Search results for query: *

1. WMac19

If you could always play at your best...

If you could always reasonably expect to play near your personal best ability, would your equipment choices change? I thought of this because there's no doubt that I've picked my equipment for its performance. Yet also, largely to mask my flaws. If I knew that I could/would play near my best...
  2. WMac19

Oh, geez... I did it again (club purchase)

Here I am, still months away from swinging a club due to my latest back injury, and I bought another club anyway. 10.5° Ping G400 Max with stiff Aldila Tour Green ATX shaft. Couple of weeks ago it was a new set of W/S C300 Forged, now this. Hey, I like looking at 'em, LOL. So am I just...
  3. WMac19

Golf Etiquette: what do YOU need to improve?

Apologies if this was already covered... The one area where I am continually lacking is on cart path only holes (talking individual holes, not when play is rendered CPO due to conditions). I'm normally one to routinely fill my divot and at least one other with sand. On days when playing alone...
  4. WMac19

Backyard Putting Green!!!

Work commenced yesterday, via Southwest Greens of Raleigh. [emoji16] Size: 27 × 20 but actual dimension was subject to change as they go, contracted for 540 sq ft though. I'll post some pics in following posts but I seemed to have lost the before shots, prior to removing trees. [emoji34] At...
  5. WMac19

Are all birdies alike?

It's easy and probably accurate to say yes. But do you take any increased pleasure when scoring birdie on either a par-3, par-4 or par-5 hole? I'd take any of course but I feel a bit more satisfaction when scoring birdie on a par-4 hole. Usually it takes two very good shots to be afforded...
  6. WMac19

Ala the former Dell guy... "dude I'm getting a

...backyard putting green! 100% wife driven inspiration by my non golfer better half. [emoji4] She wants one because she loves their look and has ideas about how to landscape and beautify the property in order to accentuate the green. Her lone condition, LOL... is that I don't attempt to do...
  7. WMac19

Golf Epiphany!

I've struggled with toe contact... forever. Especially with irons, REALLY bad lately, bleeding fully into wedges. I'd also lost distance on the rare solid strike over the past couple of seasons and that's been an effect suffered throughout the bag. Figured age as I'll turn 50 this year. I...
  8. WMac19

"Golf Eve," am I alone?

The day before a scheduled or planned round, after 25+ years of playing, I still get excited as if a little kid. Am I alone? LOL, should I just go ahead and seek the professional help that my wife so emphatically recommends? ?
  9. WMac19

Drivers: Finally a welcomed problem...

I played last season with my 9.5* Cobra ZL but bounced around with shafts between the Nunchuk, Whiteboard, and Bassara. Really liked all, but loved none. I recently grabbed a Fuji Fuel Tour Spec 60x for the ZL and love it. Went a bit shorter at 44.5", very accurate, smooth and stable shaft...
  10. WMac19

A belated hello from the 'burbs of NYC

Hi all, been here for a month or so but never even noticed the Check-In forum. Oops. :embarrassed: The name's Will (or Bill, Willie, Billy... answer to 'em all!), I just retired from the NYPD in October after 20 years. I'm taking about a year or so off before I work again so I can jump-in...
Back