2012 Bridgestone Golf Ball Forum Review Thread

Ok this might be a little long, but here goes nothing.

Played 18 today and most of them were played with the B330S. Used a Callaway i(z) on a few holes to get a feel for whether the results I was seeing were from the B330S or from my swing (and also when there was trouble to avoid losing my testers). Played at Victoria Hills in Deland, FL. Weather was low 60s, not much wind.

The B330S is a great ball. But after my round today, I am pretty sure it is not the ball for me. I will of course continue to test and review it, maybe after some more time with it my mind will change. But if I was choosing a ball to game in a tournament tomorrow, it would not be the B330S. I’ll break this review down to woods, irons/full wedges, chipping/pitching, and putting.

Woods
The ball felt pretty good on contact, had a soft feel to it. I felt like I was 10-15 yards shorter with the B330S than I have been recently with the i(z) and/or Rocketballz. I have played this course a few times before, and was not reaching the same spots off the tee as I usually do. On the few holes where I teed off with the i(z), I ended up closer to where I would expect. The ball flight seemed higher than normal with the B330S on the first few holes. The ball seemed to come out with about the same launch angle (hard to know without a launch monitor) and then climb. It didn’t balloon like a ProV1 does when I use those, but it just seemed to keep climbing and climbing. Once it started descending, it wouldn’t come straight down but it would land fairly soft and only get about 5-10 yards of forward roll. Not getting forward roll off the tee is nothing new for me, I have struggled with that for quite a while (but that is a topic for another thread). I was not unhappy with the trajectory of the shot, it is just not what I would prefer. To confirm that the B330S was indeed going higher and shorter than the i(z) that I have been playing for the past few months, I hit some tee shots with it. Right off the bat, I could tell there was a difference between them. The i(z) felt more solid on impact and took off on a more penetrating trajectory. It peaked lower and descended flatter than the B330S. The carry seemed to be on par, but I would get 20-25 yards of forward roll with the i(z).The B330S did seem to fight side spin fairly well. The ball just seemed like it wanted to go straight. Have no numbers or data to back that up, just an observation. There wasn’t much wind to comment on that aspect of the ball. Overall, the B330S performed well off the tee with driver and 3 wood but I much preferred the ball flight and distance I have gotten used to getting with the i(z).

Irons / Full Wedges
Again, ball felt very good on contact. I am a fan of how these Bridgestones feel when you put a good swing on it. As good as it felt, I wish I didn’t have to say this, I was constantly about a club short. Time and time again I was coming up about 10 yards short on approaches. Again, to confirm this I would drop an i(z) and a similar swing would go 10-15 yards further. Similar to the driver, the ball would just continue to climb and then once it reached its peak it would land softly. On 8, 9, PW, and 52* shots, I was getting the ball to stop where it landed or back up as much as 8-10 feet. On 5, 6, and 7 shots, the ball would hit and one hop then stop. The only shots that were releasing and rolling out were ones that landed on a down or side slope. I don’t normally back up the i(z) any further than 5 feet and similar to the B330S, the only shots that really release forward more than a few feet are those that land on a slope. You could tell the B330S was spinning quite a bit and similar to off the tee, the ball just seems to want to fly straight. I had to hit an intentional hook around a tree at one point and the ball started turning and I thought it was going to be a great shot, but then the ball just straightened out and stopped turning over. My normal iron shot is one that lands hard and stays pretty close to where it hit the green, so I only really noticed the extra spin on the short irons that were backing up further. Overall, the B330S performed well, but it just flies a little too high and not quite far enough for me to want to switch to it.

