2015 Live Driver Test - THPers Give Feedback - Tampa Bay Area

I just love the sound of the Nike drivers. Their best ever for sure.

I find them intoxicating, although I've only hit the pro so far.

Unique to their own, absolutely. Ultra loud, nope. Muted, nope.

They did sound amazing, nothing like previous models.

Really, REALLY interesting to hear that perception -- As I wouldn't have said the same.

Are your ears just ringing from the high heat?

Muted in a good way. It just has a sound that reminds me more of composite thud vs a titanium ping.

I'm guessing you weren't seeing that result in your hitting the Vapor Pro?

I was already checking on the drive home. It's such a friggin monster and I want one.

From what has been said about you hitting this you need to make it happen.

Muted in a good way. It just has a sound that reminds me more of composite thud vs a titanium ping.

I'm guessing you weren't seeing that result in your hitting the Vapor Pro?

I think the sound is fantastic. I still don't really know how to describe it, but you shocked me with 'muted' and shocked me even more with 'very very muted'

I think the sound is fantastic. I still don't really know how to describe it, but you shocked me with 'muted' and shocked me even more with 'very very muted'

Ahh. I really can't describe it in any other way either, but it's definitely not loud. It very much has a really cool crack sound to it.

Quick recap from me:

Thx THP and ALL the OEMs. I got lucky today because my swing was pretty consistent off the tee, so it was a good day to test some clubs. My gamer is Cobra Biocell. Swing speed is in the low 90s. Any distances I mention were measured with my bushnell neo x.

1. The High Heat is a bombmaker... I hit my longest drive of the day with it, by 15 yds. @ 267 yds.

2. Bridgestone 815... whether you are a fan of the graphics on the crown of this club or not. Go hit it. The graphics will look better when you're standing in the fairway.

3. Yonex Ezone...First Yonex club I think I have ever hit, it was pleasing to the ear and very solid feeling club. The settings didn't really fit my swing but with some adjustments this one could be interesting.

4. Aeroburner..It's bright white. I didn't think I hit it well because it appeared to fly a little higher(for me), but the numbers don't lie, didn't hit it farther but didn't hit it shorter either.

5. Cleveland Black..To my eye, the best looking driver in the group. I hit this club well, It is forgiving as anything out there and since it so light even the 'old guy' can get it down the fairway pretty well.

6. Cleveland Black Custom.. See #5.

7. Cobra Fly Z XL.. Since I game a Cobra currently, this was an easy club for me to look down at and trust. I hit it very solid, but the offset is not something I need/want.

8. Nike Vapor..Hit about my only fade with this one, still got it out to about 245 yds. Wow that is a special paint color on the bottom of the one..neon greenish yellow?

9. Callaway BBA815 DBD..I have hit this one on multiple occasions, I really like this driver! It's more forgiving than most think and I hit it well.

Wow thanks gentlemen! Fantastic thread! Did War have a secretary taking dictation on the course? Good lord he' was all over it! Love the feedback!

edit: oh, and Warren G FTMFW

The Vapor Speed surprised me a lot yesterday. Great feel and performance. Even catching the ball a bit low on the face produced straight bombs. I've never been big on fubuki shafts, but the one in that head felt great.

Last edited:
I would describe the Nikes as muted as well, both the Flex and pro had that dull thwack to them that a love.

Yesterday was great, driver testing was a success. The clear winner for me was the Aero Burner. The bright white, raised crown and general setup appealed to me. The results were hard to refute. Forgiving, long and workable. I have not been a fan of TM drivers for quite some time and this brought me back, quick fast and a hurry.

The Nike Vapor line from a looks perspective might be my favorite. The performance matches. The graphics on the crown and the slime color swoosh are pretty tight. On the range I too notices the muted impact but there was questioning the results. Not the most forgiving driver in term of vertical misses but seems to keep the ball in play. Put head to head with my 815 gamer, it won out.

The high heat is the Bain of my existence. Everyone crushes it but me. All I cam do is sing it's praises based on all three member of my group crushing it. I actually witnessed Wareagle out driving the entire group with it, this never happens. Ward hit high slow draws but you knew it was going to be in the fairway and long. Pudge got in on the action as well with some tight bombs of his own.

The CG BLACK was spawned from Wareagle DNA because he hits it like they were separated at birth. He rips through the zone like no one else. It's not the longest but it consistent and that what matters.

The Bridestone 715 was Pudge's favorite and I see why, his high draws with this low spin monster were hard to refute. Not sure it's low spin any longer after his hands touched it. The crown graphics are liked by all but those that can deal with the 70s Corvette paint job and low spin witj be treated to long accurate drives.

The FlyZ XL is simpler version of the Flyz+ and in the right hands is a fairway finder. Slight off set, slellar finish and strong setup will be pleasing to many.

The Yonex EZONE got some time in our group and as expect various reactions. I found the club to set up well with its deeper face and finish. The three weight on the bottom to adjust for all COG are a nice touch. Not the most forgiving of clubs but still some good distance off miss hits.

THE DBD and 815 I feel will be winner in 2015. Both setup well and do nothing but instill confidence. Both are long and both are accurate. The DBD is the lower spin of the two but in the right hands just launch high and long. The 815 is steady and long. The finish on the clubs is pretty darn sweet.

Driver testing was sweet as most of you saw. If offered I suggest you raise your hands because it's eye opening and fun.

