2022 Hurricane Season Thread

Just learned about this.

Supposed to be in the Keys next week. I guess that will be a bust :(
I don’t think that’s going to happen given the best of scenarios. But if you do make it now or anytime and have time for a drink and/or dinner, let me know and I’ll head down to join you. Wait until you hear my thoughts on Dynamic Fishing Limits.

Yeah I’m supposed to potentially be heading out of town next week. If Ian intensifies I won’t be leaving the family or potentially taking them with me.
You should be good to go that far north. Me, I’m going to ride it out.

Does anyone know if this storm is pronounced “E-an” or “I-an”? I would like to know so I can do the opposite and annoy people this week.

Last edited:
It not like we haven't had any rain in the last week of so. :rolleyes:. SO now we get some wind to mix with it.
I’m so salty about this. Would have been nice to hit balls before the Morgan cup not off of a wet sponge but I guess that’s asking too much

Does anyone know if this storm Mae is pronounced “E-an” or “I-an”? I would like to know so I can do the opposite and annoy people this week.
E-Yahn.

Does anyone know if this storm Mae is pronounced “E-an” or “I-an”? I would like to know so I can do the opposite and annoy people this week.
It is pronounced E-an, so use, I-an. :D

I’m so salty about this. Would have been nice to hit balls before the Morgan cup not off of a wet sponge but I guess that’s asking too much
Today in my area, the last few days we have had some strong winds coming from the east from Fiona which made hitting balls exciting plus the humidity was nuts. Today its 58% humidity with a light 11 mph from the east, so its beach day for the wife and pruning my two queen palms for me. Its dried out Thats for sure.

Today in my area, the last few days we have had some strong winds coming from the east from Fiona which made hitting balls exciting plus the humidity was nuts. Today its 58% humidity with a light 11 mph from the east, so its beach day for the wife and pruning my two queen palms for me. Its dried out Thats for sure.
It was a hot soup yesterday. I look forward to dumb Ian at least taking some of the humidity out of the area even for just a day or so :(

5pm euro is out, they are anticipating Hurricane Stupid to be a cat 4 briefly and then smack either just about even with Ocala/Gainesville, or go for round two in FWB/Pensacola :(

5pm euro is out, they are anticipating Hurricane Stupid to be a cat 4 briefly and then smack either just about even with Ocala/Gainesville, or go for round two in FWB/Pensacola :(
Still being pushed west. I’m all for that along with some reduction in wind speed. would be nice. But a lot can occur between now and next wed. 🙏🏻 For weakening.
54C19458-8D8E-4DA0-842C-2B699F1F7ABF.png

Last edited:
Still being pushed west. I’m all for that along with some reduction in wind speed. would be nice. But a lot can occur between now and next wed. 🙏🏻 For weakening.
View attachment 9123045
100% can. But also, could go the other way and be stronger just the same.

Hey Ian, I kinda have a golf event in a few weeks so if YOU COULD JUST NOT 😡🤬

Follow Denis Phillips on FB. Meteorologist for WFTS/Tampa. Highly respected. Tonight at 7 PM EDT he will host a live deep dive on his FB page irt Ian. Waiting patiently for a definitive track.

Follow Denis Phillips on FB. Meteorologist for WFTS/Tampa. Highly respected. Tonight at 7 PM EDT he will host a live deep dive on his FB page irt Ian. Waiting patiently for a definitive track.
Love me some Denis Phillips.

Rule 7

If he breaks Rule 7 next week, I may have to start drinking again. 😝
I think it’s shifted enough west that he’s safe and sound at this point

There is going to be some fascinatingly scary satellite imagery early next week.

For those of you who do not live in a state prone to hurricanes, I thought this explanation of wind speeds could be helpful.

EDA93FAE-5405-49C8-B7C5-8DF47E9E493E.jpeg

Last edited:
These folks down here aren’t even concerned which is concerning…

I’m super prepared, so The Villages are safe. :oops:

Maybe they won’t have to flood too many of the golf courses, like they did with Irma.

These folks down here aren’t even concerned which is concerning…
I think most of us down here near the tip don’t think it’s going to be a direct hit here. I think the keys will be fine if it keeps jogging west. @MWard , on the other hand, may want to buy a helmet. Just in case.

I think most of us down here near the tip don’t think it’s going to be a direct hit here. I think the keys will be fine if it keeps jogging west. @MWard , on the other hand, may want to buy a helmet. Just in case.
I was already planning on being out of town, but now I moved it a day up and from a different airport to be safe. This just cost me money I wasn’t wanting to spend 🙄

Yep based on the latest trajectory it looks to be moving a little west. My deep sea fishing charter was canceled this morning though which is a bummer. Guess it’s time to rent a jet ski and 🎣

Yep based on the latest trajectory it looks to be moving a little west. My deep sea fishing charter was canceled this morning though which is a bummer. Guess it’s time to rent a jet ski and 🎣
On Sunday? Where was the charter leaving from, the keys?

1664113588769.png

Back