Chipping/Pitching
I really liked the B330S around the green and on short pitches. The ball would hit, check, and roll a short distance. I really felt like I knew what the ball was going to do and in turn could play the appropriate shot. The feel on contact is great, it feels smooth and makes a sound that I enjoy. I started getting really aggressive with this ball trying to hole out my chips and pitches, unfortunately did not get any to drop. While the i(z) does not spin as much that B330S, it performs almost as well around the greens. The B330S checks a little harder and as a result stops a few feet quicker. I really enjoyed the sound and feel of the Bridgestone with a wedge in my hand, my biggest complaint with the i(z) is the sound and feel. While it performs almost as well as the B330S, it sounds and feels more like a $10/dozen ball. I enjoyed chipping and pitching with the Bridgestones today, and have in previous short game testing as well. Overall, I feel like the B330S really excels around the greens.

Putting
It took a while to get a good feel for this ball putting. I recently got a new putter (only have 4 rounds with it so far) and did not have time to warm up before the round. New putter, new ball, and no idea of the speeds, equals an interesting first few holes. The B330S felt soft on contact and kind of gave me the feeling that I did not hit the putt hard enough. There were quite a few putts today where I was surprised that the ball rolled as far as it did. The sound off the face was a nice dull “click”. It seemed to hold its line very well and roll pretty true. Overall, it was a good ball to putt with but didn’t seem much different from other premium balls.

To sum today’s experience, I feel like the B330S is a good ball and performed as advertised. And as much as I enjoyed chipping and pitching with this ball, it has not become my everyday ball just yet. I did not enjoy the loss in distance and the higher ball flight. This is only one round, so I will continue to play and test the B330S and try to remain open minded about it. Although I do not anticipate this being my new gamer, I would recommend this ball to people who need/want the extra spin and height.

I am really looking forward to giving the B330 a run next round and seeing if that ball will work better for me!

Well I was able to take the 330-RX/S out for another round today, and with the weather being nicer I was able to gt a good feel for them. I switched balls on every hole, so Odds were RXS and Evens were RX.

Driver: I still found the RXS to be a little longer and straighter for me, but the RX seemed to straighten out a bit for me this round. I also noticed the RXS to have a bit softer/muted feel/sound.

Woods: I don't play my woods that often in a round, but the few times I hit them off fairways and tees I actually found the RX to work a bit better with them, the stiffer feel helped quite a bit.

Hybrids: I really liked the RXS with my hybrids, which I play quite a bit, and found that the RX added less spin on these clubs and gave me a much better trajectory with them. It was an awesome mix between flight and spin.

Irons: This was probably where I found the least amount of difference between the two, if I had to pick a winner it would probably be the RX just based on feel.

Wedges: I really liked how the RXS gave me the performance and spin around the greens and on the short shots. The RX seemed to give me a lower trajectory but mush less spin.

Putter: The RX seemed to mesh well with my new FGP and gave me the right feedback I was looking for. The RXS seemed a bit softer and more muted.

AFter this one I'd say the RX was the winner for me. I'm probably more confused, but happy I finally have a ball I feel good with. It certainly fits me, now it's just a matter of narrowing it down!

Had the opportunity to get out to the range after lunch yesterday and after hitting about 100 balls I moved over to the putting green to chip and putt the B330-RXS balls. I began with the sand wedge at about 25 feet, I hit all 3 and got up and down with all three. I had enough green to play more of a running chip shot, which is what I would use on the course but I wanted to see how the RXS would spin and stop for me. All three actuall did roll about 7/8 feet leaving me past the hole with all three pitches of the pitches but still in very makeable range as attested by my making all three.

Next I chipped with the 8 iron to a pin at about 50 feet, I was pitching the ball low and actually got all three balls closer than the pitches with the sand wedge to 25'. Again I made all three. I then again took the sand wedge and pitched them to a target about 75" away, the balls rolled about 10' and stopped, I hit one of the pitches a little too hard and it was about 15" past the hole, I missed that putt but and one of the others from about 6', but made the 4 footer. so I got up and down on 7/9 pitch shots.

The RXS is not a spin machine, but it is easy to control with a minimum of practice. I like the feel and the fact that it is easy to adapt to in the greenside game.

