A few booked and I am ready:
March: GA/SC Reynolds Lake Oconee (all courses), Old Barnwell, Tree Farm and U of GA course
April: Prairie Dunes, Kansas; then Bandon
Fall: is still looking like Banff & Whistler

A few booked and I am ready:
March: GA/SC Reynolds Lake Oconee (all courses), Old Barnwell, Tree Farm and U of GA course
April: Prairie Dunes, Kansas; then Bandon
Fall: is still looking like Banff & Whistler

Post back what you think of the Reynolds Courses. I played them last fall and really enjoyed them......some really nice houses there too.

Looking to possibly go to Myrtle Beach in a few weeks for a short trip. Does anyone have any insight on must play courses or ones to stay away from. It seems like there are so many courses there that its hard to figure out which to play. Any advice would be appreciated.

Looking to possibly go to Myrtle Beach in a few weeks for a short trip. Does anyone have any insight on must play courses or ones to stay away from. It seems like there are so many courses there that its hard to figure out which to play. Any advice would be appreciated.

North, South or Middle? Some really nice courses in each area and staying in south Myrtle and booking courses in north, for example, will put you commuting too much of your vacation.

Rumors have begun amongst the family of a NC golf trip later in the year. I may have talked up Tobacco Road last year a bit...

I don't see a down side.

Other than the Ocean course I really like the Dye Club at the Barefoot resort. Got to play it the day after Darius Ruckers/Hootie & the Blowfish tourney he has each Spring. It was in great shape!!! Played with a couple from Toronto, man they were a BLAST.

Lots of great places though. Have a wonderful time. You will enjoy it I'm sure.

Other than the Ocean course I really like the Dye Club at the Barefoot resort. Got to play it the day after Darius Ruckers/Hootie & the Blowfish tourney he has each Spring. It was in great shape!!! Played with a couple from Toronto, man they were a BLAST.

Lots of great places though. Have a wonderful time. You will enjoy it I'm sure.

After all that I think we have decided to just go back to Pinehurst area. I have family in Wake Forest so were thinking 2 rounds down Pinehurst way then a round or 2 up around Wake Forest. I really enjoyed that area last year when we went.

After all that I think we have decided to just go back to Pinehurst area. I have family in Wake Forest so were thinking 2 rounds down Pinehurst way then a round or 2 up around Wake Forest. I really enjoyed that area last year when we went.
Either way, no doubt you will enjoy golfing in that area. Have FUN!!!

Cascata and Rio Secco in March. Working on an in at Shadow Creek too but not looking good 🤞 though.

Playing Bandon in May with my son. His college graduation trip. Will be there a week and play all 6 courses plus Preserve and Shorty’s par 3 ( opens in May) cool part is he plays free since he is 22 as part of the Junior Bandonista program.

Playing Atlantic Dunes on the Sunday before Master's week

Cabot Cliffs end of May. Not staying on property, so I can't make tee times until 30 days before. But I have an AirBnB on the ocean for the week, and just booked plane tickets. I'll be playing as a single, so I shouldn't have any trouble getting out there, as I can play any time Mon-Thur.

On a plane as we speak for trip #2 of 2024. Headed to West Palm Beach for a few days. Was in Jax in January when it was 30-40 degrees , so hoping for better weather on this one.

I've got a couple lined up so far.

I'd like to add one or two more, depending on if things work out, and if I can talk random THPers into meeting me in a random city again.

Had to cancel my trip to Erin Hills and Sand valley... Gotta find something else to do at some point this year.

my first trip of the year is complete, spring run down to Missouri. weather was decent and the courses played well; some sandy greens from aeration last fall, and all but one course was cartpath only due to heavy rain before our arrival. i'd have rather walked with my pushcart than trekking back and forth on every shot.

3/09: Oaks at Margaritaville (formerly Tan-Tar-A): misty and cool, narrow course with lots of elevation that needs some work, #9 is a super cool hole
3/10: Payne's Valley: cool, windy, and exposed up on the high ridges, Tiger's design is dramatic, fair, and worth every penny; the 19th hole experience is really cool
3/11: Old Kinderhook: another old school course, tons of elevation changes and elevated greens, our VRBO overlooked the par three 7th
3/11: Lake Valley: open layout, a 6-6-6 course with six each par 3s, 4s, and 5s was super interesting; good shape and nice choice for the second round of the day
3/12: Osage National: wonderful Palmer design along the river with many risk/reward options and lots of mounding, bonus mountain 9 for 27 holes, highly recommended

if i went back i think i'd look into staying on site at Osage National, maybe in early June. would play there more, plus still make the drive down to Branson for BP courses.

3pv4.jpg3pv3.jpg3pv2.jpg3pv1.jpg3osgnatl.jpg3osgnatl2.jpg

Just booked Myrtle Beach for April 12-17. If anyone is in the area and wants to hook up for a round with me and the wife, let me know. Other than Pine Lakes one day because of a raincheck, we have no other courses picked yet. We typically like to try ones we haven't played before and do a North, Central and South course. Probably in for four rounds (Saturday to Tuesday)

My job allows me access to the TPC courses in the US. I am playing TPC Sawgrass on Apr. 3rd with a few customers. Looking forward to that one although I expect to shoot 100. Sawgrass is tough!

Cascata and Rio Secco in March. Working on an in at Shadow Creek too but not looking good 🤞 though.
Shadow Creek came through! Wynn is out due to a tournament. So Wednesday it’s Shadow Creek, Thursday is Cascata and Friday and Saturday are with Butch Harmon at Rio Secco. Stoked for this trip!

Might try to squeeze in a Sand Valley trip this summer based upon their availability. As teachers we have the benefit of basically being ready to travel anytime between the end of June and middle of August. Of course that also means no shoulder season discounts at places. Back and forth with SV this weekend, going to try and set something up this afternoon as well as a round or 2 at Lawsonia

Annual trip to Kamloops to play 4 rounds, 3 courses, 3 days. I was going as a single as part of a big group but then all of a sudden Cousin, FIL and his buddy decided they wanted to come so that was good. I'm going to see about adding an extra night and round at a different course the day before also.

I just got an email about another trip later in the year to play Sagebrush and a couple of others. Debating it but the cost is high for what it is and I don't think I could convince anyone else to go with me. I might just take some of that money and go down in WA and book a few nice courses there over a self made long weekend.

Had one already and got a few others booked this year

Was in Scotland last weekend at Cardrona
May - booked for Dunstanburgh and Alnwick up to now, but got a third to decide on still
August - couple days at The Belfry to play the Brabazon Ryder Cup course and the PGA National 2nd course
September - Craigelaw and Kilspindie with a few other couples from our golf club

My job allows me access to the TPC courses in the US. I am playing TPC Sawgrass on Apr. 3rd with a few customers. Looking forward to that one although I expect to shoot 100. Sawgrass is tough!
That‘s a pretty sweet deal! Any other TPCs on deck for the year?

Back