2015 THP Thanksgiving Picture Feast Contest

First time ever having Thanksgiving without a big gathering. This year its just my wife, kids, and myself. Our daughter just wants a very traditional meal. so I may just have to post up the simple version that we put together. Actual looking forward to this.

Yes! One of my favorite threads of the year can't wait to see all the feasts

We had family in town from Texas so we celebrated over the weekend. Here is how our feast turned out:

Applewood smoked bourbon turkey with bourbon cider gravy.

1460c96d540fd064ae3d0b512feef245.jpg

Cranberry jalapeño cream cheese dip.

566bc7641209670825c228a2a6ebcc73.jpg

candied bacon and onion stuffing

5e281b3c6654372d654d9a6e97a3b7c5.jpg

First plate which included Cheesy green bean casserole

45b8459ea5cec8cd91728922c2737c3d.jpg

Wow, that's a great spread there. That cheesy green bean casserole sounds pretty good.

O man, everyone is a winner here.

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

It's time to make some apple sauce!

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

Was gonna ask for the recipe for the cranberry dip Eric but Freddie beat me to it. Thanks for linking.

Looking forward to to all the pics. This year, it's only the three of us so we will go out to a nice place that we like that is featuring a Thanksgiving menu. I'll be sampling off all the posts in here though. :act-up: Good luck everyone!

JM

This one hit the home page today. Good luck everybody, we hope you have a great Thanksgiving.

...and prepping for my feast starts today. Brine the turkey and will be making the pies. Let the fun begin!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prep begins today for us as well. JB will be brining his turkey and I will work on a coupe of dishes that can be partially made ahead. I will also be making the cornbread for the cornbread portion of the stuffing.

I make it today, cut it into cubes and let it dry out overnight so I have croutons for the stuffing the next day.

Prep begins today for us as well. JB will be brining his turkey and I will work on a coupe of dishes that can be partially made ahead. I will also be making the cornbread for the cornbread portion of the stuffing.

I make it today, cut it into cubes and let it dry out overnight so I have croutons for the stuffing the next day.

I take it that bird thawed out?

Prepping ahead the dishes you can makes for a less stressful Turkey day. I'm a fan!

Have a great Thanksgiving!

i started the prep last night... I'm frying a Turkey, so that shouldnt be too bad, but we have the ham, stuffed chicken and a bacon wrapped pork tenderloin. I'll probably knock out some sides today and leave the rest for tomorrow. I really excited about using the torch to glaze the ham!

My helper...
024dea6bf161d77dcb26dfa4c2d3accf.jpg

Made two pecan pies yesterday and put the turkey in the brine last night. Smoking ribs right now so I have room for the turkey and ham on the smoker tomorrow. It's time to get going as there was no more space left in the fridge.

Turkey is in the brine and tomorrow morning will go on the smoker. Should take about 5 hours I am guessing based on weight, but if its faster (like last year), we will pull them off and let them rest until 3pm when the meal is served.

The bacon turkey is off and running. Basting every hour or so!
2d26e4d1708c9757929daa755d3c8faa.jpg

This thread is already off to a great start...

Our table.

New plates for Turkey Day
1bfedebbdbab8be600b3842e0fb558e5.jpg

GG made the mugs for the homemade sangria
8f2052f934619baf446181154cc7c2cb.jpg

Whole table
7cf66eb85a7ea60a59633cb5287646b7.jpg

We are only on the hook for an appetizer, so we'e been prepping that today. I did laugh when my wife asked me to pick up fig jam at the store this morning.

Great looking tablescape. I like the personal touches on the mason jars
Our table.

New plates for Turkey Day
1bfedebbdbab8be600b3842e0fb558e5.jpg

GG made the mugs for the homemade sangria
8f2052f934619baf446181154cc7c2cb.jpg

Whole table
7cf66eb85a7ea60a59633cb5287646b7.jpg

THanks. She bought plain jars and added all of the stuff to them. Came out really well.
Even made frozen spheres of the Sangria for them as well instead of ice.

THanks. She bought plain jars and added all of the stuff to them. Came out really well.
Even made frozen spheres of the Sangria for them as well instead of ice.

The frozen sangria idea is great. Nothing better than a drink that stays cold and doesn't get watered down.

Great touches for the tableware. Looks great!

Those prepping early, let's see some pictures.

Almost done. Meal 1 of 3!!!
6663bfa3c1305be90e2bc5fa21002b12.jpg

Back