Putting wise the ball is somewhat "firm" off of the putter face and rolls very true. I have been struggling with my game for the last month with my wifes surgery and recovery I am not getting out much, but yesterday when I had time to get a little more familar with this years RXS I feel that I may begin to score a little better as this ball just feels right. I hope to get out again tomorrow and will try to do another head to head with the RX and RXS. So far I still like the RXS a little better, but as the weather warms up a little we will see if that holds true.

Last edited:
Just realized I forgot to mention durability. Scuffed the B330S with a full 52* on the first hole with the ball and another one on the second hole with a 9 iron. Neither mark would make me stop playing the ball or alter the performance of the ball. But they def were there. I was alternating between two of them as I keep 2 in my pocket and probably left a total of 5 spots on them. Like I said nothing that would make me stop playing the ball but if you put a good wedge or short iron on it it'll leave a mark.

Got out to the practice green over the weekend. Weather wasn't great but just enough to chip/put some. I hit from about 30 feet off the green to 5 feet off the green, and got some pretty good results. My short game is either spot on, or way off. This weekend it was spot on. Initially I had found the RX more predictable for me, but hitting a ton of shots with these balls I found the RXS to be extremely versatile and predictable. I was getting expected roll-out with the RXS and getting close enough to the pin for a short putt. The RX would consistently roll past or more than I expected for me. I'm not amazing around the greens, but after 5 or so shots with the RXS I had some good confidence.

I have 4 balls left, 2 of each. After wedge practice, they still look pretty solid. These haven't seen full iron shots or driver yet, so I expect they'll last me a few rounds before I have to go buy more. Liking these a lot, though I'd like to try them off the tee against the e6 again.

Bridgestone B330-RX and RXS ball testing
2/25/12
Conditions: low-mid 40’s, 20wind, gust 30+, Turf wet, greens firm

Driving (3W): 8/14 Fairways
I played mostly with the RX today as I lost the RXS on the third hole. I had a pretty good driving day. My main problem was the holes that had 30+ left to right find gusts. Twice I thought I hit a good drive and it got pushed well right with the wind. On holes against the wind, the RX was able to cut through it nicely.

Irons: 4/18 greens
My irons play wasn’t that good. The current irons I am using are the Tour Edge XCG-4. I am getting the Ping i20’s to replace these one way or another. When I hit a good iron shot the RX performed great. There was not a ton of roll out when they hit the greens that I have seen with other balls. The one RXS iron shot I was able to take actually checked up a lot more than I anticipated.

Wedges:
The RX and RXS shined here for me today. On the par 5 #2, I hit a SW to about 1ft. The ball landed 1ft in front of the hole and ended up 1ft past. With the RX, I was able to control the ball with the chipping around the greens. It saved me plenty of strokes. The RXS to me definitely has more bite than the RX.

Putting: 27 total putts
Had a great day putting. I love the feel or both the RX and RXS. I had one three putt with the RXS but I blame that more on no practice putts. My chipping helped my putting greatly too. The RX felt nice and soft and I was able to put perfect speed on most of my putts. The RX rolls so true off the face of the putter. It is nice not to have to worry about ball performance when putting.

Final score for the round: 82 with two doubles and 2 birdies.

Just took a picture of the B330-RXS balls to show the covers. The two balls on the outside have each hit a cart path so I have them turned to show the scuffs. The two outside balls have 27+ holes on each, the center ball has less than 18 on it. The covers are holding up pretty well other than the scuffs, and my wedges are not shreading the RXS balls nearly as much as they did last years RX.

100_0887.jpg

Nice review!

Got out to the practice green today. It was about 36˚ with gusts up to 37 mph, per Weather Bug.

