2015 Cleveland Golf Tour For THPers - Up & Down

The 355 line driver was legit for me. I only hit it in the bay at CG. Set up at 10.5 stiff it was a solid club for me. I did get some swings with the 6i as well and really loved the look and feel of that as well. The sweetest Srixon club I hit all weekend was MikeG's Z545 6iron with recoils :clapp:.

Thoughts on the 6.5 putter for me was I felt as if I had more confidence over the ball and the feel of the ball coming off the face was amazing. Like t4k said "firmly soft" or something like that... yeah it is actually something like that for me as well. It will definately be my gamer!

The irons look great. I demo'd a 6i. Looking down at the club at address there is absolutely nothing that says these are their SGI (or whatever) line. The top line is squarely in the GI range - not thin but not super big either. Everything else...you'd think these are maybe a players type iron. The face looks pretty compact, there's very little off set. You don't see any mass behind the club face at address. They say the sole is wider than the 545 but it doesn't look big at all. It's really pretty impressive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Sounds like an iron that I could definitely game.

I might be a little strange, but the club that impressed me the most this morning was the H45 hybrid. Longer, higher and so much easier to hit than my old Nike. I'll be looking to pick one up.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Glad you had fun Ken. Having golf with you recently I know you were looking forward to this event.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Sounds like an iron that I could definitely game.

You are welcome. I'm going to back track a bit on one thing. They aren't players irons. I did not say that right. They look like a GI club with some elements that trend toward player - like the minimal offset. But they pack a good amount t of help in there for us. I come back to how easily the 6i was getting up in the air, even when I was hitting it a bit low in the face.

7a4098e1b19f17031f183009df151f05.jpg

I put these guys through a lot today and they have the scars to prove it.

I'll echo the "soft firm" discription of the 2135's face. Kind of an addictive feeling to be honest. It's a pretty easy putter to roll well.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Great coverage today guys, really fun looking course

In case it was missed before - an interesting to me tidbit about the entire line is that it is absolutely designed for slower swinging players.

Crazy thing is I watched a guy who carries his z545 with rogue silver tini 285ish per gc2 hit the xxio 8 that far and then some.

Before I forget I want to share something. The people at Cleveland are just solid, decent, normal people that are as passionate about the game as everyone here, but they happen to work in the industry. They work really really hard to make equipment that makes the game more enjoyable for the rest of us.. It was interesting to hear them talk and realize how much thought goes into nearly everything. Even something like grips that might seem like a mundane choice is made on purpose for very specific reasons.

#CaliforniaSunset

cad3e7ba3e88cde994333b0a7b959543.jpg

That view is nice if you're into that kind of thing.

In case it was missed before - an interesting to me tidbit about the entire line is that it is absolutely designed for slower swinging players.

That was the focus of XXIO, to help improve the games of us normal, read non-tour, players. The regular flex demo available held up to Nate. Though I'm sure he took some off it since he only went 274.

f91e47b43ea583e592df39e602b62f75.jpg

Second shot view approaching 18. The green is 130ish farther down to your left.

I want to thank the Cleveland/Srixon staff for a great experience. You guys/gal rock!

Had a blast, as usual, spending time with THPers. As a bonus, I had the opportunity to witness JB's Jedi skills in action.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Thanks so much for all the thread updating guys!! I've been away from the computer for a couple days, but am glad to be able to come back and review and take the ride with you guys!!!!

Here's an example of the swing analyzer. (The screen is showing results for the person who hit before Fuppy.). The number in the upper right is the score. That score puts you in a club spectrum - see the left tonight progression of clubs across the top of the screen. Alternatives are shown along the left side of the screen. It's a little hard to see in this pictures but it says things like 9.5 / stiff or 10.5 / reg). The person running the system switches screens and you get the results for irons.

2ab85bf86c9acb0222462545fdcb1609.jpg

I think that is absolutely AWESOME. I want on it.

