2020 Bridgestone Tour B Golf Balls

I really enjoy playing the B RX. Works better overall than the B RXS. But at half the cost I refer my gamer balls, Callaway Supersoft & Hex Tour Soft. After playing numerous balls in the last month, the 2 Callaway balls suit my swing very well.

Played TourB RX today. Really like the ball. Just jumps off of irons and on the short game, it’s outstanding. 2dz yellow incoming on Tuesday.

Cant wait to try these out!!! This past year I played Bridgestone balls exclusively and could not be happier.. .IMO they make the best performing golf balls!

Yup. Unless I’m out in the winter or the mud where I’m going to lose half a dozen (or when I forget how to golf, which happens see: THP Bridgestone Championship last summer), the TourB RX is my best friend. High trajectory and a high spin player, even with reduced CHS post accident, it’s still the best ball for me. Into the wind is where it makes the biggest difference. I’m no longer taking 3-4 extra clubs into a stiff wind. 1-2 is plenty. Best wind fighting ball ever that still has some hop and stop by the green.

I don’t zip em back like the XS, but I’m perfectly happy with my ball stopping almost exactly where it hits the green. Too often with high spin balls they balloon into the wind or will zip back more than I want when I clip a wedge a little too fine. They’re also no ionomer cover ball that’s going to run out on you.

If you’re high trajectory/spin, and you haven’t played them, they are amazing. It’ll make you hate the wind less.

My son, just turned 15, and is a better golfer than me, (5.2 to end last year although he stopped daily practice and isn’t playing to that.... yet) plays the XS. He hits a low draw and they help him hold greens. He doesn’t have to worry about the zip, just holding the green. They go incredibly far for him too. He was hitting on on a Trackman 4 and was getting more than 10 yards more than his “optimized” distance because of that low draw running out. Carry was like 247, total close to 280. They had him optimized at 255 and 270. He said thanks but I’ll take the roll.

It did show some swing flaws. One, he’s hitting 8* up on the ball and only launching at 10*. Huh? His hands are so far ahead he barely has any loft in the club. Even in my long drive days I never heard of anyone hitting 8* up regularly. That’s with 4” tees, that’s him with a standard one.

Anyways, we did a complete short game comparison with the XS versus “The Ball”. It won in every area. If a chip was clipped, it hopped and stopped. Even from 10 yards. Competitor showed a little runout. Downhill bunker shots were 6ft of roll vs 10ft. Uphill were hop and stop, the other rolled out a couple. It wasn’t either of of seeing this, it was both of us.

There’s a lot of good/great tour balls. I happen to think Bridgestone does it a little better than others and by offering basically 4 of them, they cater to everyone.

Made it out twice this week and played 2 pretty tough courses. The RX continues to perform extremely well, and just gives me an added confidence boost off the tee and around the greens. On Saturday I hit 6 fairways and went through the dog leg on 5 others because "I hit it too far and too straight" These aren't typical problems for me :ROFLMAO: but the RX for sure seems to have a straighter flight for me. Not to say it won't fade because on the bad swings it sure will, but generally it stays on the planet whereas in the past other balls have just launched 3 fairways over if it's mishit.

Yup. It’ll hook too. You just have to work a little extra on those types of shots. Typical flight is low (for me) and straight. What I am continually amazed is how consistent it is into the wind. As a high flight/high spin player it likes to ignore that.

Really loving these, plenty of distance and easy to move the ball on the green.

Been playing the Tour B XS most of the season so far. Been struggling a bit off the tee and put the Tour B X in play today. I saw a much more penetrating ball flight and less spin off the driver. Ironically that is what the V-fit system recommended for me but why would I listen? Haha

Been playing the Tour B XS most of the season so far. Been struggling a bit off the tee and put the Tour B X in play today. I saw a much more penetrating ball flight and less spin off the driver. Ironically that is what the V-fit system recommended for me but why would I listen? Haha

B XS fits my overall all around game better, but last year I know darn well my best driving days were with the B X. To me it always looked like a better flight and held a straight line much better

I could happily play either but ive gotten much more aggressive with wedge shots and now rely on the B XS to stop quickly

Tried a 3 pack of the new B XS and haven’t seen a ball spin like this before.. I have 8 dozen left of the previous model so will keep playing those but man I want the new ones!

