2015 Love Is In The Air Sponsored By Cobra PUMA Golf

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there is also a frozen yogurt place in the resort.

There is? That might be new since I have not stayed there in about a year.

There is? That might be new since I have not stayed there in about a year.
Yeah I seem to remember us taking my niece there. Right outside that restaurant we ate at last year.

Yeah I seem to remember us taking my niece there. Right outside that restaurant we ate at last year.

Hmmm. I wonder if the Hagan Daaz turned into a frozen yogurt place.

Any THPers who live near Gaylord that can clue some out of towners in on good food/ice cream locations surrounding the resort? We plan on dinner Sunday night .... and also happen to be ice cream lovers. Would love some recommendations!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i can't really comment on the ice cream game in orlando. there are a couple specialty shops i can think of that mom-and-pop, but they're nowhere near the gaylord.

what type of restaurant experience are you looking for? there are plenty of steak houses around the attractions, and most have added some interesting, more contemporary dishes to the menu. a couple we have enjoyed recently are jack's place at the rosen plaza hotel and a land remembered at the rosen shingle creek. if the group isn't dining at old hickory on property, it's very nice as well. for something different, todd english's bluezoo at the disney swan dolphin is a very cool, contemporary seafood place. for a completely unique, eclectic menu, jiko at disney's animal kingdom is african-themed fine dining. the most romantic restaurant in orlando is the venetian room at the caribe royale. there are lots of other options, so feel free to ask!

Just a heads up for those still looking for airline tix. Just got a e-mail about Delta's "Spring Fever Sale". I was going to pay over $400 per person last week and now if I book by March 5th the same flights will run me less than $200 per person round trip.

Do you have to do anything special for this or does it just automatically give a low price? I just looked at Delta and it shows $241 per round trip which was the normal rate I have been seeing. I was going to go with Southwest since it is $283 round trip with free checked bags and Delta will hit you with $50 each way for a golf travel bag.

Any THPers who live near Gaylord that can clue some out of towners in on good food/ice cream locations surrounding the resort? We plan on dinner Sunday night .... and also happen to be ice cream lovers. Would love some recommendations!

If you are still staying at the hotel they have a Hagen Daz shop in the hotel. As for food, your choices are endless in Orlando. It depends on what you want. You could always try Downtown Disney.

If you are still staying at the hotel they have a Hagen Daz shop in the hotel. As for food, your choices are endless in Orlando. It depends on what you want. You could always try Downtown Disney.

Update: JB just informed me their website doesn't show Hagen Daz anymore, I guess it's a frozen yogurt place now.

Ya were still at the Gaylord Sunday night. Looking forward to a night on the town

Hoping the yogurt place is a Menchie's!

I LOVE Menchie's! It's my favorite of the do-it-yourself yogurt places. Of course by the time I am done my yogurt weighs 3lbs and costs $9, but it's still worth it. Waffle bowl FTW.

Last edited:
I LOVE Menchie's! It's my favorite of the do-it-yourself yogurt places. Of course by the time I am done my yogurt weights 3lbs and costs $9, but it's still worth it. Waffle bowl FTW.

Haha ya we always go when we get a chance. Our son loves it! The fact that you can put m&m's and fruity pebbles on ice cream is awesome lol

I LOVE Menchie's! It's my favorite of the do-it-yourself yogurt places. Of course by the time I am done my yogurt weighs 3lbs and costs $9, but it's still worth it. Waffle bowl FTW.
There's one about 1/2 mile from my office. It's responsible for closing at least one other froyo place in town. It's always busy. I've never been there.

There's one about 1/2 mile from my office. It's responsible for closing at least one other froyo place in town. It's always busy. I've never been there.

Don't go, it's addicting and expensive. I mean, go because it's delicious, but don't say I didn't warn you.

Be mindful what you're putting in it too...I always put way too much different stuff in thinking it will work together and then it just gets weird.

For those who may wander up to Universal's CityWalk there is a Menchies and a Cold Stone Creamery.

For those who may wander up to Universal's CityWalk there is a Menchies and a Cold Stone Creamery.

Well there goes my Sunday night haha see you guys at Menchies

im thinking CityWalk on Thursday while we are there and maybe grabbing lunch on friday at the brazilian bakery. then i am thinking resort the rest of the time, with maybe a stop at Downtown Disney on Monday before we head out.

Don't go, it's addicting and expensive. I mean, go because it's delicious, but don't say I didn't warn you.

I didn't eat at the one at the Gaylord Palms, but it had all kinds of toppings available.

You all can find me and Morgan at Menchie's ... concocting $10 yogurt deliciousness

When you guys are ready to step it up to real ice cream let me know.

Worse case I'll send assistant whatever he is wardy down to big olafs to get me some trash can deliciousness

Can't wait.

When you guys are ready to step it up to real ice cream let me know.

Worse case I'll send assistant whatever he is wardy down to big olafs to get me some trash can deliciousness

I'm with you, ice cream always wins over frozen yogurt. Not saying you wouldn't see me building a mountain of sugar on a frozen yogurt in Orlando though....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back