2013 Fitness & Nutrition Thread With Coach Beard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you tried the recovery formula along with it? Ive been using it since the beginning and have noticed it has curved my need to eat after I workout. That used to be my achilles heel. I would work my tail off only to binge afterwards. I'm hoping the shakes after workouts continue to fill me up.

When I read that he almost puked during the fit test, it made me think of you. Haha

Dude it was horrible. I just layed in the floor thinking, "omg what have i done?"

Have you tried the recovery formula along with it? Ive been using it since the beginning and have noticed it has curved my need to eat after I workout. That used to be my achilles heel. I would work my tail off only to binge afterwards. I'm hoping the shakes after workouts continue to fill me up.

No I didnt, usually would eat a protein bar or something to hold me over

Back at it tonight. Going to run or lift. Depends on the time frame but something athletic will be done!!

On Sunday, I decide to do my own version of Insanity. First I biked 30 miles on the Erie Canal path, then had a little over an hour break and followed it up by walking 18 holes. Body felt great afterwards but not so much the next morning. Nothing a long hot shower couldn't handle.

But if you told me a year ago that I would do that much in a day, probably would have told you that was crazy.

On Sunday, I decide to do my own version of Insanity. First I biked 30 miles on the Erie Canal path, then had a little over an hour break and followed it up by walking 18 holes. Body felt great afterwards but not so much the next morning. Nothing a long hot shower couldn't handle.

But if you told me a year ago that I would do that much in a day, probably would have told you that was crazy.

I am a big fan of the foam rollers and lacrosse balls. I use those nearly everyday now to work out my muscles and to help with flexibility in the upper back and hips.

Nice dude!!! Sounds like a super day!!

I am a big fan of the foam rollers and lacrosse balls. I use those nearly everyday now to work out my muscles and to help with flexibility in the upper back and hips.

That is a great idea. Once I was able to stretch yesterday and got the blood flowing , I was fine. I like the idea of the foam roller and will give that a try. Thanks!!

This is what I did yesterday and today. I did a dumbbell sleigh incline press instead of barbell just because it was easier to make that work in the gym. And today I did day 2. The farmers walk was basically a static hold. The gym was too crowded to walk around hold dumbbells.

upypuses.jpg

Failed my first attempt at 7 miles the other day but had another go yesterday and BOOM. Got the 7 miles done in 69 mins. Was very happy with how it went. So much so that i felt i could have done more but just didn't have the time, had to start work.

Gonna keep pushing now as i'm only 4 weeks out from raceday

The wife and I started a couch to 5k program and crossfit. Our crossfit workout for tonight is as follows:
50 deadlifts (stopping every minute to do two burpees)
Then
50 burpees (stopping every minute to do two deadlifts) :eek:

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

The wife and I started a couch to 5k program and crossfit. Our crossfit workout for tonight is as follows:
Then

Crossfit is no joke!! Good luck!!

So I finally picked up a fitbit and it arrived today, actually quite comfortable and the sync with my computer or iphone was quite seemless. We will see how it actually affects my golf swing, but for now it'll work, while I'm working!

So I finally picked up a fitbit and it arrived today, actually quite comfortable and the sync with my computer or iphone was quite seemless. We will see how it actually affects my golf swing, but for now it'll work, while I'm working!

Jealous!! I want one.

This is what I did yesterday and today. I did a dumbbell sleigh incline press instead of barbell just because it was easier to make that work in the gym. And today I did day 2. The farmers walk was basically a static hold. The gym was too crowded to walk around hold dumbbells.

upypuses.jpg

Looks good Blu! Funny about the Farmers walks! I love them, and used to do them quite a bit when I had my own home gym. Really great for grip training. I would do them sometimes and walk up the steps to make it even tougher - great exercise! Tough to do them in a public gym like you said though...

Why is there a pic of a gorilla arm? Haha I have the clip version of it and to be honest, I stopped using it after 2 weeks. Once you get into a routine at work, the steps generally are the same. I could never get past the burning calories while sleeping thing.

Then

10:59 of hell but it was rewarding. My back is jacked up right now.

The wife and I didn't want to wait so we went with the Bodymedia Link armbands which we like (doesn't affect swing). Hopefully I don't regret but I am waiting to hear your feedback.

I've been working out with a friend at night, I much prefer my old routine but so be it, better than nothing.

upypuses.jpg

Nice dude!! Looks awesome. Glad you are finding time to get back in there bro!

I've been working out with a friend at night, I much prefer my old routine but so be it, better than nothing.

Anything is better than nothing my man. Keep it up!

Nice dude!! Looks awesome. Glad you are finding time to get back in there bro!

Thx. It's been two days since I did those squats. My legs aren't working right yet. I love that feeling.

Weight Loss and Golf

Weight Loss and Golf

I recently read in Golf Digest that losing 20 pounds could add up to twenty yards to your drives so that really inspired me to get back into shape. In high school my playing weight hovered around 250 and a little after I had gotten down to as low as 200 but after a few years of not taking care of my body I ballooned up to around 320. A few weeks ago I started weight watchers at 316 and am now down to 299. I'm not saying I've gained 20 yards on my drives but my swing is feeling alot smoother and I seem to be gaining a little distance. Where I see the real improvements in is hitting my hybrids and fairway woods off the deck. I just ordered a yoga for golf dvd and am hoping it helps my swing improve. I'm really exciting about lowering my weight and hopefully lowering my scores too! If you guys have any advice you could share please do! Thanks guys and girls!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back