2015 THP Invitational at The Club at Savannah Harbor

Hopefully we get the pairings announcement soon. Days of trash-talking are getting into short supply.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully we get the pairings announcement soon. Days of trash-talking are getting into short supply.

What are the odds on a Vman vs the field bet?

I think the bidding to be Ken's partner is well up into 5 digits at this point!

2015 THP Invitational at The Club at Savannah Harbor

I don't need to know the name of my partner to make a wager. Let's go.

I don't need to know the name of my partner to make a wager. Let's go.

Okay. I bet that Ken and his partner win the invitational.

Hmmmmmm I would take my wife KellyBo and I would like our chances :thumb:

Okay. I bet that Ken and his partner win the invitational.

Three in a row? That would be fantastic! Dare I say.....Grandaddy worthy?

I would take KellyBo as a teammate all day, every day and would like our chance against anybody!

After what I saw this weekend, wow, who wouldn't? Did either of you describe her shot of the day Saturday?

I'm coming down to that little south Georgia hick town :)alien:) with an attitude! My main priority is to have a ton of fun but ya know what, I got some unfinished business to take care of.

Sounds like a cool format. I've never played either.

Am I correct in assuming you guys like to put wagers on the tournament?

I'm coming down to that little south Georgia hick town :)alien:) with an attitude! My main priority is to have a ton of fun but ya know what, I got some unfinished business to take care of.

OG, "I'm getting tired of your meddling. This town ain't big enough for the both of us and I'm going to give you 24 hours to get out. If I see you in <Savannah> by this time <Saturday>, it's you or me!" :wink:

After what I saw this weekend, wow, who wouldn't? Did either of you describe her shot of the day Saturday?

You mean the one she hit out of the fairway bunker on the left of #10 fairway onto the green 5 foot from the hole and made birdie, nawwwww we didn't post it.

Sounds like a cool format. I've never played either.

Am I correct in assuming you guys like to put wagers on the tournament?

Nah it's all about having a good time. Maybe a drink or something like that, but nothing serious.

OG, "I'm getting tired of your meddling. This town ain't big enough for the both of us and I'm going to give you 24 hours to get out. If I see you in <Savannah> by this time <Saturday>, it's you or me!" :wink:

River Walk, 9:00 p.m. be there :deadhorse::D

Nah it's all about having a good time. Maybe a drink or something like that, but nothing serious.

I like that type of bet. One time when I paired with a guy I didn't know I bet him virtual beers for KP's. It made the golf that much more interesting and added some focus as well.

I think the bidding to be Ken's partner is well up into 5 digits at this point!

You guys have not been paying close attention. I'm in Atlanta with a team of doctors just trying to get my neck, shoulder and arm to the point where I can play this weekend. Even if I was totally healthy, I don't like the odds of winning three in a row. The lotto probably has better odds. (I'm playing it this week BTW). Not saying I'm not going to try my best to pull it off. I wouldn't be going through what I went through today and will the rest of the week if I wasn't serious about it.

So would I buddy. I'd love to pull KB as a partner myself.

Format Announcement​

Front 9 - Shamble. Both players tee off and choose the best drive out of the two. They then each play from there until the hole is completed for both players. Combined score of the hole is counted and triple bogey is the maximum allowable score per hole per player

Back 9 - Best Ball (Four ball) w/ A Twist - Each player will play their own ball for the duration of the 9 holes. The best score on each hole by each team of 2 is recorded. The twist is that both players must be represented on the scorecard at least twice on the back 9. Maximum allowable score is double par. The score being taken for a hole must be declared after each hole.

Just saw the format, I like this one a lot. Should be some hard choices and some not so hard choices this weekend.

The convo over the last few pages (excluding all that talk about v.man winning three in a row) is what makes that format so much fun. There are decisions to be made, especially on the back nine. There are obviously differences of opinion on proper strategy, and it makes you think.

The convo over the last few pages (excluding all that talk about v.man winning three in a row) is what makes that format so much fun. There are decisions to be made, especially on the back nine. There are obviously differences of opinion on proper strategy, and it makes you think.
It helps a lot, when you have the required hole score counts out of the way after the 13th and can play the rest with the throttle down.

It helps a lot, when you have the required hole score counts out of the way after the 13th and can play the rest with the throttle down.

That would be ideal for sure. Takes some pressure off both players no doubt :)

Back