2013 Fitness & Nutrition Thread With Coach Beard

Status
Not open for further replies.
We talked at the outing. I really believe you need to get out and walk every day. Getting your legs stronger, getting your cardio up and get in shape in the process. There is not Marc formula buddy. You gotta dedicate the next two months to getting into a position that will allow you to play 54 holes in 90+ heat.

Ill be doing the same, I felt it this weekend more than I ever have. Being a good shape will help me and others get through the weekend.

And I listened to you my friend.. I walked a bit Monday morning at Reunion and then a bit this morning. I do listen when you speak. Like the lowering the ball on the tee, worked fine after, thank you Freddie Kong!!

Start with a half hour every night for a week, jump to 45min the next two weeks and then an hour after that. This combined with water consumption and possible diet change is the easiest way to reduce blood pressure, cholesterol, and weight. It will also get you into some serious shape.

We talked at the outing. I really believe you need to get out and walk every day. Getting your legs stronger, getting your cardio up and get in shape in the process. There is not Marc formula buddy. You gotta dedicate the next two months to getting into a position that will allow you to play 54 holes in 90+ heat.

Ill be doing the same, I felt it this weekend more than I ever have. Being a good shape will help me and others get through the weekend.

i think i'm gonna start walking more as well and change my diet a bit. i felt great playing 36 every day only a little dehydrated on the back 9 the one day and i pounded a water. i actually am not that sore but i think the heat wasn't to bad this weekend and i know its gonna be A LOT worse in myrtle and then in Vegas come september so if i can drop a few lbs and get in better shape i know it can't hurt me.

Good info. I've started walking more this year. In the afternoon heat I think it will help out a lot. It can double as a workout and golf practice. Win-Win

Start with a half hour every night for a week, jump to 45min the next two weeks and then an hour after that. This combined with water consumption and possible diet change is the easiest way to reduce blood pressure, cholesterol, and weight. It will also get you into some serious shape.

I think diet change is a must when trying to lose weight. It's generally why we get in the shape we are in. Not saying it has to be drastic but small serving sizes and less processed food are a start.

My buddy wanted to start working out with me so I started going at night with him. He wants to lose weight and I said I'd help the best I could. We did the workouts but he's slugging back full pizzas and a case of beer on the weekend. Nothing is going to change like that.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
I think diet change is a must when trying to lose weight. It's generally why we get in the shape we are in. Not saying it has to be drastic but small serving sizes and less processed food are a start.

My buddy wanted to start working out with me so I started going at night with him. He wants to lose weight and I said I'd help the best he could. We did the workouts but he's slugging back full pizzas and a case of beer on the weekend. Nothing is going to change like that.

You are right about the diet. It's important to remember that 6 pack abs are made in the gym. They're made in the kitchen.

Hey folks, sorry I haven't been around much the last few days. Really crazy stuff happened at home this weekned and I didn't get to workout out or get on THP. Hopefully that will change this week. Keep up all the great work though!!! Really inspiring posts coming in!

I am down 30 pounds now. It is amazing, I picked up a 30 pound dumbell at the gym yesterday and thought holy crap I have lost this much weight off my body. It was pretty crazy

I am down 30 pounds now. It is amazing, I picked up a 30 pound dumbell at the gym yesterday and thought holy crap I have lost this much weight off my body. It was pretty crazy

Awesome news dude. It is crazy that we can carry that amount of weight on us.

Has anyone in here tried a Chia Bar? I have been in search of something easy to eat for a small afternoon snack that has very few calories - and yesterday I came across this and tried the Acai Berry bar. I actually really liked it - and with the protein and fiber I found that the small bar actually filled me up quite well for the remainder of the afternoon and took me easily right until dinner.

I am just not too up to speed on how to read a nutrional label properly. It seems pretty solid, but I would love to hear anyone's opinions on them..

Thanks!

i think i'm gonna start walking more as well and change my diet a bit. i felt great playing 36 every day only a little dehydrated on the back 9 the one day and i pounded a water. i actually am not that sore but i think the heat wasn't to bad this weekend and i know its gonna be A LOT worse in myrtle and then in Vegas come september so if i can drop a few lbs and get in better shape i know it can't hurt me.
Start cooking bro!

Start cooking bro!

its hard when you cook for 1 it gets expensive but you're right thats the easiest way for me to lose weight is to not eat fast food 2 times a day. i'm lucky i'm not obese in all seriousness. and i'm sure my cholesterol is high. i have been watching what i eat a little bit and i know if i eat better and start walking every day and continue my normal work outs i should be great.

Hire me as your personal chef.

its hard when you cook for 1 it gets expensive but you're right thats the easiest way for me to lose weight is to not eat fast food 2 times a day. i'm lucky i'm not obese in all seriousness. and i'm sure my cholesterol is high. i have been watching what i eat a little bit and i know if i eat better and start walking every day and continue my normal work outs i should be great.

Dude, when Erin is out of town I cook one night (chili for example) and make plenty extra and put them all in leftover containers. Lunch and/or Dinner for like 3 nights. But I know what you mean, so freaking easy just to grab and go.

Dude, when Erin is out of town I cook one night (chili for example) and make plenty extra and put them all in leftover containers. Lunch and/or Dinner for like 3 nights. But I know what you mean, so freaking easy just to grab and go.

i don't usually do leftovers.... haha i'm kinda weird. but yeah i need to start doing it.

This is what I have been doing. Multiple meals makes it super easy!

i don't usually do leftovers.... haha i'm kinda weird. but yeah i need to start doing it.

Take an hour or so on Sunday night and make a few different things for the week. Thats what my wife and I do. Especially with trying to get a kid ready in the morning every day it makes it hard to prepare food every day.

Take an hour or so on Sunday night and make a few different things for the week. Thats what my wife and I do. Especially with trying to get a kid ready in the morning every day it makes it hard to prepare food every day.

He doesn't do leftovers... And he sips on drinks with his pinky sticking out.

This is what I have been doing. Multiple meals makes it super easy!

I've been doing the opposite. One large meal and two smaller snacks. I have never had as much energy or recovered faster from workouts.

I've been doing the opposite. One large meal and two smaller snacks. I have never had as much energy or recovered faster from workouts.

No I mean multiple meals planned out/made at once. I do something very similar to what you do too Blu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back