I was up in your neck of the woods for the past five days...that wind was crazy on Saturday. That wind was blowing right through me and made it feel that much colder...brrrr! No golf for me last weeekend :(

looks good DD, id kill to play the same ball for 27 holes, let alone still havfe them in decent shape like these

looks like they're holding up well for you DD...not too bad for a round and a half. Cart path burns?

looks good DD, id kill to play the same ball for 27 holes, let alone still havfe them in decent shape like these
My home course is pretty wide open and has only one carry over water, none of the rest of the water is really in play, makes a huge difference.

I'm curious has anyone played any other ball since being selected to test these?

I got out today and didn't play my B330-S/B330 to see if I saw any difference with other balls- I played a Z-star(first time ever playing it) and honestly didn't see any difference. Although I have missed the greenside spin from the B330-S.

got a chance to get out and play today since it was 55* and got a chance to put the B330-S and B330 out in play on and off. i used it for most of the holes but not for driving couldn't get my drives to stay in the fairways today. Anyway i didn't see any distance gains today with either of the balls i used them from 200 yard shots to 100 yard full shots. there wasn't any gain in distance for any of those shots. i wasn't losing any distance either i just think they are about the same as last years balls distance wise.... as for feel this years balls are softer than last years, hands down without a doubt softer. Honestly like i had said before i think the B330-S are too soft for me now almost like the Pentas became for me... i would only put the Pentas in play last year on courses that the greens were almost impossible to hold due to them being so hard or if they were bowl greens (like an upside down bowl) but for most rounds they were just so soft that i wasn't getting the roll out on chips and stuff that i really look for. So i think ill be switching to the B-330 Ball this year instead of the B330S after i run out of the B330-S from last year i still have a few dozen. I really do think they are a great ball and im glad i was able to test both kinds of balls or i might have just used the B330-S even though its pretty obvious after the rounds and practice that ive done the B330 is the better ball for my game. I still LOVE the way that these balls are for putting they just feel sooo good off the putter face im so glad that they still are amazing for putting as last years model. I had a bunch of nice shots today that i got some spin back on which i was seeing with last years B330-S also but this years were def getting more spin than i normally have on well hit shots. Glad i got another good round in with these balls and like i said i think im switching to the B330 this year and only because i like the way that checks and rolls out with chipping more than the B330-S unless i need that spin on tougher greens.... but Bridgestone def has 2 good balls this year in both of them.

Nice write-up, Buck!

I got out today and put both the B330RX and RXS into play for a few holes. I wanted to test one thing that I heard from a random guy who I got paired up with last week: "The ball doesn't matter, man." Well I put it into question, because I KNOW that the ball does matter, but just to prove it, I went to Wally World and picked up a box of rocks, AKA Wilson Maximum golf balls, and put them into play vs. the Bstones.

Let me tell you, there was NO contest there. Off of the tee, the Bstones flew at least 10 yards further on average, and the RX had a lot less sidespin than the Wilsons. Iron shots flew further as well with both the RX and RXS, again with less sidespin. I was much more accurate with the Bstones on good iron shots, and was holding greens a lot easier with them as well. The Wilsons had a lot of rollout comparatively. Off of chips, I had a lot more control and check out of both Bstone balls, with the RXS again reigning in greenside spin once again for me. And feel - wow, there wasn't a contest: the Wilsons felt like I was hitting a rock, while I could seemingly feel the compression of the RX and RXS off of the driver and FW on tee shots. The sound was also much more audible when I was hitting the Maximum, with a softer, more pleasant ting coming from the RX and RXS.

So, in short, the ball DOES matter, Mr. Random Hacker I met last week.

Date: 2/26/12
Weather: Low 50's, Sunny, Winds 10-15mph

I played 18 holes yesterday at a local course and mostly used the B330. I did switch with a Penta TP5 several times for comparison. I didn't have the best ball striking day and left myself with 12 chances to get up and down for par.

Bump and Run:

I found myself with a lot of chances to bump a 56* or 60* wedge and let the ball run to the hole. This is a shot I attempt a lot and found the B330 to act just like the ball I've been using before the testing. I did overcook a few and leave myself with some longer putts, but the greens were much quicker than I am used to. I couldn't tell a difference between the TP5 and B330 on these shots.

