2015 THP Invitational at The Club at Savannah Harbor

So, it's Monday and I'm already worn out thinking about this weekend. It's going to be a long week.

I'm hitting the road this morning! Will be working my way through SC this week! See you all in Savannah on Friday!
Not a bad state to work your way south through. Solid lineup of courses all over the place.

The format looks like a lot of fun, now I really can't wait!

Nice format shambles are a blast to play

If I'm ever going to get two birdies in a round, hopefully it's on the back nine on Saturday!

What a fun format, wish I was playing in this. You all have a blast.

This will be an awesome format. Looking forward to seeing everyone this weekend!

Had a lot of fun with this format in KY!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the format. It lets each player play the course, and both players have to contribute.

That's what I like about this for the single day format. I LOVE alt shot formats - especially the modified pinehurst, but I think with this being one time around, getting to play your own ball (save for some drives on the front) for most of the round is great.

I will be waxing the old truck up Wednesday for the trip down :thumb:

woodshedtruck_zps228302d3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

What is all the wife's/gf's doing while we're golfing? My first event bringing her and I don't want her being bored. The spa at the resort includes a pool pass when you purchase spa stuff so that might be an option. I really need her to have a great time so she lays off the "golf obsessed" complaints. Lol

Savannah is an absolutely fantastic destination city for couples. There's plenty for your wife/gf/whatever to do while you cruise around the links (and the 19th hole as well).
I'd recommend getting on Google, searching her hobby/interest + Savannah, and let Al Gore's fantastic invention do the work for you.

I really like that format. Shambles are fun and then you have to have some strategery involved on the back. I can't wait to get there on Friday for a practice round.

Format Announcement​

Front 9 - Shamble. Both players tee off and choose the best drive out of the two. They then each play from there until the hole is completed for both players. Combined score of the hole is counted and triple bogey is the maximum allowable score per hole per player

Back 9 - Best Ball (Four ball) w/ A Twist - Each player will play their own ball for the duration of the 9 holes. The best score on each hole by each team of 2 is recorded. The twist is that both players must be represented on the scorecard at least twice on the back 9. Maximum allowable score is double par. The score being taken for a hole must be declared after each hole.
An excellent format

The best thing about format announcements..... Teams are not far behind!!! Love shamble format!!!

I like this format. Requires a bit of strategery on the back.
100% truth to this. It may mean taking a bogey over a par early...to save the pressure of having to take a triple late. Or both players can shoot under par (ken....SPIVEY) on the back and not have a care in the world.....

100% truth to this. It may mean taking a bogey over a par early...to save the pressure of having to take a triple late. Or both players can shoot under par (ken....SPIVEY) on the back and not have a care in the world.....

IDK, since it is capped, I say just play it out and just take the last two scores if you need to. Would even out in the end. But do not listen to me if you are not on my team.

I am SUPER excited about this coming weekend! Looking forward to making some new golf buddies and building some friendships! Oh and not to mention, playing a top notch golf course!

Interesting twist on things...

IDK, since it is capped, I say just play it out and just take the last two scores if you need to. Would even out in the end. But do not listen to me if you are not on my team.

I kind of agree with this. Since we are all amateurs, odds are pretty good both partners will bogey the same hole at least once or twice during the nine and you would count the bogey of the guy struggling the most on that day.

You get a par on the twelfth hole. I get a bogey. We haven't used any of my scores yet. You wouldn't at least consider taking my bogey? It's 100 degrees, I've been sideways off the tee all day, and I haven't made a putt. You want to wait until the last two holes to say "ok, try not to get two double-pars....."

If one partner is struggling a bit but gets a par, it's probably worth taking, even if the other player cards a birdie on the same hole.

Better to give away one stroke than three later in the round.

You get a par on the twelfth hole. I get a bogey. We haven't used any of my scores yet. You wouldn't at least consider taking my bogey? It's 100 degrees, I've been sideways off the tee all day, and I haven't made a putt. You want to wait until the last two holes to say "ok, try not to get two double-pars....."

Never, if YOU were my teammate again. Play it safe or play to win?

I could eagle the hole, and I'm still taking your bogey. Count on it.

The way my last two rounds have gone, this will be what my partner will be saying to me on the last two holes... "you've managed to make double par from the middle of the fairway on the last 7 holes, let's try to shave a stroke or two off that these last two"...

This looks like a great group. I wish I were participating. The format will be a good one.

Back