2012 Project X PXi Iron Shafts

chunky, I know this is a bit vague, but can you compare these to graphite iron shafts and KBS Tours?

I just saw this and I am sorry it took so long to get back to you. Quite honestly they launch slightly higher than a PX shaft normally does. I would honestly equate them to the PX graphite in terms of launch. I would compare them to KBS in terms of both launch and feel. With KBS being slightly better FOR ME in both categories. But PXi is a far better feeling shaft than any other PX steel shaft I have ever hit

I just saw this and I am sorry it took so long to get back to you. Quite honestly they launch slightly higher than a PX shaft normally does. I would honestly equate them to the PX graphite in terms of launch. I would compare them to KBS in terms of both launch and feel. With KBS being slightly better FOR ME in both categories. But PXi is a far better feeling shaft than any other PX steel shaft I have ever hit

Awesome. That's the exact info I was looking for. Thanks.

Siri speaks for me!

Chunky, what KBS shaft would you compare these to or which KBS shaft would you pick over these?

Chunky, what KBS shaft would you compare these to or which KBS shaft would you pick over these?

I have only hit the KBS90 once or twice. When I say KBS, I always mean KBS Tours. The KBS Tours are probably the best shaft I have played. While I'm digging the PXi, the Tours have been so good for me in a number of iron sets so far. I find the PXi are quite similar to the Tours

If they are higher than a normal PX shaft they would be no bueno for me...I hit the PX 5.5's a mile high now.

I have only hit the KBS90 once or twice. When I say KBS, I always mean KBS Tours. The KBS Tours are probably the best shaft I have played. While I'm digging the PXi, the Tours have been so good for me in a number of iron sets so far. I find the PXi are quite similar to the Tours

Very interesting. Thanks for the perspective!

Siri speaks for me!

Dudes they are higher than normal PX FOR ME and also eyeballed. No fancy radars or cool toys. By my eye, for my swing, the PXi's are a higher flighted shaft than the normal PX. Could be different for you. Night and day difference in feel though. More like KBS feel

Don't act like you aren't a fancy boy.

Well my X-Forged are on the way, including the PXi 6.0. I might give up a couple of yards over the 5.5, but I find the sweet spot a lot more consistently. Don't know why, but even though I was fitted for my i20 w/ s300's, my iron play has been lousy with them. Was so much better with AP2 w/ KBS Tour. Hoping that the X-Forged eclipse that! As for the PXi, my experience is limited so far but they feel awfully similar to the KBS Tour...but...I can feel the clubhead a lot more with the PXi.

Dudes they are higher than normal PX FOR ME and also eyeballed. No fancy radars or cool toys. By my eye, for my swing, the PXi's are a higher flighted shaft than the normal PX. Could be different for you. Night and day difference in feel though. More like KBS feel

Titleist's shaft comparison chart agrees with you.

Thanks for the head's up, sometimes the eyeball method aids and leads to the feel as well!

FYI:
px_chart_0810.png

That's a cool chart man!! I've always wondered whether the flexes flowed through their offerings well or not.

Yeah. I found it real helpful when comparing these PXi and the flighted.

Siri speaks for me!

The chart above only shows PX and PX flighted, PXi plays softer than both.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

Well after months of playing around with C-Tapers, KBS Tours, PX Flighted, DG, and NS Pros I have finally found the shaft I love. These launchslightly higher than what im used to, but the feel is by far the best. Was kind of worried coming from a 125g shaft to a 112g shaft, but man do these feel amazing. Cant wait to get my irons back from the shop!

Well after months of playing around with C-Tapers, KBS Tours, PX Flighted, DG, and NS Pros I have finally found the shaft I love. These launchslightly higher than what im used to, but the feel is by far the best. Was kind of worried coming from a 125g shaft to a 112g shaft, but man do these feel amazing. Cant wait to get my irons back from the shop!

What flex did you get?

Love the dispersion, flight and feel of mine. Went from the initial full on of 6.5 during an initial fitting, to a more controlled 5.5 and am still enjoying these with a controlled, smooth swing.

The new KBS has me pondering, but just a distant, faint request.

I've dabbled into some heavier shafts lately and never want to go back up the gram scale.

What flex did you get?
I went with the 6.0. I played around with the 6.5's for about an hour. Had great results with both but I wanted to launch the ball a bit higher in my long irons.

I went with the 6.0. I played around with the 6.5's for about an hour. Had great results with both but I wanted to launch the ball a bit higher in my long irons.

Smart thinking! Like your choice.

In person, these things look amazing, and on the Trusty Rust 57* SW I think it's going to be an awesome combo, I love the fact that the graphics are turned under and at address you can't see any of them. I know it's a small thing, but sometimes the details really mean a lot.

Debating these shafts or the Modus 3 for my G25 irons. Most fit carts don't have Either. Anyone compare the 2? Also, How do these flight compared to PX Flighted?

PXI 5.5 vs KBS tour "R" shafts in my Ping I 20's

PXI 5.5 vs KBS tour "R" shafts in my Ping I 20's

I just compared my I 20's with the KBS tour "R" to I 20"s with PXI 5.5. The distance difference seems slight on pure hits. The trajectory however is somewhat higher with the PXI's, more so with 8 thru U wedge. the club is definately a bit lighter with PXI.overall , it's very close to even but the PXI feels a bit better and I think I like the higher ball flight to. Close call but leaning to PXI 5.5

Please don't say that, Chunky. I was just struggling T decide between KBSTs I already have in my i20s and CFS:at-wits-end:

question regarding pxi 5.5 and rocketbladez

question regarding pxi 5.5 and rocketbladez

Hi guys,
I am new at this and need your help!

I own the 2012 TM Rocketbladez irons with stock steel shafts, but want to swap those shafts for pxi 5.5 shafts.

1)Can this be done? I believe I read that stock rocketbladez shafts have a standard tip of .370. However, i see that the pxi shafts seem to have a .355 tips. Would a builder at golf galaxy be able to adjust that?

2)I am thinking about buying the shaft set at ebay, but they sell sets from 3i to Pi. I want shafts from 5i to Lobe wedge. What can I do about this?

I apologize in advance if these questions are a bit dumb! Any help will be much appreciated.

Regards,
Trevor

Back