I am a Big fan of Tiger but that being said I do NOT like this stuff only because if someone doesn't want to do it they shouldn't have to answer for it and they way everything is now would just be another distraction for that individual.

JMHO

Max Homa was getting a lot of grief on Twitter because he is not going to wear red/black today. I don't know who sponsors him but he had no red/black and he is contractually bound to wear all of his logos. Sounds as if his agent told him that you don't want to get sued and we can't get the logos done on time.

Max was apologizing.

Would be a great outpouring of respect!

I’ll be honest...

He’s not dead, so I think it’s a bit much.

I bet Fatrick Reed is happy though.

If a player didn’t pack red and black, it’s not the end of the world. They have sponsorship logos on their clothes for a reason. People chirping at Homa seems a bit much, especially if the sponsor couldn’t get stuff to the player last minute or it wasn’t discussed.

There are plenty of ways to still give a little hat tip to the big cat. I mean, I don’t see why Homa just doesn’t go full tiger costume but I do understand it’s hot out, and those don’t breathe too well.

If a player didn’t pack red and black, it’s not the end of the world. They have sponsorship logos on their clothes for a reason. People chirping at Homa seems a bit much, especially if the sponsor couldn’t get stuff to the player last minute or it wasn’t discussed.

There are plenty of ways to still give a little hat tip to the big cat. I mean, I don’t see why Homa just doesn’t go full tiger costume but I do understand it’s hot out, and those don’t breathe too well.
Sadly, in this climate he knows he will get dragged on social for it because people are dbags.

I’m happy to see the tribute. I don’t see it being excessive in the slightest. For all Tiger has done for the game...

Sadly I’ll be in the car all day and not able to watch but I still think it’s cool for whoever chooses to do it. I won’t be mad or like anyone less who doesn’t though

I’ll be honest...

He’s not dead, so I think it’s a bit much.

I bet Fatrick Reed is happy though.
Sadly, in this climate he knows he will get dragged on social for it because people are dbags.

Pretty much in this camp, it was a car wreck, why?

Sadly I’ll be in the car all day and not able to watch but I still think it’s cool for whoever chooses to do it. I won’t be mad or like anyone less who doesn’t though
But Jeremy, we HAVE to be mad! Social media mobs demand it :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

100% are. Hilariously at that, the guy literally fan girls for the guy but yeah, clearly has no respect for his idol 😂

Some players apparently want to let Tiger know they are thinking about him and wish him well, if that's the reasoning, I'm fine with it.

But some are making a big deal of it ...:unsure: if you do or don't and that bugs me.:oops:

Apparently this really is going to be a thing. I didn’t really want to believe it a few days ago but... do I have to put a red shirt on today while I sit at my house?

Apparently this really is going to be a thing. I didn’t really want to believe it a few days ago but... do I have to put a red shirt on today while I sit at my house?

No, you are not on TV;)

completely agree and I was afraid of this.

Fairway Jesus with the red mock today. That is beautiful, because he can’t pull it off either. That is amazing.
How dare you!

Max Homa was getting a lot of grief on Twitter because he is not going to wear red/black today. I don't know who sponsors him but he had no red/black and he is contractually bound to wear all of his logos. Sounds as if his agent told him that you don't want to get sued and we can't get the logos done on time.

Max was apologizing.
I knew this s**t was going to happen. Allow me to quote myself from last Thursday:

I can get behind that line of thought. It puts players in a position where they’d basically have no choice but to do it, and the media (and social) would make a big deal of anybody who didn’t conform. I think there would be inferences made that had nothing to do with anything, and guys would potentially be stigmatized If they didn’t do it, regardless of their actual reasons.

@Jman summed it up nicely:

Max has nothing to apologize for, nor does any other player who doesn't take part in this little hero worship ritual. He shouldn't have apologized, he should have told his critics to go suck on a giant bag of 🍆🍆🍆. We've reached a sad state of affairs when somebody has to make apologies and justify the clothes they wear or don't wear.

Back