2013 THP Masters Contest & Thread Sponsored By TaylorMade

Great touch from Fowler there.

Hmm, some the more well known slow players.

Na - 29
Crane - 37
Tiger - 37

Na, Holmes, Mahan, Keegan. I counted them as the young guys on tour considering the average age on tour is ~35. Immelman and Matt Jones are also known to be slow and they're under that average age as well.

Great pitch by Rickie there. I'd like to see him keep it up!

Guan owning up to it. 50 seconds to execute and he changed clubs because of the wind. He respects the decision.

Guan handled his interview like a boss.

Well spoken young man, very bright future ahead.

Tom Rinaldi is grilling this kid trying to bait him into saying something and he just answered like a champion. What a stud!

Guan owning up to it. 50 seconds to execute and he changed clubs because of the wind. He respects the decision.

He was nothing but class during that entire interview. Full respect for him on that.

Dude it's the opposite. Half the guys in the field should be penalized, not just him. That rule is never enforced, but they "bent" it just for him

This sounds just a bit to "conspiracy theory" for me. Do some of you actually believe that something like this happened - The officials got together and said, "you know we haven't penalized anyone in many, many years, so I think we should do it at this years Masters." "We'll pick on the 14 year old kid that has been in countless ESPN vignettes, because no one really cares about him or anything."

Just saw the interview with the kid. Hats off to him. Handled it well.

I give that kid credit. He might be 14 but damn he is mature and just handled himself very well.

Guan showing so much maturity in his interview.

It's not like any other tour pro would second guess their club selection because of swirling wind...or back off of a ball a few times...sigh. The ruling just doesn't hold water.

2013 THP Masters Contest & Thread Sponsored By TaylorMade

I guess I'm in a minority LOL. Just been asked what he thought of the penalty. "I respect the decision". Whether he means that or not, and I suspect he doesn't, fair play to him. As I said earlier, another 5 years and it'll be Tiger who??

Good on Faldo for basically saying it was a bunk call

I guess I'm in a minority LOL. Just been asked what he thought if the penalty. "I respect the decision". Whether he means that or not, and I suspect he doesn't, fair play to him. As I said earlier, another 5 years and it'll be Tiger who??

He answered it how he was suppose to. Does he like it? Probably not, who would. I have no idea how you can call the kid out on that.

Tiger -3

Tiger with a great birdie at 5.

What the Phrick was that approach shot, Phil?

That was a great birdie. His putter might be heating up.

He answered it how he was suppose to. Does he like it? Probably not, who would. I have no idea how you can call the kid out on that.

Er, I didn't!

tiger's shirt makes me feel like frying some eggs

This could be a really good leaderboard heading to the weekend. Couples, Furyk, Cabrera, Rose, Scott, TW, Fowler and who knows. Guys like Westwood, Sneds, Schwartzel, Dufner, and Donald are all right there now. Going to be fun to see how it finishes up after today

Guan handled that interview like a champ. I can't even imagine how I would've handled that at age 14. Major kudos to him, I will be rooting for him from here on out simply because of how he handled that. Seems like a good kid, with a heck of a golf game, and a great head on his shoulders. Not much more you could ask for out of a 14 year old.

I'm one of the bigger tiger fans I know, but even if he wins, I could literally care less. I was really pulling for this Guan kid. I'm not happy about this and it has ruined this years masters for me.

Dude, my Bridgestone J40 that I ordered is a BOMBER! Love that GD ADDi 7 shaft!

The question of the day is, Will Fowler follow DJ?

Back