2015 Ben Hogan FT15 Irons and TK15 Wedges: THP Review Thread

Have to say I am in love with the looks of these. Now whether I could game them is yet to be seen. Really interested to hear how these work out for you. I mean looks alone make me want a set just to stare at them.

I'll also throw it out there because I know some are thinking or talking about it, yes, shafts in mine are Tour-V X, Hogan wanted us to do their fitting program so I did and was going to play whatever it spit out. Even thought at the time I was playing Recoil 680's (which are an option) in my irons it still spit this out. So, who am I to not put all aspects of a club, including the fitting tool to the test? LOL

These look good, Like the lofts on the sole and what looks like a thump press on the back of the iron. I'm sure these three will put these through their paces.

Had to come back for another look at these beauties

I wasn't overly enthused with the first pictures that came out, but Jman's picture make them look pretty darn good. I'm looking forward to everyone's thoughts.

Will be a fun follow for the three of you. As much hype as these have had, I hope they can back it up!

I'll be honest here. I will never see these clubs, I have no interest in hunting some down to try and they are only okay in the looks department. With all that said I'm really excited to follow along for the review and love the fact that the 3 of you all have a set to test. This is going to be one of the best review threads ever.

Enjoy them guys.

Honestly, its what I expected, you can talk weighting as much as you want, an MB is an MB, is an MB. These, are as MB as any set I have ever held/had/swung/used.

Thanks, that just about says it all....

Great initial write up bud. They certain win in the looks department. Top line doesn't appear to be as thin as I envisioned? About the same if not thicker than the VPC?

Great initial write up & pictures. These definitely look better than I anticipated.

Question - will you, Hawk and Dan hit the same style of irons or will did each of you get a different set?

I love that they have an old fashioned forged club look to them while still having modern engineering. I also really like that they have brought the V-sole over from the SCOR line of wedges. I would give a wedge a few hits if and when I cross paths with them.

Great initial write up bud. They certain win in the looks department. Top line doesn't appear to be as thin as I envisioned? About the same if not thicker than the VPC?
About the same to a tiny bit smaller. I was without help taking pics today so the angle is so so. The topline isn't bad though, the footprint though is def small. The 3 and 4 are downright scary in sole width.
Great initial write up & pictures. These definitely look better than I anticipated.

Question - will you, Hawk and Dan hit the same style of irons or will did each of you get a different set?
We all did the fitting and I can't recall I'd we all got the same lofts or not. I know Hawk is rocking 680s though and Dan has tour v in his also.

About the same to a tiny bit smaller. I was without help taking pics today so the angle is so so. The topline isn't bad though, the footprint though is def small. The 3 and 4 are downright scary in sole width.

We all did the fitting and I can't recall I'd we all got the same lofts or not. I know Hawk is rocking 680s though and Dan has tour v in his also.

Sounds like my kinda iron!!

Pretty enough, and they certainly don't lack confidence verging on the pretentious. I don't think I've got the speed or skill at this point in life to make good use of these, though.

:bashful:Fantastic read! Thank you! I look forward to reading more.

Will take them out for at least some range time tomorrow. There are a whole lot of things I want to hone in on going on in my head when it comes to these, should be interesting to say the least.

Already incredibly ready for Hawk and Canadaniel to get their sets. Could be a very fun thread.

Not going to lie, they look unbelievably good and I would love to try them out. Not sure why, but the loft numbers all the way up kind of bug me. Probably just because I'm not used to it, but I like looking down and seeing at least 4-9 on the clubs.

Great pics Jman!
I'm really looking forward to the reviews on these.

Lookinf forward to your 3 reviews, these irons peak my interest quite a bit. As per the loft stamped on the sole, I am guessing after a round or two it will be the same as the club numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great photos and write James. Im not sure how I feel about the lofts replacing the number. I think they look ok but definitely not my favourite. Interesting to hear how they go though.

Thanks for adding in the individual club pics. These are awesome looking.
Quick question, how is the sizing of the wedges compared to the Scors? They look pretty similar.

Great pictures but really not a fan of the looks.

Much better looking blade options out there.

Beautiful clubs! I'm very excited to follow the testing and see how they stack up.

Interested if the wedges play likes the Scor's do (did).

Back