Bunker:

I found myself in two greenside bunkers yesterday. The shots were roughly 20 yards from the pin and I decided to use my 50* instead of the 56*. The first bunker was on a par 3 that had a pin tucked up on the back of the tiered green. I hit a little half wedge in hopes of landing the green and running up to the pin. I struck it well and the ball ran, but caught the weird slope in the green and did a hard right turn and followed the slope. Had I hit the ball a tad harder it would have made it up the slope and left me with a putt on the same tier as the pin. However, I set out to hit a chunk and run and the B330 did so. It didn't come out biting, which I think using the 56* would have.

The second shot was in a deep bunker (about chest high) and I was 10' or so from the lip facing another 20 yarder to the pin. I opted for the 50* again and opened up the blade a fair amount. I was intending to hit another runner, but I decelerated into the ball and barely made the lip leaving the ball int he rough. These were my first shots from the bunker with the B330/s ball and I definitely need to go practice some more. I hope to get out later this week and work on some shots with the 56* and 60* to see how the ball spins out of the sand.

Flop Shots:

I think I had to hit two or three flop shots yesterday, but one in particular sticks out in my mind. On the par 3 2nd, I hit a hard draw and found myself in between two trees with a 30 yard shot to the skinniest part of the green. I grabbed the 56* and opened it up in an attempt to land it close to the pin and leave myself with a chance at par. I struck the ball well and landed the ball a foot next to the hole, but it rolled out a little bit leaving me with a 12' putt from the fringe. I expected it to really bite, but the firmer greens and coming out of the rough didn't really allow for that.

Overall, I was very pleased with the performance of the B330 during my round. I think I'm going to pick up some more plates for my xFT's to see if it brings the bite back to the wedges. The weather is looking great again this week, so I have more practice planned and another round or two this weekend. I hope to get to the putting green tomorrow to work on some chipping and compare the B330 and B330s. I want to try and replicate that 30 yard flop shot with both balls to see how they compare.

Finally got to play 18 holes yesterday after coming back from work travel.

Golf Course: Spring Valley GC - Milpitas, CA
Weather - Slight overcast with a high of 55 degrees. Moderate Breeze

I played the B330 on the first 9 holes and put the B330-S into play during the 2nd 9.

B330 -
I felt that the B330 had a bit more of a solid feeling compared to the B330-S, but it's still a Tour inspired golf ball desinged to give you all the benefits of a tour ball with the durability and the distance of a 2 piece distance ball. In the wind, Bridgestone has it down to a science when it comes to ball carry against the wind. I compared a ProV1 against a B330 on a par 3, 177 yard against the wind. I ended up hitting a knocked down 4 Iron off the tee and both balls made it onto the green. Not sure how the spin affected the balls, but the B330 had a lower trajectory off the face and felt like the B330 had a hair more hangtime over the ProV1.

Driver distance was superb off the tee. Compared again to the ProV1 and the B330, the B330 felt like it flew at a tighter dispersion and carried at an average of 6 yards further over the ProV1.
Overall, the feel between the two balls are similar when you’re taking full shots with irons and drivers. But when it comes down to the wedge game and putting, it’s a little different. Compared to the ProV1, the B330 feels a bit more solid and spins a bit less with full wedge shots, but checks up nicely and stacks up well with the ProV1.

B330-S
Now these balls are probably my new gamer. The B330-S shares the same attributes as the B330, but with more spin. These balls spins great with my full wedge shots, checks up nicely with my chips and pitches, stops on a dime with the irons and pretty awesome distance off the tee (further than my ProV1). When comparing the B330, the B330-S and the ProV1 off the tee, the B330 went further than both balls (avg 4 yds further than B330-S and avg 8 yds further than ProV1). But the B330-S suits my game a bit more as it spins more on the greens.

