaps to make it work.
Gapping wise I definitely need something different. Currently I have a 44 PW, then I have a 48/50/54/58. I know I have that 2* difference but has helped when I'm in the 110-120 range for full swings. My poor fitter is going to be up for a challenge :ROFLMAO:. I'm sure the online just said and based it on what I had at PW and then the highest loft comfortable with. I do much prefer the 54/58 combo but then I have 10* of loft difference between my SW and PW.....

I spent some time looking at the SM10s yesterday at my local PGA Superstore. I definitely like the nickel and black finishes better than the chrome. I think that I am leaning towards black.
Right, I'm loving those darker finishes. Hoping to stop by the PGA SS on the way home from work tomorrow and get a close up view of them. I like a darker finish, play alot of afternoon leagues and the sun setting gives alot of blinding glare on a couple holes with chrome wedges.

My tee game is a mess right now, but the Vokey wedges love to bail me out. Hitting and sticking from 50yds is so nice. And those testy greenside back spinners...

First round today with the SM10s, I guess I'll keep 'em. 😎

Screenshot_20240326-134333~2.png
Screenshot_20240326-134357~2.png
Screenshot_20240326-134359~2.png

Had a great fitting experience today for SM10 and worked through some fun discussion on grind options and bounce options based on the swings I was producing.

Surprised me to hear that I am not as steep as most fitters claim me to be. Maybe it's a wedge thing as I tend to be a bit less aggressive with how easy it is to cut through the turf by comparison to irons - hard to say, but a nice takeaway to think about as the scar tissue of other fittings weighs on me.

I've always been a firm believer in wedge shafts playing a particular role in the swing, and go back and forth on whether or not the shafts I select for my irons should bleed into my wedges. We landed on going iron shaft in the 50 degree since I almost always full swing it, and then utilizing the benefits of the stock wedge shaft (which I believe is S200) for my 54 and 58.

I've played my wedges bent one strong and typically bent one upright for years. I do that because of my dynamic loft, and it's the same thing I do with my irons. Where it could be problematic for some, my peak height and descent angles are exactly where they need to be with that setup, and it's going to continue to work very well for me. What I did shift from, is that I'll be playing the 58 stock based on the idea that around the green, having that toe elevated could have a negative impact on leading edge location - I'm going to give it a shot at stock and if it needs to be changed, it's an easy tweak.

50F and 54S is what I played in my SM9, and that will continue with SM10. The subtle versatility of the 54 is nice, but I want more of an iron experience out of my 50 and the F does a nice job.

The 58 was a wildcard. I really enjoyed my time with the M, but I am going to give the T a shot this time around based on experimenting with flops and open faced shots during the fitting. Apparently it is a massively popular grind on tour, and I'll look forward to seeing how it plays for me.

Long winded, very wordy, my bad. Mike was awesome, and I hope anyone looking to get a solid education on SM10 seek him out in KY and the surrounding States. His shared affinity for left dot ProV1 and perspective on shaft fitting made me feel like I was talking into a mirror for a bit haha - although i think he works out more than I do.

GO GET FIT!!!!

Im loving the combo of 54m and 58t. Great for pitching and chipping options. I can hit the flighted low spinners with both .

Back