2016 Weight Loss and Nutrition Thread

Another week in the books, lost 3.8 lbs, putting the total at 25.8 so far. Thinking Im about half way at my goal right now

Another week in the books, lost 3.8 lbs, putting the total at 25.8 so far. Thinking Im about half way at my goal right now

Damn dude I'm further away than I thought. Solid work buddy!

Glad you will be the one on camera next week in Cali.

That is really really good.Congratulations

So, the fitbit is interesting.

I tend to pace when I lecture, basically I cannot stay in one place, as such, even with practice canceled on account of rain I am sitting at 24,000 steps. Wow.

I tend to pace when I lecture, basically I cannot stay in one place, as such, even with practice canceled on account of rain I am sitting at 24,000 steps. Wow.

I shall find you on the app.

Wow 24k is a big day for me to hit ... good job ... I think I average 13-14k a day ...

I am pretty happy with todays weigh in ... I am down 15 pounds since we started. I hit my goal weight, and heading toward my stretch goal ...

At OT tonight the class was crowded, so my instructor improvised, and he kick my butt ... I burned 779 calories ...

Doing pretty well on my journey so far this year. Weighed in early in January at my all time high on 252. Didn't lose much in January, but started doing better in February and have continued into March. Down 13.5 lbs to 238.5 so far.

The biggest thing for me was starting back on My fitness pal. It has really helped me realize that I was eating an insane amount (pretty obvious at my weight) and my diet was really high in sodium. So far, it had been all diet for me. I'm nursing a shoulder injury and haven't been able to work out for about three weeks.

My short term goal is to make it to 220 by July 1, which is definitely possible at my current rate. My long term goal is 190. I haven't been that light since high school.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Doing pretty well on my journey so far this year. Weighed in early in January at my all time high on 252. Didn't lose much in January, but started doing better in February and have continued into March. Down 13.5 lbs to 238.5 so far.

The biggest thing for me was starting back on My fitness pal. It has really helped me realize that I was eating an insane amount (pretty obvious at my weight) and my diet was really high in sodium. So far, it had been all diet for me. I'm nursing a shoulder injury and haven't been able to work out for about three weeks.

My short term goal is to make it to 220 by July 1, which is definitely possible at my current rate. My long term goal is 190. I haven't been that light since high school.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

never been in this thread before.
Your post has me giggling a bit as I am about almost exactly the same weight loss in the exact same time frame.

Went to the doctor in late Jan for a different reason and my BP was high, was getting eye pressure and even headaches. I am 51 and at 253 was the heaviest ever in my life. I am 6'1" and I do hold it well enough if one saw me so yea my belly was a bit large but didn't think I was ever that heavy. Anyway the BP and also bad levels of everything in my blood work gave me a real scare at 51yrs.... 51 is prime herat attack time so I made some drastic changes to my diet and fitness. Down to 238 in about 6 weeks (hence similar to you) and also got my BP down too:) Will be going back in april for a complete bloodwork again and all followup check.

I also (my whole life) have an issue with my 'good choloestoral" always being low. Which (in a way) can have the same effect as high bad cholesterol even if the bad cholesterol is not high so that's a battle in itself. Fish oils (omega3's) and exercise are the biggest boosters to help raise the good cholesterol. But unfortunately its minimal.

Anyway, Not just diet change but back to the gym at least 4 or 5 days per week (sometimes more depending on work).
I already notice a big difference with all the physical tasks I do. Its still hard with the eating though. I'm just trading fruits and veggies for junk for filling a craving. I did this about 6 years ago and lost 30lbs in 4 months just by doing that. But gained it all back a couple years later and surpassed my max weight by 3lbs before this latest adventure began.

Congratz on the weight loss to you. As I make my way through the 50's I want to be around for my wife and kids and also live to see grandkids one day. Not that I am rushing life away at all. I could stay right here forever at this age would be great..lol But none the less I don't want no friggin H.A. so I am determined to keep this up and make it happen. And also much like you 220 (whch is where I was 6 years ago after that health binge) is a nice weight for me. Any slimmer and I look too skinny. But I am hoping to get there in a few months by June as well. I don't have a set target date to do this but just to lose as much as possible as fast as I can while of course still eating right. of course the ocassional restaurant or family function throws things off abit but do well all the rest of the times and like last time I am convinced it will keep working as well as its been going so far.

never been in this thread before.
Your post has me giggling a bit as I am about almost exactly the same weight loss in the exact same time frame.

Went to the doctor in late Jan for a different reason and my BP was high, was getting eye pressure and even headaches. I am 51 and at 253 was the heaviest ever in my life. I am 6'1" and I do hold it well enough if one saw me so yea my belly was a bit large but didn't think I was ever that heavy. Anyway the BP and also bad levels of everything in my blood work gave me a real scare at 51yrs.... 51 is prime herat attack time so I made some drastic changes to my diet and fitness. Down to 238 in about 6 weeks (hence similar to you) and also got my BP down too:) Will be going back in april for a complete bloodwork again and all followup check.

