Northerner;n8892520 said:
What does he got...$40 million in earnings at this point? I could make whatever he has, work.

He has a degree in engineering from Stanford, so as I said, he's more intelligent than like 99.99% of NFLers anyways.

But anyone would be not-human to look at his potential future earnings and at least ponder the idea..

Smart guy like Luck should walk into the owners office and say "screw the money, I want partial ownership of the franchise...and let's make this work..." lol

If guys like Theo Epstein (I think in the future, won't ask for money - they will outright ask for stake in ownership) could perhaps argue for franchise ownership, why shouldn't a player?

I would agree, but like you said he has options outside of football. This is not always the option for some of these guys who have no plan B. I get his position, I also get the side of not walking away from so much money, but if it means never walking again then the money isn't worth it either.

What does he got...$40 million in earnings at this point? I could make whatever he has, work.

He made $100 million on the field, and I'm sure plenty more off of it.

I just have no idea how the falcons will do this year. New/old OC may ruin this offense but who knows...so many variables

Call me sexiest, but this women’s U.S. soccer player, Carli Lloyd is on NFL network talking about how teams offered her a chance to try out for kicker on an couple NFL teams. I don’t doubt she can kick the ball, but what happens when a player tries to block her kick and she gets knocked down? I am all for equality, but we can’t deny the fact that a woman and a man are still built differently. There is no way that is safe or a good idea.

It's complete nonsense. It will be a cold day in hell before a woman ever plays in the NFL. Nothing "sexist" about it, it's just the hard truth.

Remember when Dez Bryant was a thing?

he's more intelligent than like 99.99% of NFLers anyways.

Luck has suffered several football related injuries. I believe he is smart enough to understand that remaining in the NFl (and collecting more money) is not worth the danger to his mind and body.

(I think in the future, won't ask for money - they will outright ask for stake in ownership) could perhaps argue for franchise ownership, why shouldn't a player?

Majority ownership of major sports franchises rarely change hands, so being a minority percentage owner is likely not as good as receiving annual cash compensation.
For example, lots of teams have a 2% owner here or a 5% owner there, but those small percentage owners have little practical way to actually cash out on their previous investment. Sometimes the majority owner is willing to buy out a minority owners position, and other times a minority owner can find someone to buy out his/her small percentage ownership position, but valuing the team accurately and, or, fractional ownership discounts applied etc...usually do not make this a compelling investment. So for these reasons I don't expect a trend to emerge where players , managers, coaches etc... demand a small percentage of team ownership.

JB;n8894102 said:
Remember when Dez Bryant was a thing?

then he broke his foot and lost all his speed, same thing happened to shaun alexander

playing hurt didn't help either

Paxton Lynch cut by the Seahawks, Geno freakin Smith will be Russell Wilson's coat rack on the sideline

GolferGal;n8893046 said:
Call me sexiest, but this women’s U.S. soccer player, Carli Lloyd is on NFL network talking about how teams offered her a chance to try out for kicker on an couple NFL teams. I don’t doubt she can kick the ball, but what happens when a player tries to block her kick and she gets knocked down? I am all for equality, but we can’t deny the fact that a woman and a man are still built differently. There is no way that is safe or a good idea.

To be honest she might be built stronger than some current kickers in the NFL haha. I do believe that male NFL players should not have to decide whether or not to hit a female half his size on a live play after a blocked kick.

I just saw some local HS football highlights last night and one HS team had a female kicker. In theory it COULD happen. The U.S. Women's national team got beat by high school boys though IIR, and she was part of that. The U.S. women's national hockey team gets beat by average HS hockey teams in my state. I just think it's far more unlikely than the "news" would have us believe.

(Before anyone brings her up, Manon Rhéaume was nothing more than a publicity stunt.)

ah, saturday morning misogyny. oh and some kicker ribs too

Misogyny?

Let me know when the women's National Team can beat a good high school boys team. :angel:

Northerner;n8895620 said:
Misogyny?

Let me know when the women's National Team can beat a good high school boys team. :angel:

According to several sources, that was essentially a practice/scrimmage. It was supposed to be a goodwill gesture for the boys team - give them something to brag about to their kids. No way the USWNT was going all-out when they had an actual game in a few days.

Also, it's not uncommon for HS girls to kick for their football team. I believe 2-3 times in the last 10 years for our team it has happened.

Grins;n8895689 said:
According to several sources, that was essentially a practice/scrimmage. It was supposed to be a goodwill gesture for the boys team - give them something to brag about to their kids. No way the USWNT was going all-out when they had an actual game in a few days.

Also, it's not uncommon for HS girls to kick for their football team. I believe 2-3 times in the last 10 years for our team it has happened.

Women's national hockey team can not handle solid boys HS teams here in MN. Even good programs in "off" years have beat them.

But you have to keep in mind, those boys have to alter their play probably more than the most elite women hockey players because they can not check (like they're used to).

I'm not trying to be harsh, but women are just not in the same league as men.

Is there a chance that this is all a publicity stunt from the two owners (or however many it was) to get butts in the seats? I think it's possible. I would honestly be completely shocked if a women ever made the NFL, and I will admit I was wrong if they ever prove me wrong.

Truthfully the Vikings kicker situation is (once again) so dire that she might actually make the Vikes' squad. :bulgy-eyes:

Northerner;n8895760 said:
Truthfully the Vikings kicker situation is (once again) so dire that she might actually make the Vikes' squad. :bulgy-eyes:
Meanwhile the kicker they drafted then cut last year is looking like a stud for Oakland.

Wake;n8895853 said:
Meanwhile the kicker they drafted then cut last year is looking like a stud for Oakland.

I kind of knew that would happen. The way these teams function some times doesn't seem logical.

That little guy for the Bills, the reason they cut Shady is freaking fun to watch. His highlight reel is insane.

RB headed everywhere.
Hyde moving on. McCoy moving on.
Could make for an interesting week 1.

I bet you wish you had this
6724b00e7a0c366e254e45ef7764428e.jpg

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

jhtr20;n8896545 said:
I bet you wish you had this
6724b00e7a0c366e254e45ef7764428e.jpg

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

They should win (at least) 12 games this season. Let's see if they can repeat. :blob:

Keep checking for that Zeke signing. Need him week one.

Back