2015 Srixon Z-Star XV Golf Ball Review Thread

uploadfromtaptalk1425429366316.jpg
Tapatalk is driving me nuts these days.

Will be getting out tomorrow to put these thing on the course for the first time. Snow is all melted so the course is going to very wet and the high is mid 40's but will be around 30 when we tee off.

Played this ball in a scramble a week a go on some hard fast fairways in Las Vegas (Stallion Mountain) The roll I saw was a bit out of the norm so I wont talk to much about my drives. But I will comment on the drives of my playing partner and colleague from work. I gave him a two ball sleeve and saw more than a few 300 plus drives. He was hitting high draws and whe nhe was on, the yball just seemed to hang in the air.

We were able to take advatage of some wedge work due to his length. We had chips and shots from all types of lies. Up hill, side hill and down hill. Having played the ball for a few weeks I knew I could throw some serious spin on the ball if need be. I could also bump and run the ball or skip and spin. I find that I can control this ball quite well when shots are executed properly. But on miss hits the ball didn't get to far away from our desired spot.

I am finding a very consistent ball flight with all my irons. I really have not tried to work it too much but did notice the ball seems to be in the same spot when I look up from a shot. This has made my distance control very consistent, which is needed when playing golf. The XV is solid ball and will play well for a great many

I'll be at the course Sunday finally. Will have another write up then. Did not get to play while at the Bahamas last week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finished my round today and finally had some solid weather in Nashville. Course was still soaked from the rains we've had but it was around 70 degrees and sunny today :)

I can't say enough good things about this ball. I played 14.5 holes today before I lost one and 12.5 from my prior round so I got about 27 holes out of one ball. Now I will say you could tell the ball had been played. There were some scuffs and such but if expect it through 27 holes.

I got the chance today to hit a few shots inside of 80 yards and WOW is all I can say. Hop and stop pin high...the ball just flat out performs. On some of my shorter chips I was able to control it pretty well with spin too.

Also to mention today was distance. Finally it wasn't so cold that the ball just wouldn't go. I noticed distance similar to what I was hitting last season in the summer. Granted I'm no where near midseason form but this ball goes. Feels great off each club and just penetrates well.

I'm so excited to get more of these balls and make them my gamer.

Thank you again THP and Srixon!

I have had a few rounds with this ball and there is now a certain level of comfort I feel when standing over a shot. From the tee to the fairway I know what to expect and what I can push this ball to do. Now that I have settled into the ball I am seeing a higher launch and slightly more distance than my gamer. But this ball has no rival when it comes to durability. It just never seems to cut or scuff unless a cart path comes into play. The only stopping me from buying multiple boxes is the large surplus of gamers that I have.

The only stopping me from buying multiple boxes is the large surplus of gamers that I have.
Didn't stop me........

2139594b142f304c98717f81daf3863a.jpg

I've already given you a dozen........getting blood out of an ant now!

Seriously, can't wait to try them this weekend.
I think I might have to eat my Wheaties if you start pounding these bad boys

Played b330-RX today for most holes then played the z star xv for 4 holes before losing one. I have played the previous model for most of my rounds and the new one is softer and the spin is better IMO. The feel off irons and drivers was soft and reacted well to my swing.

Looking forward ward to putting this up agains the regular z star and b330-RX in more testing on days where it's not so windy. Initial thoughts are impressed and excited.

I bottom-grooved some irons today and these balls still found a way to stay on the green. Short game feel is fantastic.

Lots of interesting discussions with the Srixon guys this weekend at the #UpandDown THP event about the Q and Z stars. I think many guys that thought the Z star (on paper) wasn't a ball made for them left thinking something totally different. I am still amazed at how I can play a ball one round, clean it up and it still looks like it just came out of it's sleeve. That cover is just flat out amazing.

Might have even seen a Srixon proto type ball being played on Saturday by someone...........but I can't confirm anything.

Lots of interesting discussions with the Srixon guys this weekend at the #UpandDown THP event about the Q and Z stars. I think many guys that thought the Z star (on paper) wasn't a ball made for them left thinking something totally different. I am still amazed at how I can play a ball one round, clean it up and it still looks like it just came out of it's sleeve. That cover is just flat out amazing.

Might have even seen a Srixon proto type ball being played on Saturday by someone...........but I can't confirm anything.

Love the durability of these! Huge reason I started gaming them. Excellent performance is a bonus

I posted in the "What Ball Did You Play Last' thread, but i'll sum it up here. Hearing that the new core in these allows them to retain all the benefits from the Z Star design, and bring the compression down to around 85. Having tried the previous version and playing these all weekend, I could tell the difference for sure. Less clicky, felt better throughout the bag and the side spin off the tee or irons was minimal. I was hesitant to play these, but after hearing CHris describe the new process i took a gamble and i'm glad i did. It's a great ball.

I thought the ball compared very favorably to my regular gamer. Or should I say my prior regular gamer.

I played this ball recently, really like it! Plenty of greenside spin and approach shots held with a little back spin (the regular Zstars spun a HUGE amount for me on approach shots).
I like this ball a lot - if I ever need to buy balls, these will be strong contenders!!

I posted in the "What Ball Did You Play Last' thread, but i'll sum it up here. Hearing that the new core in these allows them to retain all the benefits from the Z Star design, and bring the compression down to around 85. Having tried the previous version and playing these all weekend, I could tell the difference for sure. Less clicky, felt better throughout the bag and the side spin off the tee or irons was minimal. I was hesitant to play these, but after hearing CHris describe the new process i took a gamble and i'm glad i did. It's a great ball.

Mike, plain Z Star, or XV, or both had the change?

Mike, plain Z Star, or XV, or both had the change?

Pretty sure both have the new core

I am bumping this thread for parity - the Srixon Z-Star threads have been dead for months on end while the B330 thread gets multiple updates daily. A notice to all that Srixon makes a mighty fine golf ball.

For my part, I've been playing the Z-Star XV against the B330(S & RX) for the last few months and have been very happy, almost equally so with both brands. I feel like this ball offers great flight off both woods and irons, very good greenside spin, and great durability. I bought the Tour Yellow, and the color and appearance of the ball is fantastic. It is without question the highest compression golf ball I have come across and the feel is correspondingly hard. While I do not mind the hard feel and don't think I am sacrificing too much in terms of performance from playing a ball that is "too hard" (100-105mph driver) , I have come to the conclusion that I will be stepping down to the Z-Star for my next dozen in hopes of gaining a bit softer feel and full compression. I suspect I am more likely to be fully compressing a Z-Star than the XV, and am really looking forward to getting a dozen Pure White Z-Star's on course as my next golf ball experiment.

Thanks for this bump. I was a tester for this ball and I'm still gaming this ball today. My write up review skills weren't too bad in this thread

I have never hit a Srixon golf ball that I can remember however after seeing some thought from the cleveland event I was considering it. I had no idea that the Z star and XV were still 90 and 105 compression respectively. With everyone going lower this suprised me a bit.

Back