I would describe the Nikes as muted as well, both the Flex and pro had that dull thwack to them that a love.
You were money with the Pro on the back 9

I have to say what a great thing to be a part of yesterday. Now I always do feel out of place with most guys here because I certainly don't hit the ball as far as most but I do have a more forward tee to make it a great equalizer. That all being said no one gave me any junk for moving up witch is always a plus and makes me more comfortable playing. Now all these drivers came in stiff flex and I'm a regular flex player but it didn't bother me too much.

First up up for me yesterday was the Cobra Fly Z+, this was a great driver. Aim it where you want to go and hit it there, not the furthest club but definitely the most accurate for me.

Next up was the XR, I did reshafted this to my Handcrafted regular flex and hit it, my first ball with it was a total miss hit but managed to put it in play and have an iron shot to the green. It certainly is long and forgiving but for me it's wouldnt knock my Big Bertha alpha 14 out of the bag.

I then hen tried the Nike with the battery pack and I did not like the way this club felt, I just couldn't hit it well so I gave up on it.

Then came the Bridgstone J715, sadly I only got one try with this before we traded clubs with the other group because this club felt great and I wouldn't mind playing around with this again. I hit it off the heel and it went as far as everything else I hit that day on the face.

The next club was the Cleavland, not sure wich one it was but it had the power lock on the bottom. The club looked great but sadly I pushed it to the right and didn't hit it far at all.

Then finally came the last driver I would play with yesterday, the TM R15. I've hit this at the Merchandise show and liked it then went to the PGA store and hated it and said to the guys before hand how much I didn't like it and didn't want to try it again. Well I'm glad I did cause I really liked it a lot, it was a long driver for me and I'd love to see how it would be if I really had time to play around with the settings and try different shafts how I'd hit it.

I want to thank JB and Wardy for setting this up as I had a great time with my playing partners yesterday and can't wait for the next thing we all do together.

Just read through the thread. Holy crap that was a fun read. Beags crushed the coverage and made it so much fun to follow along after the fact. Kind of really want to try the high heat after all the praise in this thread.

Such a truly unique outing, with such good information coming from it.

I have to say what a great thing to be a part of yesterday. Now I always do feel out of place with most guys here because I certainly don't hit the ball as far as most but I do have a more forward tee to make it a great equalizer. That all being said no one gave me any junk for moving up witch is always a plus and makes me more comfortable playing. Now all these drivers came in stiff flex and I'm a regular flex player but it didn't bother me too much.

First up up for me yesterday was the Cobra Fly Z+, this was a great driver. Aim it where you want to go and hit it there, not the furthest club but definitely the most accurate for me.

Next up was the XR, I did reshafted this to my Handcrafted regular flex and hit it, my first ball with it was a total miss hit but managed to put it in play and have an iron shot to the green. It certainly is long and forgiving but for me it's wouldnt knock my Big Bertha alpha 14 out of the bag.

I then hen tried the Nike with the battery pack and I did not like the way this club felt, I just couldn't hit it well so I gave up on it.

Then came the Bridgstone J715, sadly I only got one try with this before we traded clubs with the other group because this club felt great and I wouldn't mind playing around with this again. I hit it off the heel and it went as far as everything else I hit that day on the face.

The next club was the Cleavland, not sure wich one it was but it had the power lock on the bottom. The club looked great but sadly I pushed it to the right and didn't hit it far at all.

Then finally came the last driver I would play with yesterday, the TM R15. I've hit this at the Merchandise show and liked it then went to the PGA store and hated it and said to the guys before hand how much I didn't like it and didn't want to try it again. Well I'm glad I did cause I really liked it a lot, it was a long driver for me and I'd love to see how it would be if I really had time to play around with the settings and try different shafts how I'd hit it.

I want to thank JB and Wardy for setting this up as I had a great time with my playing partners yesterday and can't wait for the next thing we all do together.

We all had a great time, and no one cared which tees you played from. You hit that R15 REALLY well, it had a nice high ball flight and seemed to be getting you quite a bit of extra distance vs the others you put in play.

95878025f080017613c981e066649644.jpg

He's almost Masters ready, you guys.
Lots of jokes in this photo. Some times it's good to be a golfer in TW garb. Wanna be the best dress like the best. This outfit look similar to 2008 us open

Lots of jokes in this photo. Some times it's good to be a golfer in TW garb. Wanna be the best dress like the best. This outfit look similar to 2008 us open

But he is not dressed like Patrick Reed, Bubba Watson or Jimmy Walker?

Come on now, how would he look with a hot pink, top button Oakley shirt and white pants. Or a full drab foot joy outfit. Those outfit sold be sported by all you guys

Freddie was simply stating that he, himself, once wore that exact outfit, so this fellow was just dressing like the best, aka Freddie Kong.

Just read through the thread and it was great to read everyone's comments about each of the drivers

Thanks to JB and Wardy for organising it, and like others, a special thanks to War and the updates he provided

Great job everyone

Come on now, how would he look with a hot pink, top button Oakley shirt and white pants. Or a full drab foot joy outfit. Those outfit sold be sported by all you guys

Actually, I think I figured it out.
He is dressed like Patrick Reed.
#RedAndBlackWinner

Ryan killed it in here yesterday! Congrats on the new stick! Looks like it was an awesome day. Loved seeing the DBD love in here, too.

Freddie was simply stating that he, himself, once wore that exact outfit, so this fellow was just dressing like the best, aka Freddie Kong.
I've worn a lot of outfits, a black and red combo not one. But maybe in Pitt

Back