2013 Fitness & Nutrition Thread With Coach Beard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for sharing that!

Join the weight less thread for sure, I think you will see increased stamina and focus.

84lbs down, zero distance added.

More room to swing in front tho, gut doesn't get in the way of arms!!

Congrats on losing that much man! That's quite a mountain.

Can you please merge this thread with that one? I didn't realize there was already a weight loss group on the forums. Thank you so much!

Sure thing.

84lbs down, zero distance added.

More room to swing in front tho, gut doesn't get in the way of arms!!

As a gym instructor I see no possible way weight loss equates to distance gains. Increased strength and lessons are the only way the ad distance.

If that fails buy the Callaway East Fit Xtreme it's a beast

On Mondays,Wednesdays, and Fridays I work out on my Bowflex in the evenings, On Tuesdays and Thursdays I do 30 minutes on my Bowflex Treadclimber. I plan on incorperating yoga in the mornings Monday thru Friday.

Don't really see how weight loss alone could increase distance, but if you are improving flexibility when losing this weight then yeah.. I can see how distance could be gained. Keep up the good work man, if you feel like losing some muscle send it my way. :)

Don't really see how weight loss alone could increase distance, but if you are improving flexibility when losing this weight then yeah.. I can see how distance could be gained. Keep up the good work man, if you feel like losing some muscle send it my way. :)

All the muscle is hidden deep under fat,lol

Since January I have lost around 15 pounds, I know hover between 165-170 and I don't really want to lose much more weight. I started working a lot more with my core, I try to do yoga via youtube classes 4-5 times a week and core workouts and I feel like that has had a bigger impact on my swing but then again I don't have much to back it up in terms of data. I do feel like I can swing freer, I have more stamina and balance which are all good things for golf.

Got to the gym early early 3 days at the end of last week and this AM. Feeling really good considering we are in the process of moving. Going to be tough the next few days.

month #2 of the insanity part 2 started tonight, not nearly as grueling as the first go around

yeah, easier doing certain things weighing 60 lbs less

some day im hoping it will be easier to hit a golf ball lol

bahahhhaa. me too.

Crossfit 3 times a week and 5k training has sufficiently messed up my swing. I don't know what to do because I need to lose weight.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Crossfit 3 times a week and 5k training has sufficiently messed up my swing. I don't know what to do because I need to lose weight.

How has it messed up your swing?

How has it messed up your swing?

I am never recovered enough and constantly in some state of fatigue. I can't get my rotation tempo right anymore but I definitely have drunk the the crossfit Kool Aid.

I am never recovered enough and constantly in some state of fatigue. I can't get my rotation tempo right anymore but I definitely have drunk the the crossfit Kool Aid.

Well then I think its more of a matter of building your stamina up, you gotta start somewhere.

Sometimes after a hard WOD, I swing the club better. I think it is because I am less tense after a tough workout. Though, sometimes after big lifts, my back isn't quite as flexible later in the day, so that has come back to bite me a few times in a round.

After completing P90x back in early May, and about 3 weeks off, I'm finally back in the full workout groove. I have a 6 day schedule, with one of those days typically being optional. 3 lift days, 3 run days. Sometimes, I cut out the run day on Wednesdays, just depends how I feel those mornings. Got in this morning, and just feel great now.

~Rock

After completing P90x back in early May, and about 3 weeks off, I'm finally back in the full workout groove. I have a 6 day schedule, with one of those days typically being optional. 3 lift days, 3 run days. Sometimes, I cut out the run day on Wednesdays, just depends how I feel those mornings. Got in this morning, and just feel great now.

~Rock

I took a few weeks off myself and I am trying to get back into it. Definitely doing things a little easier this time. Averaging 3 lift days a week and a lot of yoga and core in between.

Went to the gym to do weights today for the first time in 6 weeks since i started training for the half marathon. Decided to do legs and abs. It was a great session plenty of deep squats and plyometrics just for the hell of it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back