2014 New Balance Golf - Booth

I love what I'm seeing with these, I need a pair ASAP!!!

If they are as comfortable as their regular shoes, they could be in for a good year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I need to find a pair of these stat!

typo's courtesy of Samsung Galaxy S4 autocorrect... Enjoy!

I really like the green & gray model, the others...not so much.

I don't know if it may just be my ignorance, but is New Balance just entering the golf shoe world? I don't remember ever seeing them before, just wondering if it is all new or I just overlooked them. Either way, if they are as comfortable as the running shoes I need a pair like yesterday. I think the white & black saddle would fit in my arsenal quite nicely.

No ignorance. They haven't had any. They had a prototype about 15-20 years ago that didn't go to production. That was it.

As soon as I see the title of this thread, I was excited. Love their shoes, but will reserve judgement on these until I can see/feel first hand. I would bet they are comfortable.

The Minimus look good, solid whites aren't bad either. Solid black don't do it for me with the N.

Never really been a fan of New Balance, so these don't really do it for me.

The "N" is what really isn't doing it for me. That font, or the way it is placed, just doesn't make it look attractive.

Totally agree. I get that the logo is important, but it is so prominent on every shoe they have put out. I am a big fan of the benefits of their footwear (stability etc), just not a fan of the logo.

Not very attractive to me.

Really like the look of these in hand, booth has been packed all day too

They definitely make a damn comfortable shoe. Would love to know how their golf shoes stack up in that regard.

No ignorance. They haven't had any. They had a prototype about 15-20 years ago that didn't go to production. That was it.
Thanks for that. When I was in the army, the only shoes I could run in (I do not have a runners body, so had to find shoes that would not lead to much pain in the feet/knees) were either new balance or asics gel. I am going to need to find a pair of these to try out. Maybe since they are new in the market, some THP testing? A person can always hope.

I'd have to try these on but I am kinda digging them. Not sold on the zero drop shoes but their other stuff is nice.

These are a swing and a miss for me, really unattractive and I'm a shoe lover.

navaqany.jpg

Not digging this all-white color combo, loses some of the cool styling. Found this one on the ole Google image search:
New-Balance-2002-Gray-PGA-300x300.jpg

WANT!

Like the looks of some of the shoes as a summer shoe. May have to look at them closer.

How much?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will be getting a pair of these in the near future and will be giving extensive feedback.

I can't wait to try these on, they all look great.

Did the reps give any timeline for availability on these? Seems like an awful long tease! I like that they've expanded the offerings from the original 2 spiked, 2 spikeless styles that were originally announced.

Did the reps give any timeline for availability on these? Seems like an awful long tease! I like that they've expanded the offerings from the original 2 spiked, 2 spikeless styles that were originally announced.

All I got was "soon".

Haha... Nice

As info, the permanent spike versions are in the Atlanta New Balance stores (check your area stores for mix and sizes in stock).

Picked up a black pair Saturday, wore them yesterday - first impressions:

-Break-in time was one walk of the dog / 15 minutes with smell and pee stops (the dog, not me);
-Lighter than the FJ Contour Casuals w/ more support in the arch and the sides;
-Sizing (for me) is dead-on. A 12 medium in dress shoes is a 12 medium in these, YMMV;
-Aggressive spike pattern takes the "I slipped" excuse out of my bag. They will require using the air gun after the round as the cleats do trap a fair amount of clippings.

I've never had good luck ordering shoes online. It was refreshing to go into the New Balance store and have an associate spend time in making sure the shoes were sized correctly & my questions were answered. Heck, he even went to his car & grabbed his seven iron so that I could take practice swings while wearing the shoes. Top notch.

Hope this helps all that are considering these.

Last edited:
Back