2021 Irons - What ya thinking?

I currently have new 921 forged sitting in the garage but that hasn’t stopped the iron ponder. I may end up with a second set before the snow melts and will do my testing on the course. Right now there are a few on the short list, pxg 0311T’s, Callaway x-forged cb, cobra mim tour, Srixon zx7’s & the ping i210’s for some reason have been on my mind lately. Pretty sure that ponder list will grow once we see the new apex line. My biggest dilemma right now is what shaft, not many options to get fit properly and with the 921’s I spent quite a bit of time hitting indoors before purchasing and still think I made a mistake (got caught up on the look of the shaft) those dam project x lz blackouts look awesome but don’t think they are the right fit for me. If I could easily swap shafts in them i would probably do that

For me it will somewhat depend on how I golf this coming season. If it turns out I'm just an "occasionally plays golf with buddies" golfer, then there probably won't be an irons upgrade. I hit the TaylorMade clones I have well enough for that.

However, if I get into golf more seriously--say, play a league or something, and my game improves to the point I feel new irons would actually make a difference, then new irons are a definite possibility.

Let me put it this way: I've $600 from an on-going consulting gig and $600 in government stimulus money that is currently reserved just in case I decide to upgrade the irons ;)

If I upgrade, so far Srixon ZX5 and Cobra RADSPEED irons look like the best bet for me. I will get fitted for that kind of investment.

If I go RAD, I may go really rad and go OL, but, with my swing speed that might not make sense. I suppose the fitting will tell.

ZX5’s are on order!

I'm going the mizuno HMB route.

Definitely something Cobra! Whether it will be RAD Speed or King Tour or something different who knows!
Why do you keep getting new Cobra irons every year?

Not really, but one never knows. Will have some icons as I miss my ftw15 but will try everything available more than likely. Going to be hard as I've tempted the bag four years in a row and still have them in the bag, well newer model.

No change for me as I just got my T200's and they are working well.

Just got a new set but anyone who knows me, knows that doesn't mean a damn thing... 😆

I already have a list of alternate options and everything isn't even out yet!

Or maybe the new Srixon lineup

Or whatever equipment rabbit hole @Jman leads me down.........

I think your talk of HMP is bananas, and you will not do it.

I think I will try a couple more and end up in a ZX, Apex, or P7 combo.

Will check out the OL rads speed. Want to compare them to OL forge tec. Not sure I can give up the forge tecs. If my forge tecs were one length I wouldn’t even be considering a change

There are a couple options.
I've had one of my best ever golf years this past season with a set of Mavrik irons. There's absolutely nothing wrong with them.
While I may want something new for 2020, the wife is pressuring me to just wait for the grandaddy.

921 Forged lead my list right now. Cobra MIM are interesting. Very much want to see the new Apex. Once that is released, probably will do a fitting with all 3.

i recently sold my irons so i will definitely be buying new ones. i am leaning towards the cobra radspeed one length. going to take the one length plunge

One length then?
ooooohhhhhh, now that is a million dollar question.

I picked up the Forged TEC OL last time I was in the PGA store and it messed with my head visually, have to actually hit them

921 Forged lead my list right now. Cobra MIM are interesting. Very much want to see the new Apex. Once that is released, probably will do a fitting with all 3.

The 921s and the new King Tours are both awesome options. The King Tours are currently atop the list of my alternates.

I think your talk of HMP is bananas, and you will not do it.

I think I will try a couple more and end up in a ZX, Apex, or P7 combo.
Psst, zx combo..do it...before they're all gone...😳

Some of you are going to have your minds broken....soon

Back