2011 THP Demo Day Thread

Can we get some Tour Edge XCG-4 fairways?

I would be cool to see a SeeMore breast style putter. 50" or close in length. Center shaft . I would love to do a review on one of those :thumb:

JB if you need move this to the proper therad.
This is more of a suggestion than anything else.
Last year @ the Demo Days I was a little overwhelmed by the shear number of products they had for us to test & demo. I didn’t do a very good job as a tester for the manufactures or the folks of THP that couldn’t make the trip.
GG & JB had pen & paper for us to use to write our thoughts down so we could reference back to them we got home & made post about the products.
I would suggest to all that ya take your time & use the note pads to write down details of your experience with all the clubs you hit, remembering it is also feedback for the companies & fellow THPers to use after we are done at the Outing.
I for one will try to be more systematic about they way I demo the clubs.

JB if you need move this to the proper therad.
This is more of a suggestion than anything else.
Last year @ the Demo Days I was a little overwhelmed by the shear number of products they had for us to test & demo. I didn’t do a very good job as a tester for the manufactures or the folks of THP that couldn’t make the trip.
GG & JB had pen & paper for us to use to write our thoughts down so we could reference back to them we got home & made post about the products.
I would suggest to all that ya take your time & use the note pads to write down details of your experience with all the clubs you hit, remembering it is also feedback for the companies & fellow THPers to use after we are done at the Outing.
I for one will try to be more systematic about they way I demo the clubs.

I agree, Bulldog, I did not do as goog as a job as I could of last time with my write-ups and I am going to try this time to do better. I think with the demo day being one entire day instead of a couple of hours before a round of golf it will allow us to slow down and take the time needed to take a few extra notes, make some extra comments and do our fellow THPers and the manufacturers right and provide quality informaiton on the products that we test.

I agree, Bulldog, I did not do as goog as a job as I could of last time with my write-ups and I am going to try this time to do better. I think with the demo day being one entire day instead of a couple of hours before a round of golf it will allow us to slow down and take the time needed to take a few extra notes, make some extra comments and do our fellow THPers and the manufacturers right and provide quality informaiton on the products that we test.

I'm going to bring my video camera for live commentary that can be played back to remember and for Youtube posting, unless there are products that are embragoed in which case I will not cover them.

I'm going to bring my video camera for live commentary that can be played back to remember and for Youtube posting, unless there are products that are embragoed in which case I will not cover them.

NOt sue that will be allowed CB, especially anything new and yet to be released is going to be there. I was actually thinking of bringing a small voice recorder. I have one around here somewhere, if I find it I will bring it.

NOt sue that will be allowed CB, especially anything new and yet to be released is going to be there. I was actually thinking of bringing a small voice recorder. I have one around here somewhere, if I find it I will bring it.

I was joking but after reading it, it didn't come across well. I AM NOT BRINGING A VIDEO CAMERA AND IGNORE MY VERY NOT FUNNY POST!

I was joking but after reading it, it didn't come across well. I AM NOT BRINGING A VIDEO CAMERA AND IGNORE MY VERY NOT FUNNY POST!
But honestly, if it wasnt for pre released stuff, not a bad idea. Rhino, a voice recorders a grand idea! A guy could speak into it while hitting instead of stopping & writting things down.

No worries. We dont allow cameras and/or video cameras for obvious reasons.

But honestly, if it wasnt for pre released stuff, not a bad idea. Rhino, a voice recorders a grand idea! A guy could speak into it while hitting instead of stopping & writting things down.

The voice recorder is a great idea!

For all of you that are requesting equipment and worried that some stuff might not be out there come outing time, let your voice be heard. Requests have been going out to every company requested (and then some) and will continue to this week.

If you are on twitter and facebook, feel free tell the companies you want to see them involved.

For all of you that are requesting equipment and worried that some stuff might not be out there come outing time, let your voice be heard. Requests have been going out to every company requested (and then some) and will continue to this week.

If you are on twitter and facebook, feel free tell the companies you want to see them involved.

I really want to try the Heavy Driver and Wedges. The Tour Edge Exotics looks like something I would like to try also. I also asked Herbie's One Putt Wedge to send a wedge to you on twitter. His name is Kit Mungo and he said that he would. Did he contact you?

No worries. We dont allow cameras and/or video cameras for obvious reasons.

Arent most of if not all of the equipment already released this time around? Or are we still dealing with embargos?

Arent most of if not all of the equipment already released this time around? Or are we still dealing with embargos?

Depends on the companies and release dates. Not all companies release just in the Spring. It will also depend very much on how far forward the companies want the stuff in consumers hands. I mean Cleveland and Nike had stuff at the last outing that was close to 6 months ahead of release.

Depends on the companies and release dates. Not all companies release just in the Spring. It will also depend very much on how far forward the companies want the stuff in consumers hands. I mean Cleveland and Nike had stuff at the last outing that was close to 6 months ahead of release.

and it was very much appreciated!

Cleveland's stuff still isnt released. Seems like its been forever too.

I saw some new Odyssey White ice putters that Id love to see at the outing. In particular the #3 and also the Tour Black #8 too.

The access THP has to the unreleased gear is amazing and I can't wait to experience it first hand!

Probably because we're spoiled and last May was an eternity ago
Cleveland's stuff still isnt released. Seems like its been forever too.

I saw some new Odyssey White ice putters that Id love to see at the outing. In particular the #3 and also the Tour Black #8 too.

It's definitely an equipment orgy...be happy that it's on it's own separate day now whereas before you'd hit 200 balls and then go out play a full round of golf
The access THP has to the unreleased gear is amazing and I can't wait to experience it first hand!

It's definitely an equipment orgy...be happy that it's on it's own separate day now whereas before you'd hit 200 balls and then go out play a full round of golf

I'm still a little worried about hitting too many balls on the friday and then tiring myself out for the rest of the days. Going to have to consiously pace myself on the friday and try not to hit too many balls.

I'm still a little worried about hitting too many balls on the friday and then tiring myself out for the rest of the days. Going to have to consiously pace myself on the friday and try not to hit too many balls.

You and me both Cool. 12 hour drive on Thursday, hitting balls all day Friday, 2 rounds Saturday, 1 round Sunday with a 12 hour drive after. Needless to say my back is going to be cranky!!

Off the top of my head:
Machine putter
Bettinardi
Mills
Byron Morgan
More to come....

You and me both Cool. 12 hour drive on Thursday, hitting balls all day Friday, 2 rounds Saturday, 1 round Sunday with a 12 hour drive after. Needless to say my back is going to be cranky!!

Off the top of my head:
Machine putter
Bettinardi
Mills
Byron Morgan
More to come....

You guys will be alright. Just pace yourselves and be happy that there's no golf after demo day as that's what wore us out more. Then the adrenaline will kick in and you'll be on cloud 9.

You guys will be alright. Just pace yourselves and be happy that there's no golf after demo day as that's what wore us out more. Then the adrenaline will kick in and you'll be on cloud 9.

I can see the adrenaline kicking in, I'm just an average golfer to begin with but when I get tired bad things start to happen in my swing. I've already started doing golf specific exercises and hitting the driving range a little harder to sort of get my endurance up.

You say that now but Ive been twice and both times it was the same way. I hit till my arms almost feel off and even played golf after. And it was awesome.

You say that now but Ive been twice and both times it was the same way. I hit till my arms almost feel off and even played golf after. And it was awesome.

I can see that happening which is why I need to get into better golf shape.

Back