In conclusion, Bridgestone has put out great products for us “hackers” and pros alike. These balls perform great in the winds, spins and checks up like nobody’s business on the greens and the distance awesome off the tees.

Nice write ups guys, really enjoying following this testing. Keep up the good work!

Nice write-up, Buck!

I got out today and put both the B330RX and RXS into play for a few holes. I wanted to test one thing that I heard from a random guy who I got paired up with last week: "The ball doesn't matter, man." Well I put it into question, because I KNOW that the ball does matter, but just to prove it, I went to Wally World and picked up a box of rocks, AKA Wilson Maximum golf balls, and put them into play vs. the Bstones.

Let me tell you, there was NO contest there. Off of the tee, the Bstones flew at least 10 yards further on average, and the RX had a lot less sidespin than the Wilsons. Iron shots flew further as well with both the RX and RXS, again with less sidespin. I was much more accurate with the Bstones on good iron shots, and was holding greens a lot easier with them as well. The Wilsons had a lot of rollout comparatively. Off of chips, I had a lot more control and check out of both Bstone balls, with the RXS again reigning in greenside spin once again for me. And feel - wow, there wasn't a contest: the Wilsons felt like I was hitting a rock, while I could seemingly feel the compression of the RX and RXS off of the driver and FW on tee shots. The sound was also much more audible when I was hitting the Maximum, with a softer, more pleasant ting coming from the RX and RXS.

Guys like that are really annoying. Was he a 30 handicap carrying clubs that are 15 years old? There's a guy in my group who can never find a driver that works for him, so he literally owns 12 from the past 2 years. He won't hear it when we tell him to get fit. Then when he hits his first drive 250 then his second drive 220 and it's the exact same swing, he doesn't understand that it's because the second time was using an old no-name ball that was all cut up. Ball does matter.

Some really great write ups guys, Really enjoy reading all the different thoughts one these balls. I too am wondering about the playability of the B330 and B330S for people right around the 105 number. When my shop gets these in I may have to try them...when the weather is a bit warmer. :D

I'm curious has anyone played any other ball since being selected to test these?

I got out today and didn't play my B330-S/B330 to see if I saw any difference with other balls- I played a Z-star(first time ever playing it) and honestly didn't see any difference. Although I have missed the greenside spin from the B330-S.
I've played quite a few other balls also, Srixon Q-Star, Z-Star and a few of the Callaway i series...not that different, but I do really like the feel of the RXS off the driver right now. We are generally teeing off just below 40 degrees, and it just seems to be a bit softer for me in the cold. When the greens thaw and get soft, it also seems to stop a bit quicker on them, but I tend to hit the ball really high, so it's not a dramatic zip back for me. Just a small thing.

So I got some good pictures today comparing the backspin of the RX to a few different balls. Then it occurred to me that my camera isn't set up with my new computer. I'll mess around with it a little, see if I can;t get it to work. Anyway, I'm really loving the spin control that these dual dimples provide. Shear spin numbers this isn't as spinny as a ProV1, but it has more control. I'm manipulating some sidespin with it!

So I got some good pictures today comparing the backspin of the RX to a few different balls. Then it occurred to me that my camera isn't set up with my new computer. I'll mess around with it a little, see if I can;t get it to work. Anyway, I'm really loving the spin control that these dual dimples provide. Shear spin numbers this isn't as spinny as a ProV1, but it has more control. I'm manipulating some sidespin with it!

Good to hear if you are having better control.

I have not and will not until the testing is over. I know what my usual does, I want to see if this stands up.

Nice write-up, Buck!

