Reaction score
Handicap
USGA 14
Captain's picks are happening right now. The tournament will be held on September 18-20 at St. Leon-Rot in Germany. It's been quite one sided the last couple cups; you think the US has any chance this year?

Me? I'm a little pessimistic unfortunately. Although I like Lexi and and Christie, I don't have a lot of confidence in the match play ability of others while the Euros seem to rise to the occasion. I will be watching it though and find it compelling to follow along.

The way play has been from current U.S. Stars on the LPGA, I think it might be closer this year but not a W for the U.S.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good job picking Creamer. If I had to match up against those eyebrows I think I would wilt under the pressure.

I haven't seen the team yet, but hope they can get that cup back.

Not surprised with the picks. Creamer has a solid Solheim cup record but hasn't been playing well lately and is going thru a swing change. Hope she turns it around for the Cup.

Will be be interests to see of Wie can play and if not who gets picked to replace her.

NameAgeWorld Ranking
Stacy Lewis303
Lexi Thompson208
Christie Kerr3714
Michelle Wie2520
Brittany Lincicome2913
Morgan Pressel2724
Angela Stanford3733
Gerina Piller3038
Alison Lee2029
Lizette Salas2632
Brittany Lang3042
Paula Creamer2940

Lang and Creamer were captain's picks. Salas and Lee qualified through world ranking. The rest qualify through a point system.

I think they need a healthy Wie to compete. Hopefully she's ready to go.

Good job picking Creamer. If I had to match up against those eyebrows I think I would wilt under the pressure.
All joking aside, I think her and Lang are great picks, I sure hope the US can pull out a win!

U.S. Is gonna get mopped.

Cant wait to watch this. We're going to have to bring our game.

I have really taken a liking to women's golf this year. Much easier to watch in my opinion than the stuff happening over on the PGA tour... maybe a little more even playing field. Anyhow, looking forward to the Solheim. I know the US has at least a 50% chance of winning!

At least the women seem to take these team events seriously and not act like it is some duty like taking out the trash.

At least the women seem to take these team events seriously and not act like it is some duty like taking out the trash.
I'm pretttttty sure the men take it seriously lol. The competition is pretty fierce and if they didn't take it seriously, why were tempers flaring during the post round interviews at the last one?

Wow the rough on this course is crazy.

Didn't realize this course was minutes from Heidelberg . I lived there for two years it's beautiful .

The sound is cutting out periodically on the Golf Channel HD broadcast and I am switching away from the action because of this. I understand that there is a delay due to the distance from Germany to the States but it gets unnerving for me when it continues.

Stan

Usa usa usa usa

Might be just the mics, but it sounds like it is really loud on the opening hole.

Lexi starts the afternoon session Birdie Eagle

damn these ladies are rolling the rock right now.

USA! USA! USA! http://www.solheimcupusa.com/leaderboard

Ability-wise. Creamer is the Ian Poulter of USA Ladies Golf. Her games seems to always get to another level during Solheim Cup week. So, regardless of her recent play, I think she will carry this team again. My (local) favorite, Stanford, always earns a spot on the team and then almost never plays well this week. Piller and Stanford play out of the same club. So, there is a little more interest in this week's play.

On paper, the USA should easily win. But, match play is a beast.
USARANK EUROPERANK
lewis3 pettersen8
thompson4 nordqvist12
lincicome14 munoz26
kerr15 gal42
wie20 hull50
pressel23 ciganda54
allison lee27 matthew55
salas32 icher58
stanford35 nocera64
piller37 masson81
lang41 reid85
creamer48 hedwall117

I said the same thing a second ago.

it must be an american thing, because neither men or ladies make putts on this stage.

Back