2024 Weight Loss and Nutrition Thread

Humble brag alert 🚨

Every year I buy a cheap pair of cargo shorts for golf league. I’m the money guy and we run skins & low man each week. Need the pockets to keep it organized.

Last few years I’ve bought size 44. Just came home from store and tried on the 42’s I purchased. They are a little big 💪🏻.
Mike Dirnt Thumbs Up GIF by Green Day

That's awesome!

My wife bought me some joggers yesterday. They are XLs. Not sure the last time I fit into XL sweatpants pants or gym shorts.

Wife picked these eggwitch’s with turkey sausage. Just had one for lunch. Only 190 calories with 17 grams of protein and only 3 grams of carbs and 1g of sugar. I’m always suspect of stuff that comes in a package though.

View attachment 9247509
The chicken chorizo ones are good.

My wife bought me some joggers yesterday. They are XLs. Not sure the last time I fit into XL sweatpants pants or gym shorts.
@JB probably won't recognize us in August.

I will try those out. I am always suspect of packed stuff like this that seems too good to be true but based on everything I have found they are not bad.

I’m expecting greatness
#38orBust
Most of my stuff was 42 or generous 40's. Having to retire pants and be able to put on ones that didn't fit me is awesome. Not buying anything new until I can do a 38 though.

Im still searching for them. Found the burritos, but those are pretty heavy on the calorie side of things.

Today I am starving!
I had brunch at my mother-in-law's yesterday, ate way to much toast and potatoes.

So broke my fast with oikos triple zero, some granola, and an energy drink. Lunch was leftovers, and snacks are string cheese and trail mix. All in should be under 1k calories which leaves me 800 for dinner and that's plenty.

Minus 8.8 lbs for week 1.
That is the fools gold result, basically the easy short term stuff that comes from being huge to begin with and simply cutting out the gratuitously bad stuff. The real work starts soon enough.

Today I am starving!
I had brunch at my mother-in-law's yesterday, ate way to much toast and potatoes.
How do you handle the hunger?

Drinking lots of water and eating VERY small amounts of food every 2-3 hours usually does the trick for me.

Congrats - good for you!

Completed a 24 hour fast over the weekend. Mainly just to see if I could do it.

Will go for 36 Wednesday and Thursday.

Weighed in at 216 this morning. That is a full 10 lbs down since i started Jan 2nd.

How do you handle the hunger?

Drinking lots of water and eating VERY small amounts of food every 2-3 hours usually does the trick for me.
I agree, more water and popcorn or hard boiled eggs.
This is the only way I have found to get through a hangry day.
The feeling is distracting and makes me get up from my desk often.

First weigh in since starting IF again lost 2 lbs in a week. Slower than before but I'm not as active. Think once I start playing more golf and it warms up it should speed back up. Also biggest thing I've noticed is I get full quicker which will help with portion control as well.
What is your IF schedule? When I was doing it I did 16/8 and had pretty good results. Now I'm kicking around just doing 1 day on 1 day off. I kinda like the mental clarity I'm getting with a 24-hour fast. I like it so much so that I'm going to attempt a 36-hour fast starting last night around 9pm and see how that goes.

What is your IF schedule? When I was doing it I did 16/8 and had pretty good results. Now I'm kicking around just doing 1 day on 1 day off. I kinda like the mental clarity I'm getting with a 24-hour fast. I like it so much so that I'm going to attempt a 36-hour fast starting last night around 9pm and see how that goes.
16/8 11:30 to 7:30 is when I eat. I don't think I could go with a 24 or 36 hour fast. That seems so tough.

16/8 11:30 to 7:30 is when I eat. I don't think I could go with a 24 or 36 hour fast. That seems so tough.
Honestly, I thought so too. It's always been something I thought would be too tough for me to do. Until Saturday. I spent the day drinking a lot of water with just a sprinkle of sea salt, and also Propel. The only time it was tough was around my traditional meal times but I just kept busy with other things and got through it.

Honestly, I thought so too. It's always been something I thought would be too tough for me to do. Until Saturday. I spent the day drinking a lot of water with just a sprinkle of sea salt, and also Propel. The only time it was tough was around my traditional meal times but I just kept busy with other things and got through it.
What’s the purpose in slowing down metabolism?

What’s the purpose in slowing down metabolism?
For me, it's a self-control thing. I'm a recovering addict and I've got some stuff going on in my personal life currently that has been bringing up urges. How I deal with that is by doing something to show myself I have control. The last time those thoughts and feelings came up it was quitting smoking that got me through them.

There has been some research that I read before starting on Saturday that shows there are a bunch of added health benefits around pre-diabetes and cardiovascular disease which are both things that are deep in my family history so that's an added benefit for me as well. Not necessarily a weight loss thing if it happens then that's a bonus! :D

After the success of the XL pants my wife just sent me the following text.

"Do you think a size large is pushing it?"

Yes it is. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I'm now down 9 pounds total and excited to see the pounds slowly coming back off

Back