2024 Weight Loss and Nutrition Thread

@bigbov @Joshnoble01
How is the week looking>?
Good. Saturday one day blip focused me. Feeling so crappy Sunday was a good thing.

Sunday through Wednesday were all pretty much protein and veggies each meal. Hit the gym each day. Fantasy football signup yesterday made me hit the gym pretty hard. So pumped for August.

How about you and @bigbov?

@bigbov @Joshnoble01
How is the week looking>?
Fantastic... diet has been on point and workouts (weights & bike) are chugging along from 6a-7:15a M-F. Saturdays I have been doing just the bike for 1/2 hour and Sundays are rest. Clothes are starting to feel a little loose.

I literally read the calories on everything now. Had to grab a quick dinner last night on way to basketball game. Found a way to keep it under 500 (sushi & pot stickers).

I think I am hitting a bit of a wall with my weight loss. I don't think I need to lose anymore weight, but I am fluctuating between 175-185 depending on my meals and snacking. I think it's time to hit the rower more consistently and with the weather turning better, walking every golf round possible will happen.

Good. Saturday one day blip focused me. Feeling so crappy Sunday was a good thing.

Sunday through Wednesday were all pretty much protein and veggies each meal. Hit the gym each day. Fantasy football signup yesterday made me hit the gym pretty hard. So pumped for August.

How about you and @bigbov?
So far so good. I am going to hit this thing clear sailing.

So far so good. I am going to hit this thing clear sailing.
Yeah. I’m not worried about the original goal. It’s about stretch goals now.

Regardless of that this is really about getting in shape and being fit.

Yeah. I’m not worried about the original goal. It’s about stretch goals now.

Regardless of that this is really about getting in shape and being fit.
Amen Brother.

...and with the weather turning better, walking every golf round possible will happen.
I'm absolutely with you on that one...I walk/carry all of my solo 9-hole rounds and it helps not only with weight control, but also with strength.

Me, I'm down 19 pounds for 2024, mostly from going to a carb-restricted diet. I haven't lost any weight this week, but my mirror tells me that progress is still being made. Must be gaining muscle, which weighs more than fat...

I'm absolutely with you on that one...I walk/carry all of my solo 9-hole rounds and it helps not only with weight control, but also with strength.

Me, I'm down 19 pounds for 2024, mostly from going to a carb-restricted diet. I haven't lost any weight this week, but my mirror tells me that progress is still being made. Must be gaining muscle, which weighs more than fat...
Muscle doesn't actually weight more than fat, a pound is a pound, but the composition (specifically density) of muscle is where it's different. The best example I was ever given was think of a 10lb ball and a 10lb weight plate, which one would look better as abs?

Muscle doesn't actually weight more than fat, a pound is a pound, but the composition (specifically density) of muscle is where it's different. The best example I was ever given was think of a 10lb ball and a 10lb weight plate, which one would look better as abs?
My bad, I guess I should have said "more dense/compact than fat"...

My bad, I guess I should have said "more dense/compact than fat"...
I hope I didn't come off as preachy, I didn't mean to, I just never know if people really understand that, and it can throw off a persons whole weight loss goals when they get that confused.

Breakfast
Oats with applesauce and peanut butter

8 oz unsweetened Almond milk
1/2 cup oats
4 tbsp unsweetened apple sauce
1-2 tbsp peanut butter

Nuke the oats for 2 1/2 minutes on power 8. (So it won’t boil over)
Add AS & PB after

13 g protein
9 g fiber
17 g total sugars
400 cals

9:30 ish I will have 2 hard boiled eggs or substitute 1 egg with 6 oz Greek yogurt and berries

Breaking my fast with 2 reds chicken chorizo eggwiches

Screenshot_20240308-113108.png

200 cal, 16g protein. Not bad. I need to find these.
Not terrible either. Not amazing but I throw them in the air fryer instead of the microwave and they aren't bad. Some Cholula and it's easy.

How long did you fast for?
I do 16/8. 16 fasting and then eat from 1130 to 730. How I lost all my weight originally. I don't do it for the health benefits because I don't know if those are real I do it as a routine and a way to limit calories

I do 16/8. 16 fasting and then eat from 1130 to 730. How I lost all my weight originally. I don't do it for the health benefits because I don't know if those are real I do it as a routine and a way to limit calories
Ok. I’m on a similar timeline. Mostly so that I eat less and was just curious. Definitely not strict about it and will eat in the morning if I am hungry. But mostly start eating at noon or 1 for lunch time and then eat dinner and no food after 8.

The way it was phrased it sounded like potentially a long fast like 24 or 36 hours.

Even better:

1 lb of fat uses 2-3cals per day just as a normal part of functioning.

1 lb of muscle burns 7-10cals per day just as a normal part of functioning.

Let alone actually exercising...

Something broke through, I'm on a downward trend again.
Tiger Woods Success GIF

I had the stomach flu Wednesday where I ate less than 250 calories but I’m been feeling strong at the gym and our walking/biking these past couple days. I only weigh myself about 3 times a months but today I was down to 185 lbs. which is lower than I’ve been since November. Lots of calories being burned now that I’m biking 4 days a week or more.

74D32F6C-1AB3-4182-A61B-D304A3D36160.jpeg47F78E73-213F-4585-A414-7F4F71EE6C49.jpeg

Wife picked these eggwitch’s with turkey sausage. Just had one for lunch. Only 190 calories with 17 grams of protein and only 3 grams of carbs and 1g of sugar. I’m always suspect of stuff that comes in a package though.

IMG_9167.jpeg

Humble brag alert 🚨

Every year I buy a cheap pair of cargo shorts for golf league. I’m the money guy and we run skins & low man each week. Need the pockets to keep it organized.

Last few years I’ve bought size 44. Just came home from store and tried on the 42’s I purchased. They are a little big 💪🏻.

First weigh in since starting IF again lost 2 lbs in a week. Slower than before but I'm not as active. Think once I start playing more golf and it warms up it should speed back up. Also biggest thing I've noticed is I get full quicker which will help with portion control as well.

Back