Thanks so much for all the thread updating guys!! I've been away from the computer for a couple days, but am glad to be able to come back and review and take the ride with you guys!!!!

8.0 is the score to beat.

The wedge analyzer tool was equally awesome. You hit shots with wedges and the Swingbyte tool assesses your swing. They have a proprietary algorithm that translates the results to a graphic that that plots you more or less on a chart. From there you choose your normal playing conditions - wet, soft, firm or mixed (?) and it makes suggestions for you on number if dots, etc. (They are also developing a ball selection tool and that's not far from being ready for prime time.)

They are doing a great job of thinking outside the box to help golfers and promote their brand. Here's an example. They created coasters that can be passed around / left at bars with info for the 2135 on one side. On the other is instructions for accessing a mobile device app. Once accessed you hover your phone over the coaster, which becomes the ball. It superimposes a graphic of the 2135 over the coaster. The putter dynamically moves and rotates in relationship to the coaster (as you move the it), giving 3D graphical demonstrations of how the putter's tech and alignment aid work. It is extremely creative and cool.

Last edited:
Great thread guys. I was afk for most of the weekend and wasn't able to follow along live. Sounds like you guys had a blast! Those wedges are sick with the Benjamins.

Looks like an awesome time guys! And those wedges are so sweet!

#UpAndDown Weekend Summary

#UpAndDown Weekend Summary

A big Thank You to JB, GolferGal and Cleveland/Srixon Golf (Keith and Adam) for an amazing one of a kind THP event. I know it's not said enough but none of our excursions would be possible without what you 2 do. So for that, Thank You!

Friday - Day at Cleveland/Srixon HQ

I'm going to cut to the chase and head directly to the performance fitting lab at Cleveland/Srixon HQ where we spent most of our time. Received my 6.5 2135 putter and it looked fantastic to my naked eyes. Then out came not 1 but 2 Cleveland custom 2.0 wedges (56 and 60) with Big Ben on the back along with Up and Down 2015 printed into each wedge. It was amazing!! But it wasn't over, a goodie box (actually serves as a cooler for drinks) was then handed out with a dozen Srixon balls, bluetooth speaker, towel, silver key chain, external battery charger, drink tumbler, and much more that I can't place right now. Oh and for good measure they threw in another dozen Srixon balls, a Srixon glove and a final surprise by Adam who presented us each with a SwingByte 2!! It was like opening presents on Christmas Day for me!

After a few simulator competitions of closest to the pin and long drive (which I went 0-2) a few more of the Cleveland/Srixon people came in to view all the excitement and show us the Srixon Swing Analyzer that helps fit players into their line based on information on how you swing. SAY WHAT??!! They also developed a neutral driver head based on a combination of all the driver heads out in the market place for people to use in the fitting. Genius. Everyone took a few cracks and were given a swing action score that fit you into a certain Srixon line (355, 545 and 745) based on the driver swings (score from 0 to 9). I could only muster up a 5.5 to my chagrin which fit me into the 545 line. Well, my 745 irons and driver would had been crushed if I had to tell them we could no long date anymore so I patiently waited for everyone to finish, meanwhile trying to figure out what the analyzer was looking at to come up with it's score. JB was right, it turned into a competition (internal for me) of numbers! Watched fupresti (Dave) throw up an 8.0!! :bulgy-eyes: So as the day was winding down I ventured back into the analyzer with the help of some of the Srixon guys that stayed around. I switched from my cut swing to my draw swing which seemed to please the swing analyzer and jumped me from a 5.5 to a 7.6. I was immediately carried out on the shoulders of the Srixon guys to celebrate my victory.....at least that is how I remember it. My 745's were safe.

These Cleveland/Srixon boys and girls came ready to have fun and made darn sure we had fun with 'em. Dinner that night was icing on the cake! Highlights from Day 1:

- They have one big warehouse there on site! Boxes and boxes of goodies stacked all over the place!
- Keith and Adam rock. Period.
- The Cleveland/Srixon guys/girls may have been more excited to see us than us seeing them! What does that say!?!
- Gentle Ben is returning back to Texas where he belongs. Selfish I know.
- Still can't believe we all got a Swingbyte 2. Unreal.

