2024 Weight Loss and Nutrition Thread

I’m already seeing differences with the way clothes fit, which is not only nice but also seriously desperately needed. And a teen kid who would normally rather get a root canal than give dad a compliment told me I looked good tonight.

I’m already seeing differences with the way clothes fit, which is not only nice but also seriously desperately needed. And a teen kid who would normally rather get a root canal than give dad a compliment told me I looked good tonight.
Hell yeah dude!

I had been stuck for a bit at the same weight, and finally saw the scale drop yesterday! Shirts looser, pants baggy, love when things start moving in the direction I want!

Bought Bojangles for the team this morning and there is food still sitting there and it's so hard to resist. Must stay strong 😳

Bought Bojangles for the team this morning and there is food still sitting there and it's so hard to resist. Must stay strong 😳
No Way Beer GIF by Busch

‘Control your environment’…move to another location to work or get that stuff out of site.

‘Control your environment’…move to another location to work or get that stuff out of site.
I brought it for the team as a reward and they requested it. I got through it and broke my fast with an oikos triple 0 and a banana

Stumbled upon this thread looking up Ireland topics. I'll chime in, no booze since Jan 1...down 18lbs and 5% BF, lifts across the board are all maintained as well. Feeling good!

Broke my fast with a green giant steamer of broccoli and cheese around 120 calories, som left over chicken, and a Pepsi cherry zero. Wife made homemade cinnamon buns so I had 1 bite because I had to "taste" them. Soooo good. But now I'll have a snack later of either beef jerky or a Greek yogurt

I have a lot of bananas that are ripe and need to be used. I have spent way too much time looking up high protein banana recipes.
I ended up making a protein banana bread and protein banana/blueberry oatmeal bake. Still have 3 more bananas left, I'll come up with something to make today, but maybe something that freezes well, no way I can eat all this right now haha. I'm thinking maybe even just using them for creami bases.

I ended up making a protein banana bread and protein banana/blueberry oatmeal bake. Still have 3 more bananas left, I'll come up with something to make today, but maybe something that freezes well, no way I can eat all this right now haha. I'm thinking maybe even just using them for creami bases.
Banana Splits?

And hear me out...

Yeah, I got nothing. Honestly, I would make banana bread I really enjoy it.

Banana Splits?

And hear me out...

Yeah, I got nothing. Honestly, I would make banana bread I really enjoy it.
I did make a banana bread, just a high protein version, great for pre or post workout. I think I am going to use them for creami bases. A RTD protein shake, 1 tbs sugar free pudding mix, and 1 banana, it makes a great creami.

I did make a banana bread, just a high protein version, great for pre or post workout. I think I am going to use them for creami bases. A RTD protein shake, 1 tbs sugar free pudding mix, and 1 banana, it makes a great creami.
Yeah, I don't have a creami - I make a lot of banana bread and freeze it. It's so easy to get along with. I'm glad you get a better variety though than I would be getting. Banana and Zucchini bread are a staple for me a lot of the time when they are available.

Banana and this to break my fast shortly

PXL_20240315_150600347.jpg

@bigbov @Joshnoble01 How are we looking?
I had a good week at the Goat Cup, eating salad and fish mostly, other than my one night of BBQ.
I will hit my goal with no issue and surpass it.

I had a good week at the Goat Cup, eating salad and fish mostly, other than my one night of BBQ.
Awesome. I am not worried about hitting my goal. I have been doing weekly Friday weigh-ins and have been 2-2.5 pounds down every week. I think I will hit our original 10% number by end of April.

The stretch goal of 260 is in view. Can't slip up between now and then but it's doable. .

Really well actually.... I look forward to getting up and putting in work each morning right now. The fact that my clothes are loose help and my blood pressure is within normal range now (wife checks it often). My secret weapon that I haven't mentioned is I also haven't had any alcohol since the Waste Management Open. No beer in 5+ weeks is having a great effect on me.

Week 2 weigh in. -4 for the week, -12lbs overall. I understand these are bigger than normal numbers because of how big I got and it will taper off in the weeks ahead. Tortoise and the hair...I'm in this for the long haul.

But it is very nice to have more energy, sleep better, improved mental health and clothes are starting to fit again. (I'm squeezing into my former "fat" clothes...ugh that's pathetic but sometimes the truth hurts).

Week 2 weigh in. -4 for the week, -12lbs overall. I understand these are bigger than normal numbers because of how big I got and it will taper off in the weeks ahead. Tortoise and the hair...I'm in this for the long haul.

But it is very nice to have more energy, sleep better, improved mental health and clothes are starting to fit again. (I'm squeezing into my former "fat" clothes...ugh that's pathetic but sometimes the truth hurts).
Great on you man!

That's the best reason to do this stuff.

Awesome. I am not worried about hitting my goal. I have been doing weekly Friday weigh-ins and have been 2-2.5 pounds down every week. I think I will hit our original 10% number by end of April.

The stretch goal of 260 is in view. Can't slip up between now and then but it's doable. .
This is awesome. I think 250 could actually be in your sites.
Really well actually.... I look forward to getting up and putting in work each morning right now. The fact that my clothes are loose help and my blood pressure is within normal range now (wife checks it often). My secret weapon that I haven't mentioned is I also haven't had any alcohol since the Waste Management Open. No beer in 5+ weeks is having a great effect on me.
No reason to slip up now, right?

This is awesome. I think 250 could actually be in your sites.

No reason to slip up now, right?
None... The thought of having to walk Ballyhack literally made me quit drinking. The health benefits are nice bonus!

None... The thought of having to walk Ballyhack literally made me quit drinking. The health benefits are nice bonus!
To give you an idea, Danny Le is in pretty good shape, after five holes he was seriously winded.

To give you an idea, Danny Le is in pretty good shape, after five holes he was seriously winded.
Props to him for walking any there. Having been there I can't even imagine getting through the 1-2 start.

Props to him for walking any there. Having been there I can't even imagine getting through the 1-2 start.
It was 2-6 too.
He didnt have a choice. His partner left him out there due to shall we say "an emergency"

Back