2018-2019 College Football Thread

OU restricts Austin Kendall from playing immediately at WVA as a graduate transfer if he decides to transfer there. He can still transfer but can't play football.
Would he be eligible to play elsewhere? I've obviously lost track of the rules.

Would he be eligible to play elsewhere? I've obviously lost track of the rules.

Yes, he can play anywhere according to the NCAA. A Big 12 rule states the school can prevent him from playing for another in-conference school.

My personal opinion is that if you're talking about an undergrad, sure, limit their ability to go in-conference. If they've contributed to your program for multiple years and graduated, why not let them go somewhere else if they think they'll be able to play for the one year.

We had a back-up QB graduate and transfer to Iowa St for this next season so he could play his last year with his brother. I certainly don't want everyone to do this, especially if they're a good player, but ultimately, if they've graduated, I don't see why they shouldn't be able to.

The transfer portal is Tinder for college football.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Oh, this one sounds great, he's into reading defenses, avoiding turnovers and running for big gains when forced to.

Yeah but it also says he likes to wake and bake, and no girl can resist him. He sounds like a PR problem, let's go with the guy from Utah.

Oklahoma is getting a good QB. Glad Hurts will get his chance to shine again.

OU restricts Austin Kendall from playing immediately at WVA as a graduate transfer if he decides to transfer there. He can still transfer but can't play football.

Little bit of sorry in this esp. since they got their transfer QB. But to each his own I guess.

EDIT: Looks like OUSuxs backtracked and his giving the kid a full release. Good move.

Little bit of sorry in this esp. since they got their transfer QB. But to each his own I guess.

EDIT: Looks like OUSuxs backtracked and his giving the kid a full release. Good move.

He was just granted his transfer

He was just granted his transfer

I got my edit in before you posted......Ha-Ha!!! Yes!!

And I'm going to go ahead and go on record......I'm not sure Hurts wins the starting job next year. There you go.

And I'm going to go ahead and go on record......I'm not sure Hurts wins the starting job next year. There you go.

giphy.gif

I don't think it's unreasonable to say we are happy to see you leave, but you can't go against someone we play next year. I think that is a reasonable expectation.

I don't think it's unreasonable to say we are happy to see you leave, but you can't go against someone we play next year. I think that is a reasonable expectation.

Maybe but the portal is changing things and that thought process might be about over.....unless they wanted to transfer to Texas. Ha.

Sorry couldn't respond sooner, but I kin d of feel sorry for Austin. OU has the best of both worlds, they have Hurts, and they also restrict Austin for playing at WVA. I also kind of see it at OU's level that they don't want Austin to give out plays and certain performance characteristics of players to opponents. Almost like the business world. They did give the guy a full release, but they limited his playing.

Rattler will redshirt since he is not enrolling early.
Mordecai is good but I think Hurts will get the job then Lincoln gives the keys to rattler next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let’s go Jalen!!!!

Let’s go Jalen!!!!

All my Bama friends lived hurts and say he is going to de well in Norman

Hey Jman what do you think of Hurts coming in? And the new coaches?

Hey Jman what do you think of Hurts coming in? And the new coaches?

Smart move, four new olinemen isn’t something you want a freshman starting behind, Hurts is mobile and will be fine with the receivers he has and has incoming. Plus, Rattler doesn’t enroll until June, not enough time for a frosh. He did post a pic last night of he and Hurts with the comment iron sharpens iron, so that’s a good sin because he’s the future of this offensive machine.

The offense will be fine.

I like the new staff, and they have people fired up already. An identity change was needed, and Grinch and company will bring is. Think about it, just force one more turnover a game, and that’s a 14 point swing most times with this offense.

Don’t need a top 40 defense, just a top 70 one.

Smart move, four new olinemen isn’t something you want a freshman starting behind, Hurts is mobile and will be fine with the receivers he has and has incoming. Plus, Rattler doesn’t enroll until June, not enough time for a frosh. He did post a pic last night of he and Hurts with the comment iron sharpens iron, so that’s a good sin because he’s the future of this offensive machine.

I like the new staff, and they have people fired up already. An identity change was needed, and Grinch and company will bring is. Think about it, just force one more turnover a game, and that’s a 14 point swing most times with this offense.

I agree. Is Rattler would have enrolled earlier I would have said give him the keys now. I think hurts leadership and toughness will go a long was with our young offense. I am curious what Mordecai will do, he has serious talent.

I like Grinch and I Think he will make our D better. If he can get us pressure without having to blitz every play that would be a great start.

I agree. Is Rattler would have enrolled earlier I would have said give him the keys now. I think hurts leadership and toughness will go a long was with our young offense. I am curious what Mordecai will do, he has serious talent.

I like Grinch and I Think he will make our D better. If he can get us pressure without having to blitz every play that would be a great start.

The pressure thing is a Jimmies and Joes aspect more than X’s and O’s. If you don’t have the horses, it doesn’t matter what you do.

The pressure thing is a Jimmies and Joes aspect more than X’s and O’s. If you don’t have the horses, it doesn’t matter what you do.

True but perhaps he can recruit us the next Gerald mccoy in the future

Didn't you say he lacks the arm talent to run the offense? Think they will a more run based offense?

Didn't you say he lacks the arm talent to run the offense? Think they will a more run based offense?

He can’t put it in windows like Baker or Kyler could, but, he can hit the open routes OU loves to run downfield. Plus, he seems to throw better on the run.

Lincoln is a whiz, he’s evolved the offense twice now and I’d bet by the time season rolls around we really see a nice evolution of the scheme with more RPO involved.

Read today that a record 135 underclassmen have declared for the NFL draft... previous record of 119 was last year....
Is this just guys trying to cash their tickets? Worries about injuries in college (Nick Bosa), fears of CTE, talent level is getting progressively better, something else or what?

Read today that a record 135 underclassmen have declared for the NFL draft... previous record of 119 was last year....
Is this just guys trying to cash their tickets? Worries about injuries in college (Nick Bosa), fears of CTE, talent level is getting progressively better, something else or what?

Dolla dolla, y'all.

Back