2014 Fitness & Nutrition Thread With Coach Beard

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what I did and pretty much my go-to when I'm struggling more than one session in a row w/ it. My upper body tends to not tilt back enough and I create a bigger moment arm or however you say it.

It should be your go to every time. Not just when you're struggling.

No, I mean re-reading Rip Tips.

Huge breakthrough on OHP this morning - finally hit the 1 plate mark! Never thought I would make it after starting with barely more than the bar about a year ago.

That's beastly dude. Nicely done!

Thanks! Seriously took me about 10 seconds to get to lockout, but I got there nonetheless.

For the love of {whatever} God {you pray to}, can we make it a federal offense to do curls in a squat rack?

I really just want to take pictures of all the crazy stuff I'm seeing right now.

I strongly recommend having the protein with fat. Without fat intake, the protein uptake is much slower. (I have my one scoop - 30g with a glass of whole milk) :)
Oh i do, but I make sure it's healthy fat. I started eating a lot of almonds now. Seen that there good for you and there not to bad of a treat.

For the love of {whatever} God {you pray to}, can we make it a federal offense to do curls in a squat rack?
Amen Brotha! Especially since most of the big gyms have so few of them.

Amen Brotha! Especially since most of the big gyms have so few of them.
There are more smith machines here than squat racks. I have no idea what goomba made that decision.

Yeah. I just made a plateu weight my biotch. I'm happy with that.

Q: Whose the idiot who wore shorts on power clean night?

A: this guy

Shorts and knee socks are best for power cleans. Just saying.

Sounds like the gym here. People must really like their 2D lifts.
There are more smith machines here than squat racks. I have no idea what goomba made that decision.

Protein question: what do y'all think about 20g of casein before bed? I used to take it, but never really felt a difference. I'm thinking about taking it again. (I'm 85kg btw)

Why not just have a big tall glass of whole milk?

I have the protein with whole milk so I guess I could just skip the powder.

Plus, all of the other natural benefits of whole milk.

For sure, that's the only milk I drink. :)

A couple of miles on the treadmill feels so much longer than running outside.

Nice work on the breakthrough Joe.

I went dos platos and it came up real easy considering. Had to trade barbell rows for dumbell rows due to time contraints and a guy using the area I needed, but no big deal.

I'm still going to the gym and I still hate the elliptical but I'm much better with it thank goodness. I can't do treadmill because of foot pain. I no longer hurt in my glutes/hip/leg since I'm much stronger. Recovering from back surgery and weak muscles has been a slow process but I'm happy to be rid of all that pain! I've learned so much this year and hope that I will take better care of myself to prevent injury in the future. Now if I could just push away from the table and lose weight!

Good work Kelly! Should make the 2015 season a little more enjoyable for you.

I'm still going to the gym and I still hate the elliptical but I'm much better with it thank goodness. I can't do treadmill because of foot pain. I no longer hurt in my glutes/hip/leg since I'm much stronger. Recovering from back surgery and weak muscles has been a slow process but I'm happy to be rid of all that pain! I've learned so much this year and hope that I will take better care of myself to prevent injury in the future. Now if I could just push away from the table and lose weight!

I love going to the gym with my wife! It's almost as cool as golfing together except I can beat her lifting weights.. :D We have the opportunity to work around our broken and damaged body parts together. :act-up: It's a family kind of thang. :bomb: Anyways love it and glad you are enjoying it sweety pie! :in-love:

That's cool that you guys can share that time Bill. We rarely get to work out together thanks to the kiddos, but occasionally we can work it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back