I also (my whole life) have an issue with my 'good choloestoral" always being low. Which (in a way) can have the same effect as high bad cholesterol even if the bad cholesterol is not high so that's a battle in itself. Fish oils (omega3's) and exercise are the biggest boosters to help raise the good cholesterol. But unfortunately its minimal.

Anyway, Not just diet change but back to the gym at least 4 or 5 days per week (sometimes more depending on work).
I already notice a big difference with all the physical tasks I do. Its still hard with the eating though. I'm just trading fruits and veggies for junk for filling a craving. I did this about 6 years ago and lost 30lbs in 4 months just by doing that. But gained it all back a couple years later and surpassed my max weight by 3lbs before this latest adventure began.

Congratz on the weight loss to you. As I make my way through the 50's I want to be around for my wife and kids and also live to see grandkids one day. Not that I am rushing life away at all. I could stay right here forever at this age would be great..lol But none the less I don't want no friggin H.A. so I am determined to keep this up and make it happen. And also much like you 220 (whch is where I was 6 years ago after that health binge) is a nice weight for me. Any slimmer and I look too skinny. But I am hoping to get there in a few months by June as well. I don't have a set target date to do this but just to lose as much as possible as fast as I can while of course still eating right. of course the ocassional restaurant or family function throws things off abit but do well all the rest of the times and like last time I am convinced it will keep working as well as its been going so far.

I think it is pretty weird and amazing that we are almost at the exact same point Rollin. I too had a bad doctor experience in October of last year and it scared me. I had high liver function and I don't drink. Turned out my doctor said it was a fatty liver because I had gained so much weight. Definitely not a good feeling. I'll be 39 in less than a week and my biggest fear is not being around for my kids when they are older. My whole family has heart issues and somehow I have avoided the early warning signs, but I knew I couldn't maintain the path I was on. It is definitely not a good feeling when your fat pants start getting tight and you get winded swinging a golf club.

My big thing right now is to get back to working out. I have done a little recently, but not enough to call is a workout plan. I ran a half marathon in 2012 and was in the best shape of my life around 215 or 220lbs. After that I decided to take a break and relax for a few weeks. Now 3+ years later and I'm over 30lbs heavier and slowly getting back into shape. Now that I don't have to wear five layers of clothes to go running, I'm hoping I can begin again.

Congratulations on your journey so far! I hope your blood work in April is better and your doctor is happy with your progress. Hopefully we can continue to pace each other to July.

Wow 24k is a big day for me to hit ... good job ... I think I average 13-14k a day ...

I am pretty happy with todays weigh in ... I am down 15 pounds since we started. I hit my goal weight, and heading toward my stretch goal ...

At OT tonight the class was crowded, so my instructor improvised, and he kick my butt ... I burned 779 calories ...

Our classes have been packed the last couple of weeks, so we have done a lot of impromptu tornado classes. I personally love them, so I have really enjoyed class even though it has kicked my butt! We did a ton of arms today and right now my arms feel like jello. I normally drive with one hand but I had to use two because trying to hold up just one made it shake.

I am with you, I average about 12-14K as well, 24 is incredible! I clearly need to get up and move more.

Every single time I come back from either grabbing a snack or lunch this thread is mocking me. I GET it, I need to jump back on the wagon!!

Every single time I come back from either grabbing a snack or lunch this thread is mocking me. I GET it, I need to jump back on the wagon!!

You aren't alone. I fell off the wagon hard, and got run over by it like 10 times. But I am back on again, and with JB traveling next week it will allow me to be more disciplined.

I've been on the 200lb plateau for months now. I understand that building muscle will do this sort of thing, but I'm itching to step on the scale and see a number beginning with '1'.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I've been on the 200lb plateau for months now. I understand that building muscle will do this sort of thing, but I'm itching to step on the scale and see a number beginning with '1'.

why? I don't mean to be creepy, but at liita last year you seemed to be in really good shape. sounds like it's muscle weight?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

why? I don't mean to be creepy, but at liita last year you seemed to be in really good shape. sounds like it's muscle weight?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Vanity is one heck of a drug. Thanks, by the way. I'm looking to get down to my pre IT job weight and the 1xx scale figure is part of it.

This is not as healthy as a normal Greek yogurt, but for a healthier dessert option it's delicious!

b8ce91324256d9102fd79cd00b68c261.jpg

GG have you tried Siggis?

This is not as healthy as a normal Greek yogurt, but for a healthier dessert option it's delicious!

This is my dessert/treat (2 tablespoons at a time unfortunately):

p153515z.jpg

Ok the halo top ice cream is fantastic IMO. No it isn't Ben and Jerrys and it does have a bit of that artificial sweetener taste, but it absolutely hits the spot for me. Doesn't hurt a whole pint of the vanilla is less than 250 calories. Just wish it wasn't so expensive

Ok the halo top ice cream is fantastic IMO. No it isn't Ben and Jerrys and it does have a bit of that artificial sweetener taste, but it absolutely hits the spot for me. Doesn't hurt a whole pint of the vanilla is less than 250 calories. Just wish it wasn't so expensive

I had the exact same thoughts, you can definitely taste a little artificial something, but it's not that bad. For the calories, it's totally worth it. I would love to try other flavors, but like you said it's so damn expensive!

Back