2020 Toulon Putter Thread

I guess @KEV needs to get in gear now and get his Chicago. :)

So, on our 9th hole, I lipped my second putt of the nine. I left three others dead in the heart but short. The ball seemed like it was glued to the green.

....but it didn't improve my putting. Got a wonderful compliment from a friend of one of my regular playing partners saying how much he enjoyed watching me roll it, but it kind of took me by surprise because to that point, I hadn't made a damn thing on the greens.

After the 13th hole of the day, I switched back to my regular gamer, and one hole later, I drained a 20 footer for birdie. I just... I don't even really know.

That said, the Toulon Chicago is kind of awesome. Puts a beautiful roll on the ball, looks fantastic at addres.. It just... didn't make me better.

So, on our 9th hole, I lipped my second putt of the nine. I left three others dead in the heart but short. The ball seemed like it was glued to the green.

....but it didn't improve my putting. Got a wonderful compliment from a friend of one of my regular playing partners saying how much he enjoyed watching me roll it, but it kind of took me by surprise because to that point, I hadn't made a damn thing on the greens.

After the 13th hole of the day, I switched back to my regular gamer, and one hole later, I drained a 20 footer for birdie. I just... I don't even really know.

That said, the Toulon Chicago is kind of awesome. Puts a beautiful roll on the ball, looks fantastic at addres.. It just... didn't make me better.

Was that the first round with it? Maybe it's just waiting for the second round to really impress you.

Or maybe you should just stay with that awesomeness that is your normal gamer!

I threw my Atlanta back in the bag tonight and felt like I was putting better than I have been. I keep going back to the feel and how much I love it. That feel has become the gold standard for me, I just need to find that unicorn putter that I'll stick with.

Was that the first round with it? Maybe it's just waiting for the second round to really impress you.

Or maybe you should just stay with that awesomeness that is your normal gamer!
WHERE WAS THIS A WEEK AGO?!

My shoulders are strong, but you obviously need to put your heart into the Chicago to unlock the power. Next round will be 26 putts total
I've got two rounds scheduled for this weekend (weather pending).

We'll see if it beats the 13 hole mark set today, tomorrow.

I've got two rounds scheduled for this weekend (weather pending).

We'll see if it beats the 13 hole mark set today, tomorrow.
Anything surprise you about it? Anything you dislike?

Maybe it is the grip, ya that's it, you should have gotten the right grip. :cool:

Anything surprise you about it? Anything you dislike?

Maybe it is the grip, ya that's it, you should have gotten the right grip. :cool:
I love it. Ball seems absolutely glued to the green, and I got a great compliment despite not making anything hahaha

Man I wish the Chicago came with a slant neck option.

I know this is the 2020 model thread but I'm curious if anyone has tried a Rochester model? I'm kind of interested in that smaller size.

I know this is the 2020 model thread but I'm curious if anyone has tried a Rochester model? I'm kind of interested in that smaller size.
Did you not see the post above yours?!!! :)

• Haha
Reactions: KEV
Is the 20g plate the lightest they offer?

Also, what tool works to get the plate off? I'm curious about what the putter head would feel like without the plate at all?

Well hello there...image.jpg

Is the 20g plate the lightest they offer?

Also, what tool works to get the plate off? I'm curious about what the putter head would feel like without the plate at all?
Pretty sure A7 is the lightest, goes up to T40 Torx bit T15 will take the weights off.

Back