BBQ and Outdoor Cooking Thread

Someone had to mention salmon in this thread. Wife wanted some salmon and I suggested doing it on the grill. After letting her taste test it, not sure I'll get to eat any. I may end up having to just eat a sandwich. 20191104_171439.jpg

I'm doing wings tonight on the kettle using a Vortex. The absolute best was to get crispy wings without deep frying.

I'm doing wings tonight on the kettle using a Vortex. The absolute best was to get crispy wings without deep frying.

Do you find that better than smoking/grilling and then into the air fryer? We have done both (not using a kettle) and have had fantastic success with a quick finishing in the air fryer.

Do you find that better than smoking/grilling and then into the air fryer? We have done both (not using a kettle) and have had fantastic success with a quick finishing in the air fryer.

Unless I run the smoker at 350°+, there's not much chance of getting the crispy skin and even then it's not as crispy as from the kettle and we don't have an air fryer. The Vortex is a chicken machine on the kettle. 45 minutes at about 450° and you're in business. Legs and thighs are out of this world using it as well, just rub them with Naturiffic Chicken salt, in the kettle for 60 minutes rotating the lid 90° every 15 minutes...now I'm getting hungry!!

What time is dinner ??:p

About 6...your mission to to find us! :ROFLMAO:

I'm making a satay sauce to go with this as well, served on some steamed jasmine rice.

Unless I run the smoker at 350°+, there's not much chance of getting the crispy skin and even then it's not as crispy as from the kettle and we don't have an air fryer. The Vortex is a chicken machine on the kettle. 45 minutes at about 450° and you're in business. Legs and thighs are out of this world using it as well, just rub them with Naturiffic Chicken salt, in the kettle for 60 minutes rotating the lid 90° every 15 minutes...now I'm getting hungry!!

Yeah I know the Vortex. I was just curious if you had tried it with an air fryer to compare. Thanks.
I have done the smoker to our Napoleon Prestige Pro Sizzle zone and crisped at around 1000 degrees, it was crazy.

Very nice Nathan. Watch it closely and it will be so gooooood!

Test chicken on the Grilla.

A5A2AD7B-AE23-4352-9A20-8DFB5A1BB855.jpeg

15A27277-48BD-4551-822D-8E8EE3ADA69A.jpeg

Might have found Traeger heaven today....
ef9898fe7757c69db0e505c124ecc9ce.jpg

Pizza night on the Rec Tec. Mixing it up...cauliflower crust & flat bread.

Before

2E6C3E53-B455-471E-A207-418A62CB76B3.jpeg

After

3C1169E4-EAAA-499F-BCC1-1DF5BCC3603E.jpeg

How was the cauliflower crust?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Solid. Used Cali’flour crust. Think it’s like 4g of carbs in whole crust. Key is smoking it for 12-15 min first....put what you want on it then....finish it up for another 10 min. Crust held the weight & was solid.

Solid. Used Cali’flour crust. Think it’s like 4g of carbs in whole crust. Key is smoking it for 12-15 min first....put what you want on it then....finish it up for another 10 min. Crust held the weight & was solid.

That sounds good I am going to try using your method

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pizza night on the Rec Tec. Mixing it up...cauliflower crust & flat bread.

Man, that looks great. Gotta find those cauli crusts!!!

Rectec is awesome. I've got a 4 yr old RT680

Back