2014 Fitness & Nutrition Thread With Coach Beard

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's cool that you guys can share that time Bill. We rarely get to work out together thanks to the kiddos, but occasionally we can work it out.

Having the children all grown and on their own really opens up free time for the old coots. :thumb:

I'll have to try it out. The only time I normally have cottage cheese is in lasagna.

If you like it, it's great. Tons of protein and fairly low calorie.

If you like it, it's great. Tons of protein and fairly low calorie.

Should be noted, that there will be calories to match the protein. And likewise, for the sake of discussion, calories are not the devil.

Calories are never the devil. :D

I did straight up bro-lifts yesterday and have no shame. I'm adding them in to my weekly schedule to 1) gain a little beach muscle before I cut and 2) variety so I actually feel like going to the gym on Sundays again.

I did straight up bro-lifts yesterday and have no shame. I'm adding them in to my weekly schedule to 1) gain a little beach muscle before I cut and 2) variety so I actually feel like going to the gym on Sundays again.
As long as the brolifts don't interfer with your core lifts and recovery, go for it.

Ideally they won't. It's the accessory routine from Blaha's ICF. In and out in 35 minutes.

Well I'm getting back into the workouts tonight. I didn't want the possibility of hurting myself leading up to the Grandaddy, but now that it's over, I'm going to get back at it. I'm going on a cruise with my wife and kids at the end of January, so I want to loose a few pounds before we go. So I have about 6 1/2 weeks to work my tail off.

So I got confused between Cottage and Ricotta. Much dislike for the Cottage cheese. Not sure what it is, but no thanks (tried it Saturday). I'm going to go back to my casein and whole milk.
I'll have to try it out. The only time I normally have cottage cheese is in lasagna.

Well I'm getting back into the workouts tonight. I didn't want the possibility of hurting myself leading up to the Grandaddy, but now that it's over, I'm going to get back at it. I'm going on a cruise with my wife and kids at the end of January, so I want to loose a few pounds before we go. So I have about 6 1/2 weeks to work my tail off.

6 Packs are made in the kitchen. Building muscle scorches fat. Go to the gym with a plan. Don't wing it. Have fun and take pride, but never be satisfied.

6 Packs are made in the kitchen. Building muscle scorches fat. Go to the gym with a plan. Don't wing it. Have fun and take pride, but never be satisfied.

Awesome advice top to bottom

Lack of will power is my killer. But I've grown to ginormous proportions. Cans stand this feeling. Not to mention it's not healthy either. Time to buckle down. I'm going to have to get in touch with my quad cities buddy to see what's up. Embarrassed to say 247 is straight up fat ass for me!

Amazing what 5lbs can do. Stalled hard. First squat set and I almost blew an O-ring. It may be time for me to mix up the program. I'm stalling more often than I am used to.

Lack of will power is my killer. But I've grown to ginormous proportions. Cans stand this feeling. Not to mention it's not healthy either. Time to buckle down. I'm going to have to get in touch with my quad cities buddy to see what's up. Embarrassed to say 247 is straight up fat ass for me!

Easy peasy - as long as you really want it you can do it. Make the choice and stick with it. I'll be glad to help buddy.

Amazing what 5lbs can do. Stalled hard. First squat set and I almost blew an O-ring. It may be time for me to mix up the program. I'm stalling more often than I am used to.

I have no advice, but that sucks.

It's alright hawk. I'm going to a new structure. I'm OK with that

What are you thinking?

Assisted pistols this morning. My legs complained greatly as I walked up the stairs at work.

I plan on moving to the Texas Method. It is a 3 day program. 1st day is a volume day. 5x5 squats at 90% of 5rm, 5x5 press, 90% 5rm, 1x5 deadlift, 5rm. 2nd day is a light day. Squat is 2x5 @ 80%, Press is 3x5 @ 80%. Then pull ups and back extensions. 3rd day is intensity day. Squats are 1x5 at 5rm. Presses are 1rep at 1rm. Then power cleans at 5x3. There are additional structures over time. A simpler and more concise breakdown from T-Nation by Coach Rip

http://www.t-nation.com/training/texas-method

I've read a little about that one. I figured it was something like that.

Easy peasy - as long as you really want it you can do it. Make the choice and stick with it. I'll be glad to help buddy.

I have no advice, but that sucks.

Mostly I just want to take the weight off and get back into a non round shape. Diet will be key in sure. I'm not a weights kind of guy. Thinking about doing a boot camp thing to get me started. I need that group motivation thing for sure.

Start with diet and supplement with exercise. You can do 20 minutes of interval training on a stationary bike a day and that will be enough (coupled with good diet) to drop lots and lots of pounds. Not a big time investment at all.

I've read a little about that one. I figured it was something like that.

I think we are on the same page here Hawkstar - but you are not at a point where you need to worry about this yet. You still have linear progression to make.

Oh I'm not heading that way any time soon, if ever. I'm going to hit a couple numbers I had in mind and then probably just work on a program to avoid losing these gainz when I go back on a diet. Most likely still a 5x5 or 3x5 - depending on how much volume I can handle in a defecit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back