90 yards out and hit a low 50* off the back foot

BA73DF44-9FD0-4431-BA7D-485C62526FB8.jpeg

So it looks like these have gone back to $44.95 a dozen

So here is my VFit report from May 25th
Used EF 9° and TourB XS 2018 edition:
638BDC3A-3F19-4925-BE2A-F1EC22419B2A.jpeg
Here is my report from Saturday using Mavrik SZ 9° and TM TP5 2019 edition:606DAED6-ADBB-464B-91BA-F1BD036FDBF2.jpeg
Seems odd that the ball speed is exactly the same. Bumping @rehbirdie it see if that could happen?

Last edited:
I went back the Bridgestone website and read the description of RX. They note the ball has Drop and Stop short game spin. In my usage with this ball I would say that is spot on. I’ve had it happen more than once. Hit a 60° and it drops and stops on the green.

The X is in the bag today.

Can someone advise why someone would choose the Tour B X ball over the TP5X?
This is not snark attack in away way.

I feel like the Tour B X ball is heavy, solid, penetrating. A cannonball

The TP5X feels solid, maybe more explosive (I know it really isn't), stable. A rocket or ICBM
Both perform, so it's not like 1 is "better".

I'm torn and cannot figure out anything to separate the 2.
I am also trying to play 1 ball all year.
I wish I would have seen this earlier, sorry about that. I was playing the TP5X before switching to the BX. The TP5X is an excellent golf ball, no doubt. For me, the BX has been better in two major categories: less spin off the tee, and more spin around the greens. For me, the major factor is the less spin off the tee which has given me a bit more distance, but more importantly has kept many more balls in play for me.

I also really like the B logo compared to the Taylormade script, as visually there is less going on and I can focus on the B off the tee. If I want to fade the ball, I can move the B outside. If I am slicing, I move the B more inside to get me to come more from the inside.

I have loved this ball, it’s been a huge performer for me.

The X is in the bag today.

I'll be rocking the X this morning too at one of my favorite little 9 hole courses.

I have finally committed to the Tour B RX. Months ago VFIT fitted me into the RX. I always thought I was an RXS guy but I was mistaken.

The RX is a complete ball for me. It reacts around the greens just how I like and it feels great off driver and irons

I wish I would have seen this earlier, sorry about that. I was playing the TP5X before switching to the BX. The TP5X is an excellent golf ball, no doubt. For me, the BX has been better in two major categories: less spin off the tee, and more spin around the greens. For me, the major factor is the less spin off the tee which has given me a bit more distance, but more importantly has kept many more balls in play for me.

I also really like the B logo compared to the Taylormade script, as visually there is less going on and I can focus on the B off the tee. If I want to fade the ball, I can move the B outside. If I am slicing, I move the B more inside to get me to come more from the inside.

I have loved this ball, it’s been a huge performer for me.

It definitely spins more around the greens for me. Combine that with one is seamless and the other has a rather large seam and it was an easy choice for me. Others might be different.

Going to have the Tour RX in play later this afternoon for 18 holes.

Going to have the Tour RX in play later this afternoon for 18 holes.

Interested in thought on RX. Been jumping back and forth between TP5 & RX. TP5 feels better for me on irons but they are really close. RX feels so soft on irons but don’t launch high as TP5. Is it mean less spins? Played TP5 18 today with mix feeling. Gonna put in RX coming Tuesday on same course see what happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I din’t like the RX so much out on the course today. I replaced it on the back 9 with a Pro V1X and I played better. It was only part of a round and I will give it another go. I like the feel of the B RX better.

Playing yellow B RX tomorrow in a tournament. A first. I have had a little trouble lately tracking my ball against the light blue and white proofed sky, and it will be nice to know which ball is mine at a glance. Up close the slightly translucent yellow doesn't look as sticky, but I assume in play it will be the same as the white cover.

I prefer the B X overall, esp. if I need more spin. But no yellow. The RX does have a nice soft feel off the putter that I do like.

Up close the slightly translucent yellow doesn't look as sticky, but I assume in play it will be the same as the white cover.
Played them both side by side this weekend and they perform identically so no worries for you there!

Back