Saturday - Golf at Strawberry Farms

What a fantastic course from top to bottom. I played with tequila4kapp (Frank), DufferToo (Don) and Chris from Srixon Golf. Chris was a 6 handicap so we played a little match play game (5/5/5) and was back and forth all day. I managed to make a few critical late putts with my 2135 6.5 putter that put me 1 up going to 18 but couldn't hold him off and we finished all square. Like kissing your sister but was a fitting end. Frank was great off the tee and hit that driver about as straight as anyone around. Don was a grinder and never quit on any hole. Both Frank and Don play the game with the intent on having fun no matter what so it was a perfect group for me to be in. Not going to lie, I was really hoping that JB was going to put me with Brisa, the new social media leader as the thought of me getting beat by a girl would have been too great for JB to pass on. But Chris was a good replacement in the end as we had a lot in common.

Speaking of JB, everyone here on THP needs to take a minute and wonder what THP would be like if he wasn't around. Because that just about happened on the 18th hole while we waited for the final 2 groups to come in. Not only did JB avoid certain death from the stray and long shot that came off the clubface of The Papa back in the 18th fairway but he performed a split second act that only Neo from The Matrix could have pulled off. He caught the bullet with his bare hands, while his back was facing the shot and he never turned around. I know, I know, hard to believe such a feat could be mastered but I saw it with my own 2 eyes and it will go down as something I will never be able to understand or figure out for the rest of my days. Let's just say that I now believe in the Loch Ness Monster, Bigfoot, UFO's, Men in Black, ghosts and that Lee Harvey did not act alone after what I just witnessed. I have no other words.

We all parted ways after our group picture with talks of "Best THP event ever!" and Adam's "Let's do this in Vegas next year!" final statement. So who knows?! What I do know after being at a number of THP events now is that we got to participate in one darn good one and probably the best OEM event I've been apart of. The Cleveland/Srixon people just get it and are going to do wonderful things going forward. The 2135 6.5 putter is for real and it's staying in the bag. The custom wedges are the best in the business. A few highlights from the day:

- Eagles can be made with the 2135 putter.
- Golf in southern CA is just about better than anywhere else in the USA.
- Great to meet ken_h, emmers, azrsx and the Papa as 1st time THP event'ers. The sparkle in their eyes all weekend was great to see!
- Brisa might have a better swing that 99% of us on THP. Take out might.....she does.
- Adams accent puts the cool into cool. He's one good Aussie, or is it Bloke or Zealander? Who knows.....he's cool.
- Keith was a great host and made sure we were taken care of from minute 1.
- Mikeg, my partner in crime for the weekend, is as good as they get. If you don't know this guy, do yourself and favor and get to know him at the next THP event. We need to keep this guy around here!

Thank you THP, Cleveland/Srixon Golf, the 8 other participants in the event, God, the Southern CA weather, fish tacos and Southwest Airlines for making this one heck of an event for me!

Thanks Nate. It was pretty awesome and your face was priceless.

I will have a lot more coming up soon including your putting transformation in the next few days.

Fantastic recap Nate, a joy to read buddy!

Loved that recap Nate.

I remember very early in the year when most of the 2015 Calander was posted, I commented to JB in a thread that I was surprised and sad not to see anything involving Clevleland and Srixon. In typical JB fashion he replied that the list wasn't complete and something with them was likely and it would be incredible. When it was announced I told a few local guys several months ago, i had a feeling this was going to be an event that blew a lot of people away. And from following it, no doubt that was accomplished.

I like that the Clevleand/Srixon people are already thinking of 2016.

Man I had such a busy weekend I missed this. Gettign caught up though! Looks like it was an awesome time

Back