The ball helps, but a lot of technique goes into playing. With the proper technique it can make a rock dance, fly or stop.
I'm not saying he is right but there is some truth in his statement. But I'm sure it would have been different had you given him a free sleeve.

got out for another round today and put the bridgestone B330 in play all day today. i had a good round shot 3 over par... had a lot better control with my driver today slowed my swing down today a little bit and was roping them down the middle of most of the fairways. hit 10/14 today much better than yesterday when i wasn't using the Bridgestones off the tee except on the par 3s. i don't have my normal driver still so its hard to say if i gained or loss distance on my drives today but i will say they were a lot straighter than they have been my last couple rounds. Hitting fairways has been the big difference for me on scoring good rounds and having to try to scramble to have a decent round so it was nice today to put myself into position for a good round and making a high GIR percentage. As for GIR today was one of my best GIR in a while, not only was i making a high GIR but i was able to control my distance really well today too so a lot of my GIR were close to the pins.... i hit 13/18 GIR today and had another 2 that were on the fringe. i was really impressed with my distance control with these balls today i had a bunch of shots between 80-100 yards so i was hitting a lot of "feel" shots where i had to gauge how hard i had to swing and the ball held my lines well and was landing pin high on a lot of these which lead to 2 easy birdies today. Chipping was good today i have started to get a good feel for how the B330 rolls out now so i had a couple nice chips on the few greens i missed. putting today was solid as well i didn't have any 3 jacks i did 2 putt most today but im using a new putter and still getting a feel for it so i don't think it was the balls fault at all. All in all Lots of decent shots today and was able to do what i wanted to do with the balls whether trying to get some spin back or stick a couple lob shots close. I have been very pleased with the performance of these balls. I also wanted to comment on the durability of these balls. i did hit a cart path yesterday and i used that ball in the beginning of my round today and i was surprised at how little it was scuffed. I think these are just as durable as last years balls which i think were plenty durable for a premium ball.

Got to take out the 330 and 330s yesterday and had an alright round of 9 being 5 over, kind of disappointed, but it's the beginning of the year. I continued to test these balls and the results speak for themselves. I compared the 330, 330s, and last year's gamer, the Pro-V1x. I hit all 3 on the first hole, and I had about a 10 mph wind into my face. Of all of these, it seemed that the 330 went longer, the 330S was about 5-10 yards shorter, with the Pro-V1x right next to it. On the 2nd shot into the green, I hit a PW from 120 from the same spot. I hit them all well, and the B330S was definitely the "spinniest." However, I hit this one 5 yards longer than I wanted, even though I swore I had the right swing. I hit the 330 and Pro-V1x and they went at the right distance. The 330 had great spin, the Pro-v1x was a little less, but manageable. Before I left, I took another 330S to make sure it wasn't a freak accident, and it did the same thing as the first one, 5 yards longer and great spin. On the next hole I had a 100 mph crosswind and hit them right up into the wind to test the ball flight. I hit the prov first and it took the wind fairly easily, the 330S wasn't as bad, but still took the wind, and the 330 was the exception, I hit it great and it kept its boring trajectory with very minimal effects from the wind and went 20 yards longer. Fast forward to the 4th hole, a short par 3, I hit the 330 and 330s with a 9 iron from 130 and the B330S still went longer than I wanted. The 330 was hit great and ended up 5 feet form the pin, easy birdie, exciting me. I do not know why the B330S kept going longer than the 330 on iron and wedge shots and shorter on drives, but I still believe that the 330 is the perfect ball for me. The durability I found was right along the lines of everyone else, pretty great. I hit one shot up into the wind with a 330 and it hit right on the cart path, and had a very minimal scuff. However, when I strike one with a wedge pretty nicely, it'll leave a grayish smudge that looks like a scuff, but wipes right off. No problem, but sometime will take a small bit of the cover off. So far, there's only been one causality of the 6 balls, as I lost a 330S after hitting an awful slice that took the crosswind and went straight OB into the woods, protected well with brambles. My brother has also put these into play for a couple holes, and he prefers the 330S, and doesn't have the wierd distance problem that I am. I'm still unsure what's going on with the 330S, but I still prefer the 330!

Back