If I am cleared to play, I expect to be included in one round - so would @PapaJohick 😬

Absolutely! I really appreciate the rundown. I definitely think we'll be balling on a budget so that the non-golfers will still be interested but these sound like some great options!

Looks like I have some research to do but this helps a lot, thanks again!

Absolutely! I really appreciate the rundown. I definitely think we'll be balling on a budget so that the non-golfers will still be interested but these sound like some great options!

Looks like I have some research to do but this helps a lot, thanks again!
Got it - while the golf is expensive at Kiawah - you do have some food options and beaches close by - same with Seabrook - but the traffic on and off island - maddening - we see it every time we visit a few places along the way there. We almost bought in that area - traffic killed it for us - and we vacationed in that area for the better part of 20+ years!

Look for some Airbnb's there are out there - though things a bit different here (I think), you might be pleasantly surprised. There are also all manor hotel/inn/dump in the city - and in all price ranges too - Hence the hotel/inn/dump statement.

But golf - you will have options - the trick is housing, proximity to the great food downtown and upper king have some just awesome food choices as well as many many other places. but the trick, again, housing, proximity to food and proximity to golf. That can make it hard(er). 1 round or several could also make things interesting. You don't want to be on Kiawah and end up playing Patriot's Point for example or vice versa, be at Mt Pleasant and have an 0800 tee time at Stono ferry eihter could be an hour or 30 minutes depending on a bit of luck. Heck one Thanksgiving we were Kiawah and kid 2 and I went to Stono to play - maybe 10 miles away - maybe 12? Anway, took a solid 30 minutes to get there with lightish traffic.

Congrats on your upcoming wedding - you have my most sincere sympathy!

So, it all depends on where you are staying and what you are willing to spend.

High end - rent a nice place on Seabrook or Kiawah and play their courses - they are seldom busy - would gladly take your money and you could do the replay rate at the Ocean Course if things went well (and you stay at Kiawah). Non-Ocean course gonna a be (estimates only - $175 and up), Ocean course for just 1 round $500 or more and caddy fees. less if you are able to do the replay rate.

Next tier - and again depends on your price range and where you are staying.
If south of the city/peninsula - Shadowmoss - reasonable rates but not sure about getting a block - contact them. And Stono Ferry - great track but about 50% more than Shadowmoss.

If you are staying in Mt Pleasant - Charleston National, Patriot's Point, and few others in the area - that I can't think of right now!

In city - the Charleston Muni dates to 1929 - and I think is actually older than that - can be windy and greens are really interesting - you will remember them - but probably hard to get a block - if you do, it's a treat, it's in the city, and really cheap - but, it's also a legit muni so sand (for example) may be spotty.

If you are farther away - lot's of courses in Summerville just far enough away to be less hectic and you can still get the great Charleson food if that's a thing for you all - or bar hopping too.

@PapaJohick - what did I miss?

If I am cleared to play, I expect to be included in one round - so would @PapaJohick 😬
Literally depends on where they’re staying. You hit the fine points of course.

I’d be down for sure.

and since we now have verified east Canada will let you in .... we're doing Banff/Whistler?? I'm buying the whisky! I need to get vengeance for that 410 yard drive of yours at Horseshoe!
I do need to get back to Whistler.....

I forgot I also have my bachelor party trip in January that will be a golfing trip. We are going to Biloxi and playing Fallen Oak and either Grand Bear or The Preserve as well.

@PatsFan - when is the world amateur? If it's deep enough into 2024, I may well sign up, as I want to resume my golf after knee surgery recovery. Let me know if you need a roommate - if I can swing it (the dates and the clubs!)

That would be one golf trip for me.

Edit to add a few more. at least 1 trip to see all the NC members that I have the pleasure of playing golf and breaking bread with. too many of you to name, but here's a few @e1iterate @pumbaa @outlawx @SC Putter and I know I missed a few, so, apologies for that.

Another - may not be a trip - but who knows, to see and golf with a handful of SC members - @Davidhibler @PackersGirl @Scorp @PapaJohick - who else ? 2024 gotta make this happen.

I have a buddy in TN that I want to have a golf weekend with annually.

Gotta find time for a round with @xThor Neil has such a great life outlook, sense of humor and game - and how else will I get to see and try putters that I might ordinarily miss?

And finally, if decide to go, Rolling Stones in Orlando in June - golf and the stones - that's a pretty nice weekend for me!
I too would like to get the Hiblers on more or less their home turf: I'm definitely interested in SC!

I have one trip on the schedule to Ballyhack...another I'm trying very hard to figure out. And then it's not golf specific, but I'm going to Hawaii next year with the wife and I will make time for a round or two lol

Just GOAT Cup so far…

Gray Bull.

Maybe the SW v SE callout, if it makes.

Otherwise, looking for something for my 60th birthday.

Nothing planned yet

Maybe the SW v SE callout, if it makes.

Otherwise, looking for something for my 60th birthday.
Note to add that one, even if I can't play, I can make snide remarks and piss people off, you know an ordinary day in my life.

I have a few in mind that I'll be travelling to.

Lord @jdtox on his home turf when it thaws out for a day trip.
Down to Texas to see @USAF Retired for a couple of days.
Possibly see if there's any THPers around Ontario for a day trip round... @Junkyard?
IF I can get away for a few days, I'd love to get down to see @Davidhibler @PackersGirl @pumbaa @Scorp etc around their area.

Right now it's my boys trip to the Cape in May and then another group trip in late August / early September.

In the spring I will go to either Mesquite NV or Mytle Beach SC with a group of buddies. Which location is a source of active discussion. Beyond that maybe some regional golf travel. I will be in Colorado and always enjoy playing there. And years back I threatened to go play a round or two in Utah with @Tenputt. I would enjoy that. Maybe 2024 is the year.

I'm going to Tampa in February, no particular courses, just a little winter trip. Then in May we're going to Sand Valley and Erin Hills. Hoping there will be more as the year goes on.

That’s the trip I made 2 years ago. Drink plenty of water. Both resorts are walking only. You don’t want to end up in the back of an ambulance for cramping up and dehydration.

One of the best trips I have ever been on.

Looking at doing Big Cedar Lodge in Branson in late May.

In the spring I will go to either Mesquite NV or Mytle Beach SC with a group of buddies. Which location is a source of active discussion. Beyond that maybe some regional golf travel. I will be in Colorado and always enjoy playing there. And years back I threatened to go play a round or two in Utah with @Tenputt. I would enjoy that. Maybe 2024 is the year.
Anytime, my man.

That’s the trip I made 2 years ago. Drink plenty of water. Both resorts are walking only. You don’t want to end up in the back of an ambulance for cramping up and dehydration.

One of the best trips I have ever been on.
I need to make it to Cali in 2024, we gotta get a round in.

I have a few in mind that I'll be travelling to.

Lord @jdtox on his home turf when it thaws out for a day trip.
Down to Texas to see @USAF Retired for a couple of days.
Possibly see if there's any THPers around Ontario for a day trip round... @Junkyard?
IF I can get away for a few days, I'd love to get down to see @Davidhibler @PackersGirl @pumbaa @Scorp etc around their area.
I'm here! I'll even travel or if you want to see some of Ontario let me know - I can make it happen!

We are traveling to Georgia for a wedding. I will be playing a few CCs. Old Barnwell and maybe Secession, I think.

Nothing as of yet sadly

Hopefully I can figure something out!

Back